Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For you ice cream lovers « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : July 25, 2008, 02:51:25 PM

if bo's had ice cream flavors id be a much bigger fan.

edy's mint chocolate cookie is where its at.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#31 : July 25, 2008, 03:00:09 PM

I have to admit, I'm a Publix fan, period. They undertake things and do it in such a quality way they actually create profit centers that compete with name brands.

Their stores are clean, they hire the mentally challnged, they hire high school kids as well as senior citizens. They derive customer loyalty via this and a commitment to quality and a slightly upscale shopping experience. I frequently pay extra for some products, and I know it, because it's worth it. I understand some live on fixed incomes and must shop at the low cost/low price options. Publix is not completely upscale - but they certainly knwo that the market they target and they have a rabid commitment to that market.

Hurrah for Publix! This is just the latest example of doing it the right way. Are they perfect? No way - the industry surely has examples of "...gypsys, tramps, and theives..." (apologies to any of the people groups - it just fit the song), and Publix is no exception. but the business model and the custoemr loyalty Publix has built - works!

As for the ice cream Stan, I have not tried it - but I will. Thanks for the heads up!

I think we now know where Buc Buckeye works...

;)

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#32 : July 25, 2008, 03:01:56 PM

I love the McDonalds Carmel sundae...

does that make me boring?

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#33 : July 25, 2008, 03:12:33 PM

I love the McDonalds Carmel sundae...

does that make me boring?

Not really.  You were boring before you shared that with us......maybe you are even more boring now.     :P

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#34 : July 25, 2008, 08:25:40 PM

I have to admit, I'm a Publix fan, period. They undertake things and do it in such a quality way they actually create profit centers that compete with name brands.

Their stores are clean, they hire the mentally challnged, they hire high school kids as well as senior citizens. They derive customer loyalty via this and a commitment to quality and a slightly upscale shopping experience. I frequently pay extra for some products, and I know it, because it's worth it. I understand some live on fixed incomes and must shop at the low cost/low price options. Publix is not completely upscale - but they certainly knwo that the market they target and they have a rabid commitment to that market.

Hurrah for Publix! This is just the latest example of doing it the right way. Are they perfect? No way - the industry surely has examples of "...gypsys, tramps, and theives..." (apologies to any of the people groups - it just fit the song), and Publix is no exception. but the business model and the custoemr loyalty Publix has built - works!

As for the ice cream Stan, I have not tried it - but I will. Thanks for the heads up!

I think we now know where Buc Buckeye works...

;)

Hah! No - although when I was younger and needed extra income just after my son was born - I did do demo's for new products for a promotions company at several local grocery store chains every weekend for several  months. Even back then Publix was the nicest of the stores I had to work in, both from the management staff to the customers in the stores. Also, I have a family member that worked for a food brokerage. He said they were really tough to deal with as they know they're the best.

No, I'm a food addict - I absolutely couldn't afford to work in a grocery store - I already spend too much money working to keep extra pounds off - no way could I handle working around food all day and those live demo's cooking food all weekend! They'd come in one morning and find me frozen stiff in the ice cream locker....

Incomparable sig by Incognito

BucsGuru

Hall of Famer
#35 : July 27, 2008, 08:20:09 AM

Guys,
take the Chunky Monkey challenge.  Walnuts, dark chocolate, and real banana ice cream. 

Ben & Jerry were genius to create such a masterpiece!!!

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 14, 2008, 02:05:12 PM

BAD BAD news.

Publix stopped making the strawberry Shortcake ice cream.

Am scouring local stores to see if I can find any. Publix store manager also seeing what he can find.

Never had an ice cream I enjoyed so much. Great snack!!

Wrote a note to Publix to find out when it will be available again.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 14, 2008, 02:13:54 PM

The Publix SS ice cream was on sale, and I grabbed a half gallon last week. Good stuff, Stan. Thanks for the head's up.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 14, 2008, 02:17:29 PM

I've been "snacking" on over a gallon a week. I work from home so its easy to do.

This was my week to stock up again. Poor planning on my part.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 14, 2008, 04:13:09 PM

We get Blue Bell at work for birthdays and such and I have gotten hooked on them. Birthday cake and the banana split ones are awesome. I like the dark chocolate raspberry one that comes in the little pints the best though. Can't remember who makes it, but it is the BEST

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: For you ice cream lovers « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools