Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Vote « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

swirless

Pro Bowler

#15 : July 29, 2008, 09:18:01 PM

I like Bush the man. He is very humble, charming, and witty from what I have seen. He is someone I could socialize with but he isn't your prototypical statesman.

Hahah you are point on, I agree and his mannerisms and his mistakes open the door wide open ofr criticisms of his IQ, his judgement, etc.  Cant't wait to read his memoirs, I think he would be a good guy to hang out with and drink a beer and talk about the buc's and Brett Favre and who the Rays should sign.

Cheers

Pro Bowler

#16 : July 29, 2008, 09:50:35 PM

The lesser of two evils...McCain.

#17 : July 30, 2008, 07:18:55 AM

As I said, I was rejected outright because my shoulder. I have no insurance.

Expecting people to put aside tens of thousands of dollars for a possible surgery is not realistic
for a large chuck of the population. And with the way the economy is heading, it's going to be
even less of an option.

We need to change the system. Doing something about the pre-existing condition policies would
be a start.

Yeah, because you have your priorities for money right?  Because you need the big-screen tv so you "don't lose your signal..." so you have to spend the money that you make right away, instead of saving up.  There is this thing called self sacrifice that some seem to live out, and some don't.  Those that do, know that the government and handouts are never a solution to the problems of this world, so they simply don't spend more then what they make for money. 

As far as the arguement against pre-existing goes insurance companies do that for the sake of not having someone come to them just for the sake of being sick.  The back end of insurance runs on a pool of moneys invested in not just any kind of stock, but the highest quality stock, they have to do this, in order for the pool of money to be there.   The pre-existing conditions has a end to term on it, and can be 12/18 mo.  Not saying that is easy for people to digest, but then again if people were educated, or better yet, took the time themselves to research it better, they may have found themselves without these difficulties.

Bottom line: when it comes to health insurance, people need to know that they simply can shop around for the best price for general care needs, same goes for generic alternatives.  With my insurance, they lay it out plainly in front of you, what is in network and off network, what it costs for copays for pharmacy, and copays for the in network and off network choices as well. 

As far as your statement regarding people not, putting money away, that is a typical excuse, IMO, of people in general.  Because it cuts into buying the fun items on your wish list, no?  I just know that between, Social Security, Medicare/Medicaid, and the gov't, that I cannot rely on them to supply me with what I will need, especially when it comes to retirement.  I have insurance, that I'm paying for to protect not only short term but long term. 

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#18 : July 29, 2008, 10:33:03 PM

this will mark the first time since I was of legal voting age that I am not going to cast a vote...

I can't vote for either of these two, so I am going to let america decide for me...

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#19 : July 29, 2008, 10:34:19 PM

this will mark the first time since I was of legal voting age that I am not going to cast a vote...

We are not even registered yet, and we aren't bothering.  My desire to avoid jury service trumps my desire to vote. 

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#20 : July 29, 2008, 10:42:11 PM

The thing that makes me laugh is the same people that are bashing Obama probably loved Bush eight years ago. He was basically clueless on foreign policy and half the time appears to be a couple of IQ points short of being an imbecile.

A couple??

Will Ferrell doing Bush attempting to pronounce foreign names will never, ever, get old.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#21 : July 30, 2008, 06:27:18 AM

There are only two choices here (sorry Barr and Nader) Obama and McCain. I can't take any more of this administration and I think McCain will be a continuation of Bush's policies.

So I'll take Obama and my chances on someone new. Hell, they can't be any worse than what we have now.

Couldn't care less that he doesn't float some's boats. Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Ashcroft/Gonzalez/pick a corrupted Republican don't float mine. Politics are cyclical and the wheel is turning, which is what this country is all about.

Our turn. It's an Obamanomanon! Doo Doo De Doo Doo, Obamanomenon, doo doo doo doo( sung to the Muppets tune)

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#22 : July 29, 2008, 10:59:18 PM

I was leaning towards McCain but he seems to be deviating from what he is truly about which has me second guessing him.  And his foreign policy isn't exactly endearing me to vote for him.

I like Obama's foreign policy approach, but a big question mark I have about him is how would he go about balancing the budget?

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#23 : July 29, 2008, 11:14:41 PM

We are not even registered yet, and we aren't bothering.  My desire to avoid jury service trumps my desire to vote.  

Why do you hate America?

I support any and all efforts to write-in my name. I'll do it! Thanks OBD and DR.

Put me in office and we'll have shot at ending our dependence on oil. Three letters...

UFO

Think propulsion systems. Whether or not they are alien is irrelevant when it comes to the
energy aspect. If we have craft that can do those things, we can end our dependency on
oil overnight. It would change the entire world.

But those Special Access Programs  (SAPs) are so deep and black that to get access to
them is going to take more than a UfoJoe presidency. Maybe if I had a JG VP and MJS,
BBB and Illuminator, cabinet, we could do it. Unfortunately, I think that private
contractors (Like Lockheed, Boeing, etc...) may be in charge of those programs
and they're operating without any oversight and outside of the constitution.
I don't know how we can break that open.

The Iraq war is costing us plenty but is nothing compared to the money that was
missing a few years back. IMO, this money is going into those SAPs and is churning
out a lot of these craft that people think are alien in nature.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/01/29/eveningnews/main325985.shtml

More money for the Pentagon, CBS News Correspondent Vince Gonzales reports, while its own auditors admit the military cannot account for 25 percent of what it spends.

"According to some estimates we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions," Rumsfeld admitted.

$2.3 trillion - that's $8,000 for every man, woman and child in America. To understand how the Pentagon can lose track of trillions, consider the case of one military accountant who tried to find out what happened to a mere $300 million.

"We know it's gone. But we don't know what they spent it on," said Jim Minnery, Defense Finance and Accounting Service.

You guys should really take a listen to the Richard Dolan interview I linked to in the Moon Walker thread.
The UFO subject is extremely important to our future. And, like I said, that's leaving out the alien/whatever
aspect and concentrating on the energy/propulsion part of the equation.

“We already have the means to travel among the stars, but these technologies are locked up in black projects and it would take an act of God to ever get them out to benefit humanity….. anything you can imagine we already know how to do.”

~Ben Rich, former Head of Lockheed-Martin Skunk Works

Rich died not too long after saying that. That's too bad. Would have loved to have heard more from him.

#24 : July 29, 2008, 11:43:20 PM

I will be honest, I really have yet to hear what Obama is really going to accomplish, heck he has yet to really do much of anything since entering the senate?  I'm seriously in the same boat as Galt? is on this simply for the sake of I don't like either of them, I'd be more in favor of a Duncan Hunter, or a Mitt Romney.  

Obama is going to implement a ruinous healthcare system that is going to be worse then that of medicaid and medicare.  There used to be a time that there wasn't a need for health insurance and people paid the doctors up front.  Looks like the trend is starting to pick back up again COD = Cash-Only Doctors.  

And with a universal converage in place what is to stop issues like this from being amplified? New York Medicaid Fraud May Reach Into Billions

replica

Hall of Famer
#25 : July 30, 2008, 12:07:25 AM

I want things to change. I have friends who have lost their jobs, their homes..I have friends overseas fighting a war that I wish would end. The prices of everything from food to gasoline are getting way out of hand. I feel the Bush regime has failed us, & I fear Mccain is just more of the same.  Obama will bring much needed change in DC, fresh blood, no more Haliburton & Chaney. I can't trust these guys, & I'm amazed that they were reelected in the first place. Obama 08! (Or Joe if we can get him on the ballot)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#26 : July 30, 2008, 12:14:26 AM

I will be honest, I really have yet to hear what Obama is really going to accomplish, heck he has yet to really do much of anything since entering the senate?  I'm seriously in the same boat as Galt? is on this simply for the sake of I don't like either of them, I'd be more in favor of a Duncan Hunter, or a Mitt Romney.  

Obama is going to implement a ruinous healthcare system that is going to be worse then that of medicaid and medicare.  There used to be a time that there wasn't a need for health insurance and people paid the doctors up front.  Looks like the trend is starting to pick back up again COD = Cash-Only Doctors.  

And with a universal converage in place what is to stop issues like this from being amplified? New York Medicaid Fraud May Reach Into Billions

No universal healthcare? Fine. I understand why people don't want it. So come up with an alternative to
what we have now. I was rejected (because of a bum shoulder) last year for insurance. So last week, when
I had to get a colonoscopy and endoscopy done so the doctor could rule out cancer, I had to pay out of my
own own pocket. In total, with the doctor's visit, blood work and two procedures, I paid $1600.

If I DID have a tumor or something that needed to be operated on, I wold have had a bill that would
be in the tens of thousands and would have been bankrupt. So what is your plan to change that?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#27 : July 30, 2008, 12:26:39 AM

Its amazing the wealthiest nation on earth can't find a way of giving all its citizens access to health care.  Sure socialized medicine has problems in other countries, does that mean we throw our hands in the air and say it can't be done.  That is a very defeatist attitude for a country that prides its self on its ingenuity.

How about a government backed/owned insurance company.  Just take the companies we have now and turn them into none profit organizations.   Then make everyone contribute to the insurance companies via taxation.  I know the word "tax" scares many of you but when a country spends 250% more per capita on health care than most first world countries yet ten of millions still don't have health insurance its hard to argue what we have now is working.

NovaBuc

Starter

#28 : July 30, 2008, 12:28:56 AM

I'll likely wince when I pull the lever and likely won't know who I will vote for until I step into the booth, but I do know I'll vote. I don't feel I have the right to complain if I don't participate in the process. Would be nice if just once I could vote for president without holding my nose or feeling like I have to choose the person most likely to do the least amount of damage.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#29 : July 30, 2008, 12:32:35 AM

I'll likely wince when I pull the lever and likely won't know who I will vote for until I step into the booth, but I do know I'll vote. I don't feel I have the right to complain if I don't participate in the process. Would be nice if just once I could vote for president without holding my nose or feeling like I have to choose the person most likely to do the least amount of damage.

Don't worry the country/economy is an absolute train wreck anyway so it will be hard damage it much more.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Vote « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools