Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to see the Bucs sign in FA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

bklynbucs11

Starter

: December 19, 2006, 12:27:46 PM

Foreword - don't expect to get every great FA for the Bucs. THere are a LOT of teams with cap room - the AVERAGE team is $21.4 mill under the cap this season. So I think the key is value. So who do you think we'll be able to get without breaking the bank on one guy? here's my personal preference list, in no specific order. we can't sign all of them obviously but if we get even a couple, I'll be thrilled:

1) Cato June. Should be more available and cheaper because of poor performance recently coupled with strong FA LB's. Briggs, London Fletcher, Adalius Thomas, Boss Bailey, Jeff Posey, Al Singleton are all UFA's and there's a couple of good RFA's as well. I think he needs to learn patience (which is something Brooks does have and can seriously mentor into June). I think he's not as bad as he looks in the meager Colts D. shaun Barber is also an interesting possibility.

2) Ken Hamlin. We are desperate at safety and he's the best bet out there. Fortunately for us, not a big market for safeties this saeson, as we might have the biggest need in the NFL. Other possibilities, Jordan Babineaux (RFA) or Deon Grant. Again, don't think Hamlin or Babineaux is as bad as the Seahawks d makes them look

3) Rod Coleman. This might be overlooked but would be a SERIOUS boost. We need major help at the D-line and I don't see us drafting Alan Branch. I would prefer Branch but we don't have 2 first round picks and I think Calvin Johnson is a better pure talent that also fits a major need. Coleman can get to the QB like no one's business and I don't think Atlanta can afford to lock him up long term because of their salary cap.

4) Jon Stitchcomb or Leonard Davis. We need to draft CJ in my opinion - but the reason I don't like thomas as a draft pick - i think we need some actual veteran leadership on the offensive line. wade's not doing it and he can be easily replaced. Whereas drafting another rookie would only give us another year of inexperience. Hey, we've already lost a starting Qb for the season in 2 straight seasons - we need to solidify, and we need a little bit of veteran leadership.

5) KGB or Adalius. Preferably Adalius of course because he's so damn physical and can play the run. KGB though has been overlooked because no one throws against Green Bay anymore. Might come a lil cheaper and I still think he's a pure pass rusher.

What do you guys think?

#1 : December 19, 2006, 12:29:51 PM

Plan A
1. Lance Briggs
2. Asante Samuel

Plan B
1. Nate Clements
2. Cato June

With both of these, Ken Hamlin and Eric Steinbach.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 19, 2006, 12:39:24 PM

IF Coleman is available without a doubt he should be target #1.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 19, 2006, 12:41:47 PM

IF Coleman is available without a doubt he should be target #1.

I think he has three years left on his contract:

2007 4000000.00
2008 4500000.00
2009 3750000.00

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 19, 2006, 12:43:03 PM

Freeney looked pretty good last night! Don't know if the Colts will let him seek offers, but there likely will be a long line if they do.

Orangegone1

Starter

#5 : December 19, 2006, 12:43:37 PM

1. Steinbach
2. Samuel or Clements
3. Hank Fraley via trade(Bentley is coming back next year. We can watch Fraley this weekend).
4. Hamlin
5. J. Allen
6.1st pick-Thomas

#6 : December 19, 2006, 12:48:43 PM

oh God no @ Jared Allen....he's got anger management and alcohol issues....he's Darryl Russell Jr. IMO.

1. June
2. Hamlin
3. Justin Smith
4. Steinbach

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#7 : December 19, 2006, 12:48:58 PM

Hamlin, Clement, June or Briggs and Adalius thomas :)

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 19, 2006, 12:52:22 PM

Rod Coleman is signed thru 2009.................

Briggs would be my top target along with a CB (clements). Anything else would be a bonus. Getting Hamlin, would be ideal but if we were able to bring in michael Lewis I would be pumped having Briggs, Clements and Hamlin or Lewis...

Baghead #2

panchovilla

Rookie

#9 : December 19, 2006, 01:08:48 PM

Why do you think the Bucs need to sign any FA linebackers????

Here's my take...

Fire Gruden.
Hire Wisenhunt

FA priorities
Resign B.K.
Resign Simms
Resign Rattay

Release Rice
Release Buchanon
Release Grad-who-ski

Sign Dwight Freeney
Sign Matt Schaub
Sign Ken Hamlin

Draft
Ted Ginn, Jr to mold after Galloway and be mentored by Galloway.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#10 : December 19, 2006, 01:17:27 PM

This free agency is going to be rediculous. Too much cap space and too little talent. I would stay away from it for the most part. There aren't many good players, and the prices should be way too high for even decent players. I can't see us signing any big free agents.

#11 : December 19, 2006, 01:18:47 PM

Ill go by my priority list based on the Bucs

1) Dwight Freeney (The Colts cannot afford to match a Tampa Offer and if they Tag them they may have to mortgage their offense to sign him)

2)Leonard Davis (This sign could turn the tide of an average OL)

3) Nate Clements (Boost the secondary)

4)Lance Briggs (Great LB hopefully he will play opposite DB)

5) Roman Oben (Wouldnt it be nice to have this guy back?)

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#12 : December 19, 2006, 02:30:55 PM

This free agency is going to be rediculous. Too much cap space and too little talent. I would stay away from it for the most part. There aren't many good players, and the prices should be way too high for even decent players. I can't see us signing any big free agents.

We might get one legitimate pro-bowl caliber players and two or three not much better than what is on the roster already.  If Gruden wants to turn it around next year he needs to dig deep and get the most out of many players already on the roster.

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#13 : December 19, 2006, 02:53:35 PM

Why do you think the Bucs need to sign any FA linebackers????

Here's my take...

Fire Gruden.
Hire Wisenhunt

FA priorities
Resign B.K.
Resign Simms
Resign Rattay

Release Rice
Release Buchanon
Release Grad-who-ski

Sign Dwight Freeney
Sign Matt Schaub
Sign Ken Hamlin

Draft
Ted Ginn, Jr to mold after Galloway and be mentored by Galloway.

I think you feel down and bumped your head before posting this.
You must have lost your mind.
Why would we resign Simms and still try to get Matt Schaub, plus cut Grad?..he's a rookie give him time.

Fire Gruden? Not going to happen..sorry!!!

I do approve these...
Sign Dwight Freeney
Sign Ken Hamlin

Our current safeties suck!!! How do you get faked out by a fullback?

magicfan39126

Pro Bowler

#14 : December 19, 2006, 02:53:58 PM

1. Eric Steinbach

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to see the Bucs sign in FA « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools