Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: West Virginnytucky = Disgraceful « previous next »
Page: 1 2

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#15 : July 09, 2008, 12:33:54 PM

I'm sure they'd be more willing to move on if Rod would pay up what he was contractually obligated to.

He doesn't believe he's contractually obligated to pay that ridiculous buyout since WVU did NOT live up to the contract. Can't you see how transparent WVU is in this case? Why in the hell would they leak the nonsense about all the documents being destroyed when its proven to not be true?

I'll have more comments later...

any more comments?

Yes I too am waiting for the additional whining, I mean comments.

BucNGator

Starter

#16 : July 09, 2008, 01:08:49 PM

Looks to me like WVU just got a football coach for the next five years......... for free!!

Pretty shrewd, and very "Allen" like!!

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#17 : July 09, 2008, 02:54:50 PM

I'm sure they'd be more willing to move on if Rod would pay up what he was contractually obligated to.

He doesn't believe he's contractually obligated to pay that ridiculous buyout since WVU did NOT live up to the contract. Can't you see how transparent WVU is in this case? Why in the hell would they leak the nonsense about all the documents being destroyed when its proven to not be true?

any more comments?

Yes I too am waiting for the additional whining, I mean comments.

Maybe he's finally taken his own advice:

Some people need to grow up and get on with their lives.

ranman

Pro Bowler
#18 : July 09, 2008, 10:51:45 PM

While a lot of WVU fans will be happy, in the long run they get $4 million and a filler for a coach.  Other "fillers" who inherited good to strong programs only to run them down below perennial expectations- Ron Zook, Larry Coker, John Cooper, anyone at ND post Ara, etc.
That's the way it works.  Very few great coaches want to step in where a big shadow has been cast.  Their preference is to cast it. 
This is not a knock on the WVU rabid fan base.  It is directly aimed at your administration and govenor for taking the chicken poop approach and going for the tenured "WVU man" as opposed to opening the wallet and doing a national search.   5 years from now Missagain might be in NC contention, and WVU will have their money and most likely a new coaching search on their hands.

matt

Starter

#19 : August 06, 2008, 07:31:24 AM

any more comments?

I'm waaaaaaaaaay late on this one, but I just wanted to make sure one thing is clear: the settlement does not mean that Rich Rod's position was without merit. UM President Mary Sue Coleman and AD Bill Martin were set to be deposed and didn't want to look like clowns like WVU Ring Leader Mike Garrison. Michigan had agreed to help him pay and saw no advantage to continuing with this lawsuit. They had hoped to get the amount dropped like with Beilein, but when they realized it would take too much time and resources, they cut their losses.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 06, 2008, 10:57:13 AM

any more comments?

I'm waaaaaaaaaay late on this one, but I just wanted to make sure one thing is clear: the settlement does not mean that Rich Rod's position was without merit. UM President Mary Sue Coleman and AD Bill Martin were set to be deposed and didn't want to look like clowns like WVU Ring Leader Mike Garrison. Michigan had agreed to help him pay and saw no advantage to continuing with this lawsuit. They had hoped to get the amount dropped like with Beilein, but when they realized it would take too much time and resources, they cut their losses.

...or UM saw that he was getting flat out embarrassed in court and wanted to save themselves the embarrassment of being FORCED to pay. 

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: West Virginnytucky = Disgraceful « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools