Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: E. Graham--did he get hurt today? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : July 30, 2008, 02:32:55 PM

Younger doesn't always equal better...

i must applaud you on that....

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 30, 2008, 02:56:38 PM

I agree Chev. I just figured someone like Julius Jones could be around longer.

Gotta work with what you got. How does Julius Jones come into a conversation about Dunn and Pittman?  Or Dunn being too old.  Julius has some skills, but other than the monster backs in this league, I'd take Dunn anyday...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 30, 2008, 04:17:25 PM

Because Jones(26yo) was available when they signed Dunn.  Dunn is a good back but I thought the team was trying to get younger on offense.  It may have kept them from drafting a high round back when Dunn retires.  I understand that Dunn is a fan favorite and that is good for the team.  Not saying Jones was the answer. Just a younger approach.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 30, 2008, 04:23:21 PM

It may have kept them from drafting a high round back when Dunn retires.

I can assure you the Bucs not drafting a RB had nothing to do with Dunn.  They just felt that the duo of Dunn and Graham could get the job done this year and they probably wanted to guage where Cadillac is.  Remember, not too long ago they spent a top 5 pick on him, so if he can return to form, they don't want to waste another top pick on a back...

There are future drafts.  Dunn is better than Julius Jones.

EDIT: It's not like grooming a QB...it's not that hard for a RB to get used to the NFL..I.E. Cadillac/AP rookie years.  Its if they can stay good and not fall to the wear and tare...

enterprise

Rookie
#34 : July 30, 2008, 04:27:08 PM

My only fear is that Dunn goes the Charlie Garner route.  But as has been pointed out, he doesn't have a history of significant injuries, knows how to take a hit and has veteran smarts.  He's a good addtion, for sure.  However, the point is vaild concerning the f/o's [in]action in acquring RBs.  From FA to the draft, there were plenty of options out there.  I'm NOT saying the committee won't get it done...they're all talented with complimentary skills...and perhaps it can also be argued that the day of the one stud back/workhorse is drawing to a close...so that from playbook to checkbook perspective, relying on Graham, Dunn and Bennett makes a lot of sense.  

#35 : July 31, 2008, 02:46:35 PM

It may have kept them from drafting a high round back when Dunn retires.

I can assure you the Bucs not drafting a RB had nothing to do with Dunn.  They just felt that the duo of Dunn and Graham could get the job done this year and they probably wanted to guage where Cadillac is.  Remember, not too long ago they spent a top 5 pick on him, so if he can return to form, they don't want to waste another top pick on a back...

There are future drafts.  Dunn is better than Julius Jones.

EDIT: It's not like grooming a QB...it's not that hard for a RB to get used to the NFL..I.E. Cadillac/AP rookie years.  Its if they can stay good and not fall to the wear and tare...

How in the world did "hate" miss that one?  Bump for a second chance....

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#36 : July 31, 2008, 04:58:39 PM

LOL, Doc, why you provoking my man Hate?  I'm sure he's avoiding this topic on purpose...LOL

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#37 : July 31, 2008, 05:15:18 PM

LOL, Doc, why you provoking my man Hate? I'm sure he's avoiding this topic on purpose...LOL

I dont know but I sure hope Carnell Williams get back to his FORM.  I mean rookie of the year, what else can you ask for.   ;D ;)

#38 : July 31, 2008, 07:36:03 PM

LOL, Doc, why you provoking my man Hate? I'm sure he's avoiding this topic on purpose...LOL

I dont know but I sure hope Carnell Williams get back to his FORM.  I mean rookie of the year, what else can you ask for.   ;D ;)

C'mon Hate, thems fightin' words!!!!!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 01, 2008, 08:50:05 AM

Aren't Carnell's cleats in the Hall of Fame.  WOW...what a great back.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 01, 2008, 10:06:39 AM

I'd chime in with the usual 'Carnell's a great back' comments but I'm not messing with "Hate" after the way he called out Bucco40.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 01, 2008, 10:15:44 AM

whew...

Whew what? Askew is more important than EG.

I am sorry. I am always wrong. I do believe Askew is important...but Graham is important too. I will take back my whew..

You're not always wrong. I agreed with you once...

Yeah, but you both were wrong... ;D

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: E. Graham--did he get hurt today? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools