Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman Arrested for Not Returning Officer's Pen « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#60 : July 27, 2008, 05:24:19 PM

Hey, if you run
I dont like the tassers in the first place.
But read the link.
The police approached him and he ran!
At that point what ever happens to him is on him.
Maybe if he didnt run the police would not of had the adrenalin flowing.
I was a AT in the navy and after that  had my injury.
I have taken a lot of voltage  from tens units and other devices.
None of it is really good for you.
However dont run dont die seems reasonable to me.

Let's assume that he did run and the police were accurate with that part of their report.

So, if we go by your logic, Doobie, the cops can shoot him 100 times because he ran?
Hey, if he didn't run, he wouldn't have gotten shot, right?

Ever been to central America?
And do Thats not what I said.
When he decided to run,he him self has no one to blame but him.
How many times does something like this happen after the bad guy runs?
Guess what lamond?       The K-9 would do far less damage than was done!
You think  people would stop running if they knew a K-9 was coming?
I've seen guys come out of hiding upon  hearing the dog close. They come out begging dont let the dog lose.
And no you wont get a cheap one from me!
The police were wrong for killing this guy.No doubt!
But if he didnt disrespect the police it would not of happened in the first place.
Thats the major problem today ....lack of respect!

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#61 : July 27, 2008, 05:56:30 PM

Hey, if you run
But read the link.
I was a AT in the navy and after that had my injury.
I have taken a lot of voltage from tens units and other devices.

Let's assume that he did run and the police were accurate with that part of their report.

So, if we go by your logic, Doobie, the cops can shoot him 100 times because he ran?

Guess what lamond? The K-9 would do far less damage than was done!
You think people would stop running if they knew a K-9 was coming?
I've seen guys come out of hiding upon hearing the dog close. They come out begging dont let the dog lose.
But if he didnt disrespect the police it would not of happened in the first place.

your views are a little extreme, but I know what you are saying doobie...

problem is, there are a lot of people here on this board with no respect for police, they think running, fighting back, smarting off, and disobeying are an ok thing...  (STICK it to the MAN)

should this loser criminal be dead for doing what he did?  NO, but had he not run, and complied, he would be living to comit other crimes in the future.

He shouldn't be dead, but I will never shed a tear for this element of society.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#62 : July 27, 2008, 06:21:58 PM

Pretty sure nobody's asking for your hollow tears...

Is it wrong for citizens to expect the police to obey their own laws ?

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#63 : July 27, 2008, 07:50:42 PM

Hey, if you run
But read the link.
I was a AT in the navy and after that had my injury.
I have taken a lot of voltage from tens units and other devices.

Guess what lamond? The K-9 would do far less damage than was done!
You think people would stop running if they knew a K-9 was coming?
I've seen guys come out of hiding upon hearing the dog close. They come out begging dont let the dog lose.

Take it easy David.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#64 : July 27, 2008, 08:42:23 PM

problem is, there are a lot of people here on this board with no respect for police, they think running, fighting back, smarting off, and disobeying are an ok thing...  (STICK it to the MAN)

I have yet to see one person say it was OK to do any of those things. Feel free to show us where any
of us said that.

should this loser criminal be dead for doing what he did? NO, but had he not run, and complied, he would be living to comit other crimes in the future.

LOL. The loser criminal was charged (not convicted) with possession of coke. Ooooooooo! What a
loser criminal. Must be a really bad guy.

The REAL loser criminals (with actual convictions) are the police chief and his political buddy...

The current police chief is a convicted drug offender who got a pardon from Edwin Edwards, the former Louisiana governor who is serving time in federal prison for corruption convictions.

All of that tangled history is now wrapped up in the Pikes case, because Scott Nugent, the officer who Tasered him, is the well-connected son of the former police chief who killed himself--and the protege of the current chief who hired him onto the force.

LOL. Protege of the current convicted criminal, police chief. Nice to have a convicted criminal as your mentor.

Cronyism and corruption. Welcome to justice, Louisiana-style.

#65 : July 27, 2008, 09:41:35 PM

Respect goes both ways. We all watch TV and cheer when Sipowicz roughs up the burglar, detective Vic Mackey is beating the drug dealer, or Elliot Stabler elbows the pedophile in the ribs. But in real life, not everyone is guilty. We have too many officers that think they are immune to the rules and can just treat everyone like dirt. I'm definitely not saying that they're all like that, but there are enough of them to have created a lot of resentment along the way. Maybe none of them act that way in your community, but go to any poor community and you can see the resentment openly.

So, maybe you're right - the major problem today is lack of respect. But respect is a two-way street. And, of course, only one side gets to beat you up or taser you if they think they're not getting the respect they desire.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#66 : July 27, 2008, 09:55:53 PM

I didnt intend to sound extreme.
Maybe it is to much emotion.
There can be no doubt that there is a certain segment of society that hates the police.
Refuses to even help catch a killer that no doubt should be caught.
It just gets old hearing bad guy runs,gets  shot,tazered or what ever and the family screams bloody murder and sues.
There are some bad cops .no doubt about that. This is LA so I forgot to factor that in.
I wonder what these neighborhoods would look like if we could get past the recent past and learn to see the police as the good guys.
Being a police officer has to be very tough.
This has to be one of the hardest times to be one .

Dave ...................Who the heck is that?

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#67 : July 27, 2008, 10:05:40 PM

Respect goes both ways. We all watch TV and cheer when Sipowicz roughs up the burglar, detective Vic Mackey is beating the drug dealer, or Elliot Stabler elbows the pedophile in the ribs. But in real life, not everyone is guilty. We have too many officers that think they are immune to the rules and can just treat everyone like dirt. I'm definitely saying that they're all like that, but there are enough of them to have created a lot of resentment along the way. Maybe none of them act that way in your community, but go to any poor community and you can see the resentment openly.

So, maybe you're right - the major problem today is lack of respect. But respect is a two-way street. And, of course, only one side gets to beat you up or taser you if they think they're not getting the respect they desire.

I agree.
And in most cases I would say the police do  start out that way.
Years of cameras with COPS would lead one to believe this to be true.
They take a lot of crap.
I dont have a problem with showing the bad ones either.
Just dont through the baby out with the bath water.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#68 : July 27, 2008, 10:08:17 PM

The Los Angeles PD has a bad rap and deservedly so. But my few interactions with them
have been pretty damned good. My one interaction while working was great. The cop
went out of his way to help me and my crew.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#69 : July 28, 2008, 08:19:13 AM

I have yet to see one person say it was OK to do any of those things. Feel free to show us where any
of us said that.

should this loser criminal be dead for doing what he did? NO, but had he not run, and complied, he would be living to comit other crimes in the future.

LOL. The loser criminal was charged (not convicted) with possession of coke. Ooooooooo! What a
loser criminal. Must be a really bad guy.

The REAL loser criminals (with actual convictions) are the police chief and his political buddy...

The current police chief is a convicted drug offender who got a pardon from Edwin Edwards, the former Louisiana governor who is serving time in federal prison for corruption convictions.

All of that tangled history is now wrapped up in the Pikes case, because Scott Nugent, the officer who Tasered him, is the well-connected son of the former police chief who killed himself--and the protege of the current chief who hired him onto the force.

LOL. Protege of the current convicted criminal, police chief. Nice to have a convicted criminal as your mentor.

Cronyism and corruption. Welcome to justice, Louisiana-style.

They don't call it Lousyanna for nothing.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#70 : July 28, 2008, 10:07:01 AM

LOL

Runole

Hall of Famer
#71 : July 28, 2008, 10:12:22 AM

I believe the primary definition of the police is "TO PROTECT AND SERVE"  and yes I am sure it is a tough job, but if you choose the profession you take on the responsibilities that define the job. 

Trying to justify "uncalled for police brutality" is why law enforcement doesn't get respect. 

I can certainly understand the need to use force against a uncooperative individual but the brutality after someone is subdued is totally uncalled for. Such officers need to be removed from the job.

Lynch47

Hall of Famer

#72 : July 28, 2008, 09:53:04 PM

The Los Angeles PD has a bad rap and deservedly so. But my few interactions with them
have been pretty damned good. My one interaction while working was great. The cop
went out of his way to help me and my crew.
nice to see you say something positive about the police Joe
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Woman Arrested for Not Returning Officer's Pen « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools