Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FF? « previous next »
Page: 1

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

FF?
: July 30, 2008, 09:43:17 PM

or great...

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
FF?
#1 : July 30, 2008, 09:46:46 PM

many people play fantasy football.. i havent yet.. but this year will be my first.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

FF?
#2 : July 30, 2008, 09:49:25 PM

SBF, It really really is simple and easy and extremely fun if you keep on top of it. Especially if you join a money league. You get really competitive and you might learn something bout analyzing player skills. I went out on a risk last year to get Randy Moss as like my 6th draft pick. It really did pay off when people were laughing at me for taking him. Trust me, join as many leagues as you can so you can stay busy when you are bored.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

FF?
#3 : July 31, 2008, 06:54:31 AM

SBF, It really really is simple and easy and extremely fun if you keep on top of it. Especially if you join a money league. You get really competitive and you might learn something bout analyzing player skills. I went out on a risk last year to get Randy Moss as like my 6th draft pick. It really did pay off when people were laughing at me for taking him. Trust me, join as many leagues as you can so you can stay busy when you are bored.
I agree with everything he said, except joining as many leagues as you can. Some of your teams will not be very good depending how your draft goes, and if any of your key players get hurt. People with too many teams tend to neglect their teams that are sucking. It makes for a crappy league when people abandon their not so good teams.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

FF?
#4 : July 31, 2008, 09:13:18 AM

I join just a few a year. Usually join someone elses free one, I make a money one and then I'll join a local restaurant or something and try to win some free ish.

My boy won Old Chicago's last year and got free pizza and beer for a year. Nice take for a free league.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
FF?
#5 : July 31, 2008, 10:00:05 AM

I join just a few a year. Usually join someone elses free one, I make a money one and then I'll join a local restaurant or something and try to win some free ish.

My boy won Old Chicago's last year and got free pizza and beer for a year. Nice take for a free league.

Really.  How do you find out about those and how doe they manage them? 

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

FF?
#6 : July 31, 2008, 09:16:34 PM

I knew the ppl that worked at Old Chicago from goin in there all the time and the mgr called me and told me about it. I'm not sure if they are doing it again this year or not, I'm gonna find out here soon.

Just call around and ask. I heard that a local Beefs was doing something similar. My buddy banked. He got 4 free large pizzas a month and 4 26 oz beers each for up to 4 people.

They had one of their managers set up a league on the cbs sportsline site and he managed it all year. they had a live draft at the restaurant. and an award ceremony at the end of the season.

cool thing was every time you won your week matchup, you got 10 old chicago bucks, if you were the high scorer for the whole league you got an extra 10. my buddy had moss and brady and destroyed. he was gettin 20 bucks a week in free food and then won the grand prize.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
FF?
#7 : July 31, 2008, 11:39:32 PM

cool
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: FF? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools