Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Vote « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

#75 : August 02, 2008, 01:26:06 PM

We also homeschool our children (shock gasp, what a horrible person I must be), and since you state that education should be free, does that mean you should pay your taxes to me so that my child can be educated?  No, it is a choice that we made in what we think is the best interest for our children. My 8 yr old daughter just tested for an aptitude test this year, and her lowest score was math computation and it was still at a 3rd grade level, 4th month.  Everything else was at atleast a 4th grade level or higher, the highest two were comprehension at 5th grade level, 6th month, and spelling 6th grade level 8th month, she also took second place in a city wide spelling contest. She averaged in around the 80th percentile or higher. Guess what, the only structured time she has for school consists of 2 hours.  But because she is interested in learning she takes the initiative herself, and reads for fun, and does all things that she can.  She is ahead of the curve because we encourage her when she is doing these things for fun, and she does this without our help.  She is also very active in ice skating, and is has two more classes to go before she can start into free-style. Plus she actually does have a life and has lots of friends to be around, and is a very responsible little girl.  She also happens to be the one who has congenital glaucoma.  Sure my house may be a little more messy as a result, and we may not have the fancy TV, new cars, and whatnot, but I enjoy what I've seen in my kids for it.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 02, 2008, 03:35:52 PM

You kind of make the argument for me with that post.  IF SS contributions were increased and a national health under was launched, then EVERYONE that worked would be paying into it.   It would stop the irresponsible from not providing health care for their families because it would be out of their hands. 

Quite honestly it dumbfounds me how Christians can be so in favor of promote ridiculous wealth whilst we have so many poor and needy in society.  Any half decent caring society makes sure EVERY child is born with fairly equal opportunity.  That means that health care and education should be free until the age of 21.  That should be the starting point of any shift toward improving public health care IMO.

M_J_S please don't stereotypical every Christian. Some are not and some are more researched than others.

There is always more issue's to fit many lives, not one issue fit them all Pewter Warship. I have voted in the past for Republicans and Democrats This time our country needs help only for the fact that this country was abused under a leadership that could not see the big picture. Many issues are at stake and from what we have I will vote for the best Candidate and Pray for them. I truly and disappointed in anyone who thinks any one person has all the answers. We all are fighting for our homes, jobs, and health for our family. I and my wife work and still have a concern for not just ourselves but all including the Elderly for whom the backs of this country is built upon and we are hurting them worse. Pewter you almost make me want to vote for OBama due to your ridicule. Some one has to shift gears here buddy and if you don't recognize it we are truly in a rut...OBD

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#77 : August 02, 2008, 03:42:00 PM

For those of you who hate Obama, what for? You're scared of a bad president (Carter) when you just came out of an even WORSE administration? That's not logical. And for all the economic problems of the 70's (and I remember them well), they were nothing compared to all the negative elements at play now.
Just found out that like hundreds of people in my company, I probably won't have a job come New Year's.
Some of you never learn. McCain can't possibly be Bush because most of the damage is done already. I'll despise each and every one of you that vote for a continuation of Republican ways.
You hate what you imagine could be. I loathe what is. It's been your watch and since the Hoover Administration, none has failed America worse.

Why do I hate Obama?

He cuddles to bigots as his spirtual advisor then throws them overboard, calls idiot rappers a great artist then throws him overboard, then he plays the race card when it has nothing to do with the campaign, and I still havent heard what change hes going to bring. The guy is an empty suit, hes a fad.

Not to mention I dont want a president who will instantly pull out of Iraq when it all apprears it going the best it ever has.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 02, 2008, 03:46:53 PM

For those of you who hate Obama, what for? You're scared of a bad president (Carter) when you just came out of an even WORSE administration? That's not logical. And for all the economic problems of the 70's (and I remember them well), they were nothing compared to all the negative elements at play now.
Just found out that like hundreds of people in my company, I probably won't have a job come New Year's.
Some of you never learn. McCain can't possibly be Bush because most of the damage is done already. I'll despise each and every one of you that vote for a continuation of Republican ways.
You hate what you imagine could be. I loathe what is. It's been your watch and since the Hoover Administration, none has failed America worse.

Why do I hate Obama?

He cuddles to bigots as his spirtual advisor then throws them overboard, calls idiot rappers a great artist then throws him overboard, then he plays the race card when it has nothing to do with the campaign, and I still havent heard what change hes going to bring. The guy is an empty suit, hes a fad.

Not to mention I dont want a president who will instantly pull out of Iraq when it all apprears it going the best it ever has.

You just describe most politicians...OBD

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#79 : August 02, 2008, 03:48:20 PM

Why do I hate Obama?

Yeah cause we all know, politicians love rappers, play the race card when they cant talk issues, and have spirtual advisors who are bigots.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 02, 2008, 03:49:34 PM

Why do I hate Obama?

Yeah cause we all know, politicians love rappers, play the race card when they cant talk issues, and have spirtual advisors who are bigots.

That about covers it all...OBD

#81 : August 02, 2008, 04:17:09 PM

There is always more issue's to fit many lives, not one issue fit them all Pewter Warship. I have voted in the past for Republicans and Democrats This time our country needs help only for the fact that this country was abused under a leadership that could not see the big picture. Many issues are at stake and from what we have I will vote for the best Candidate and Pray for them. I truly and disappointed in anyone who thinks any one person has all the answers. We all are fighting for our homes, jobs, and health for our family. I and my wife work and still have a concern for not just ourselves but all including the Elderly for whom the backs of this country is built upon and we are hurting them worse. Pewter you almost make me want to vote for OBama due to your ridicule. Some one has to shift gears here buddy and if you don't recognize it we are truly in a rut...OBD

Where did I say that this one issue will fit our issues with border security?  Or how about our energy concerns?  As I've stated before it does start with the President, but not always end there, what has the House and the Senate done lately?  There is a reason why Republicans lost both the house and the Senate in 2006.  Being fiscally irresponsible and spending to no end is not going to get you elected again.  How about Bush's lack of interest in the border security, and why is it that there are two border guards, Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean, that are serving prison terms for doing their jobs?   Then in 2006 the Democrats made promises to end the war in Iraq, and also lower gas prices in 2006, how have those both faired since?  

Oh, I understand that there is more to it than just what I said.  There isn't a settled arguement for anything that life brings, I just think that there is no need to say that a hand out is necessary for everything in life either.  Voting for the best candidate is a nobel idea when it can actually apply to us.  But since when has either the democrats or republicans actually stood for anything more then a bloated and out of control government these days?

So lets break it down here, voting for the best candidate, eh?  Okay, how about McCain?  Wow, he supports the troops... is that it?  Really?  Does he have much else in the way of what I would believe?  Okay so he is trying to help find answers to our energy crisis... okay, but that still doesn't answer the questions on border security, out of control spending from our gov't, and is "maverick" crossing the aisle, stances.  He flips just as much as Obama flops, IMO.  Point of fact, I think both selections flat out suck rocks.  There really is nothing to get excited about in the direction of this country at all IMO.  Sure I could vote 3rd party, but that is almost the same as not voting at all at this point.

I think that there is an awful lot of pointing fingers at others when the blame lay square at our feet for how things have gotten here.  Someone has to step up, how is my view of that pushing you to vote Obama.  McCain, is NOT the answer that I've been looking for, and I think that good candidates from both parties got overlooked for the two that are in right now.  He has stated that he is for the tax cuts, but in the past has made statements to increase them?  I think all in all people are really going to be in for a surprise in what happens next to this country with either a McCain led or Obama led presidency.  

This is something that is neither republican nor democrat, if this country continues to spend out of control as it has been there will be nothing left that is american for anyone to enjoy here.  Hey if Obama, can control spending, balance the budget for this United States, secure our borders, push for good energy policy and make us independant of foreign oil, make good with foreign policy, and insure that we never have another 911 again.  If he can do all of that, or his administration coupled with both the House and the Senate, then he'll likely go down as one of the greatest presidents in history.  Likewise with McCain, but they both don't sound very appealing to me at all.  I've even considered voting for either at one point, but as new information comes out on both of them, the less I like either.

There should not be a need ignore the elderly, nor the youth of this country either.  What is funny is that you do not hear anymore about what you can do to help out, I simply am saying that I don't need the gov't help, give it to those who can't, because not everyone needs the help.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#82 : August 03, 2008, 12:31:50 AM

You lack the ability to read between the lines, OBF. I don't believe ANY of the candidates. But I believe Obama will attempt to end the situation in Iraq EVENTUALLY. Under McClueless, we'll be there at least another four years. Book on it.
And don't go whining about the race card simply because it's not YOUR race. When politicians talk music, who cares?
As for spiritual adviser, I would hope we would all have more than one and could break way they did. Otherwise, we'd be just electing Czar Nicholas II and Rasputin.

In Verner We Trust
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Your Vote « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools