Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to see the Bucs sign in FA « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Dominico

Starter

« #15 : December 19, 2006, 03:00:27 PM »

Why do you think the Bucs need to sign any FA linebackers????

Here's my take...

Fire Gruden.
Hire Wisenhunt

FA priorities
Resign B.K.
Resign Simms
Resign Rattay

Release Rice
Release Buchanon
Release Grad-who-ski

Sign Dwight Freeney
Sign Matt Schaub
Sign Ken Hamlin

Draft
Ted Ginn, Jr to mold after Galloway and be mentored by Galloway.

WOW.  Dude I really hope this is a joke, because if it isn't than you know nothing about the Buccaneers or football in general.  First of all BK is signed through the 2008 season. You can't release Buchanon because he is a FA. What would be the purpose of releasing Gradkowski????? He is a ROOKIE who started 11 games. Even if he dosn't make it, you don't release a guy who has shown promise and is making 6th round money. Let's resign Simms, Rattay, and sign Schaub, yeah that would do alot of good. We need a veteren QB not 2 young guns and a career backup. I am all for getting Simms or Schaub plus a veteren, but signing both is stupid.  Tampa will most likely have a top 5 pick, so drafting that overated piece of trash known as Ted Ginn Jr is out of the question.

Booger

Starter

« #16 : December 19, 2006, 03:02:14 PM »

We might get one legitimate pro-bowl caliber players and two or three not much better than what is on the roster already. If Gruden wants to turn it around next year he needs to dig deep and get the most out of many players already on the roster.

Beautiful, right on the money.  I could see one big ticket defensive player signing here, but we cant seriously expect to get two or more of Briggs, Freeney, Clements, Smith, June, Samuel, etc.  Its just not going to happen.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
« #17 : December 19, 2006, 03:08:20 PM »

I am curious to see which guys get signed when the first FA window opens right after the season ends.  Assuming we wanted guys like Garcia & Leonard Davis.  Signing them before the draft could have some draft implications.  I think the FA that hold out until after the draft will get the big money.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #18 : December 19, 2006, 03:13:26 PM »

2)Leonard Davis (This sign could turn the tide of an average OL)

I was unsure about Davis, but I've warmed to him as a guy who, at the right price, would probably be a really good signing for the Bucs.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #19 : December 19, 2006, 03:20:37 PM »

I'm not sure why Leonard Davis gets the love he does. I mean I'm not A. Davis fan but I think that is pretty much swapping junk for junk unless you think he's strictly a backup. That AZ line was awful until they flopped Wells to ROT and dropped Latui in at ROG.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #20 : December 19, 2006, 03:24:22 PM »

I'm not sure why Leonard Davis gets the love he does. I mean I'm not A. Davis fan but I think that is pretty much swapping junk for junk unless you think he's strictly a backup. That AZ line was awful until they flopped Wells to ROT and dropped Latui in at ROG.

I think LD is an upgrade over AD.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #21 : December 19, 2006, 03:29:36 PM »

Really? That's interesting. I see him about every 3rd game (roughly) if he's in a game next to the game I'm watching so I don't get a lot of good looks at him. What do you see in him that upgrades over our Davis?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

« #22 : December 19, 2006, 03:40:33 PM »

Really? That's interesting. I see him about every 3rd game (roughly) if he's in a game next to the game I'm watching so I don't get a lot of good looks at him. What do you see in him that upgrades over our Davis?

I don't think that LD is an improvement, especially considering their respective career trajectories.  LD had alot of accolades heaped on him initially, and has, in many's eyes, undone plenty of that hype.  AD started from the other end of the spectrum and has begun, slowly, to turn things around.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
« #23 : December 19, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »

Does Pancho know anything about football or this team?

That post belongs out in left field somewhere.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

« #24 : December 19, 2006, 03:46:07 PM »

Does Pancho know anything about football or this team?

That post belongs out in left field somewhere.

He's Tim Rattay's dad.

If that's not enough to get some cred, I don't know what is.  ;)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #25 : December 19, 2006, 03:59:27 PM »

I'm not saying its a huge upgrade, but he's got more size than AD and I think the Cardinals were wrong to have him play OG and I can't fault him for his poor play inside versus his normal comfort area playing outside. He seems to be a more natural OT to me, and he's the only guy on the AZ line who has been able to hold down his position. Watching him play both inside and out, I like him working in space where he can get a solid base and turn guys outside as necessary. I think his feet are a little quicker than AD's, and I'd have to guess he's stronger, too. And he did make the ProBowl as an alternate, so there's some sense he's pretty good at the OT position around the league.

I think if you can sign LD for the right money, AD suddenly becomes a very valuable guy to you as a swing tackle.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

« #26 : December 19, 2006, 04:22:13 PM »

Anyone that will help them in another SB.  Top of my list is a #1 CB especially if BK isn't on the mends, and a pass rusher, wether it's from the ends or the middle, but we need more preasure from the Dline.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #27 : December 19, 2006, 04:31:07 PM »

I think if you can sign LD for the right money, AD suddenly becomes a very valuable guy to you as a swing tackle.

Or LG

watson

Hall of Famer
« #28 : December 19, 2006, 06:42:46 PM »

Per the topic, here are my FAs:

Jeff Garcia;  Veteran WCO QB that can come in and be the starter as well as tutor for either Gradkowski or Simms if he re-signs or whoever they bring in via the draft

Lance Briggs:  He is well versed in the Tampa 2 and has the speed that 55 used to have.  Winborn is apparently well thought of by Kiffin the the other defensive coaches, but Briggs is a huge upgrade.

Nate Clements:  Don't know if BK will recover from the foot problem and Clements is younger with good coverage skills

Bucs to re-sign:
White:  Valuable swing player that can play either end position
Buchannon:  Has shown that he is not afraid to tackle and his coverage skills are still very good

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

« #29 : December 19, 2006, 07:18:47 PM »

Per the topic, here are my FAs:

Jeff Garcia; Veteran WCO QB that can come in and be the starter as well as tutor for either Gradkowski or Simms if he re-signs or whoever they bring in via the draft

Lance Briggs: He is well versed in the Tampa 2 and has the speed that 55 used to have. Winborn is apparently well thought of by Kiffin the the other defensive coaches, but Briggs is a huge upgrade.

Nate Clements: Don't know if BK will recover from the foot problem and Clements is younger with good coverage skills

Bucs to re-sign:
White: Valuable swing player that can play either end position
Buchannon: Has shown that he is not afraid to tackle and his coverage skills are still very good

With Buchanon exceeding expectations and Zemaitis having a full season under his belt, is CB such a concern that we need a high $$ CB like Clements?

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who do you want to see the Bucs sign in FA « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools