Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question for Golfers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12

Stratobuc

Starter
#30 : August 04, 2008, 12:27:01 AM

"I played two weeks ago at Silver Dollar @ 10:00am and it was $20 with cart. "

It may be economical, but you won't improve playing a flattened goat farm like that.

#31 : August 04, 2008, 12:29:01 AM

I played two weeks ago at Silver Dollar @ 10:00am and it was $20 with cart.

Was that for 18-holes?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#32 : August 04, 2008, 12:53:45 AM

"I played two weeks ago at Silver Dollar @ 10:00am and it was $20 with cart. "

It may be economical, but you won't improve playing a flattened goat farm like that.

If you're starting out, it doesn't matter -  if fact, I'd think that kind of course will build confidence. Paying $65 to play the PGA course out at Lutz isn't worth it for even a double digit handicapper.

#33 : August 04, 2008, 12:59:14 AM

LOL, Silver Dollar is pretty bad though. Chi Chi Rodriguez is $22 and it is a very nice course for that price. I think it's in Palm Harbor, you can find it on their website.

Have any of you been to Plantation Palms?

#34 : August 04, 2008, 01:01:22 AM

The worst thing about over played public courses is the awful greens and poor tees.  Its hard to improve your putting when playing on cabbage patch greens.

Stratobuc

Starter
#35 : August 04, 2008, 02:02:49 AM

The worst thing about over played public courses is the awful greens and poor tees. Its hard to improve your putting when playing on cabbage patch greens.

Yes, that was the point, but..... Chi Chi's is a nice course with good greens. At this time of year, Bardmoor is affordable - and to me, its the best public course in Pinellas county.

Stratobuc

Starter
#36 : August 04, 2008, 02:07:47 AM

It wasn't too bad last time mjs and only 3 of the greens were crappy looking, and just like oma said if you have a 24 handicap like I do no sense paying $50 or more to go hack up somebody's nice course.

Unless you never plan on improving. What its worth to play is different to each. I only know that for myself - I NEVER improved untill I started challenging myself.

Stratobuc

Starter
#37 : August 04, 2008, 02:08:34 AM

LOL, Silver Dollar is pretty bad though. Chi Chi Rodriguez is $22 and it is a very nice course for that price. I think it's in Palm Harbor, you can find it on their website.

Have any of you been to Plantation Palms?

Yes, and its a real nice course - very fair yet challenging.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 04, 2008, 10:45:24 AM

the weighted club can really fudge up your swing, that's for sure.

I'm a little late but agree with oma.

Extra weight only helps with putting, not full swings.

#39 : August 04, 2008, 10:54:17 AM

the weighted club can really fudge up your swing, that's for sure.

I'm a little late but agree with oma.

Extra weight only helps with putting, not full swings.

It depends on the tool and how its used.  Weighted clubs are as old as the hills, and many pros use them.  The Momentus is carried by several tour pros for warm up and practice.   If you use the DVD and use it as directed its a decent swing plane tool.  I went from an average driver to an extremely long accurate driver after a little use with my Momentus.

This site has 34 review, and teh overwhelming feeling is it improved their swing/game:  http://www.golfreview.com/cat/accessories/medicus/PRD_76478_2947crx.aspx

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 04, 2008, 11:46:26 AM

It depends on the tool and how its used. Weighted clubs are as old as the hills, and many pros use them. The Momentus is carried by several tour pros for warm up and practice. If you use the DVD and use it as directed its a decent swing plane tool. I went from an average driver to an extremely long accurate driver after a little use with my Momentus.

This site has 34 review, and teh overwhelming feeling is it improved their swing/game: http://www.golfreview.com/cat/accessories/medicus/PRD_76478_2947crx.aspx

Yeah, just for me it wasn't helpful.

What happened to your account?

#41 : August 04, 2008, 11:49:33 AM

I deleted it, don't like post counts.

The Momentus worked great for me.  Spending five minutes a day with it helped my game more than hours at the range and hundreds spent on lessons.  And I can us it indoors, huge advantage in the summer.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 04, 2008, 12:43:07 PM

I deleted it, don't like post counts.

The Momentus worked great for me. Spending five minutes a day with it helped my game more than hours at the range and hundreds spent on lessons. And I can us it indoors, huge advantage in the summer.

wow, you must loath post counts to delete your stuff

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#43 : August 04, 2008, 12:49:00 PM

A good warm up before hitting balls is the swing two mid-irons at the same time to warm up the muscles.  The older I get, the more this warm up helps.

As for playing expensive courses, for new golfers, would recommend playing on the beat up courses- get as many rounds in as possible and as you get better, challenge the high priced ones.  I find that the pro shops, starters, marshalls at the high end courses are snops - new golfers tend to break all their rules (ie driving carts onto the tee boxes) - so make your mistakes on the cheap courses - get better - then spend your hard earned money on the ritz courses.

#44 : August 04, 2008, 01:16:33 PM

agreed oma. I am a beginner, and I have found that to be the best advice. My dad took me to Silver Dollar just because he knew I couldnt lose too many balls there lol

I dont feel like I need any better clubs/balls than I use right now, or that the course Im playing matters much. Im just looking to consistently play better and just being out there practicing helps a lot. I putted and chipped better at Chi Chi Rodriguez last time I went than I have since I began. And Chi Chi isnt too beat up but it's not nearly as well kept as Plantation Palms. I feel like just going to the range 1-3 times per week, and getting out and playing when I can, helps me a lot. I can practice every swing/putt at the range that I can at any course.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Question for Golfers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools