Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Bush resigned today.... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

kmitchell

Starter

#45 : August 12, 2008, 11:59:36 AM

I don't know if any of these are illegal but here we go...

Geneva Convention: Even the current conservative US Supreme Court has "branded George W. Bush as a war criminal for violating the Geneva Convention regarding the torture of prisoners."

War Crimes: In the case of Hamdan vs Rumsfeld, it was proven that numerous war crimes have been committed by the Bush Administration in the war against Iraq, including the preemptive invasion itself. This does not include the unaccounted-for millions of dollars lost in Iraq or the unlawful management by the US State Department regarding the US Contractors operating in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan. Holding and torturing prisoners being held without due process at Guantanamo Bay and the Abu Ghraib prison scandal are also serious war crimes.

Outing of a CIA Agent: The outing of Valerie Plame-Wilson by the Bush Administration, admitted by the CIA as being a covert agent, has led directly to **CENSORED** Cheney and possibly directly to the President.

Spying on Americans: President Bush has admitted to his program of warrentless spying against millions of Americans in violation of the Forth Amendment and the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act (FISA).

800 "Signing Statements": President Bush has signed more than 800 Signing Statements that circumvent over 1000 provisions of US laws. There is no constitutional clause that gives the President the right to ignore the law just "because he says so".

Missing e-mails: Two federal statutes require presidential communications, including White House e-mails, to be preserved for the nation's historical records. From 2001 to October 2003, the White House records system over-wrote all their e-mail files, and up to 2005, some e-mails still were not fully preserved. CREW (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington) and the National Security Archives allege that millions of e-mails are missing from White House servers. (It is interesting that the timing of these lost e-mails is when most of the major illegal Bush activities were occurring.)

Mis-use of e-mail systems: Both the Republican National Committee e-mail system and the White House system were used within the White House to perform partisan political activities. As the White House is public property, it is against the law to do partisan political business while on public White House property.

Unlawful FBI Activities: The ACLU has released documents showing that the Bush Administration directed the FBI to expand the definition of "domestic terrorism" to include citizens engaged in nonviolent protest and civil disobedience. This is totally unconstitutional.

Firing of US Attorneys: This was a successful attempt by the President to use his US Attorney General and the US Justice Department for partisan political gains.

Response to Hurricane Katrina: This was a demonstration of gross negligence by the Bush Administration. A major, obvious betrayal of public trust.

"Scooter" Libby: The President betrayed the public trust when he commuted the prison sentence of "Scooter" Libby.

Removal of Habeas Corpus: It is unconstitutional to remove the process of Habeas Corpus, which has been a freedom that first became British law in 1612.

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 12, 2008, 01:15:09 PM

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75-year-old Texas rancher whose hand was caught in a gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and his bid to be our President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'post turtle.'

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher saw a puzzled look on the doctor's face, so he continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he is up there, and you just wonder what kind of a dumbass put him up there in the first place

That was freaking great man.

Imo. it's the American people are doing all this crap to themselves. The more lazy jackholes there are, the more the country suffers. Bush, while he may not be right in some of his endevors, has dealt with everyones crap in this era of "me,me,me" pretty well. A responsible person would stop throwing blame, and think that THEY could actually be the problem. The whole whitehouse is corrupted, yet everyone wants to jump on the "hate bush" bandwagon. Go figure.

At this point, blaming bush for anything is moot. He is a YES-man for larger corps., just like every-other president was. Who do you think pays they're way into the whitehouse? Unless you had a father who gained money while pro-habition was running rampant, you wouldn't have to deal with the people who got you the office. I guess thats why JFK got a bullet in the head.... No one group COULD "control" him, so he had to go.

Gas is as much as it is because there are no refineries being made to help the industry & us. Bush wanted that in the beginning, but the envro-jerks didn't think that was ok. I remember when they were going to drill off of Anna Maria Island, but the eviro-people said "it would ruin the landscape", when the drills were going to be 50 miles out. I don't know about you, but I can't SEE 50 miles out anyway. Imo, it's our own countries indicisiveness with all they're "political" and "emotional" probems.

Someone once said: "You can't make everyone like you... If you could, It would be all too easy." In other-words, MAKE your choice, and stick with it. No matter if people complain or whatnot, just do what you have to do. As we all know, the current presidents actions aren't really felt until AFTER the term is over. If anything, this war was started by Clinton when he gave the Afgans weapons in his attempt to practice "detente". SOMEONE was going to get ticked....weither it was them, or an opposing faction. Point is, we put ourselves into something that has been going on for a 1000 years when he did that. It doesn't help that we fought Iraq in Bushes father's era either. So there is naturally going to be some negative sediments coming from that side of the world.

War is ugly, that much is true. But I believe the American people are some of the best people on earth. When I see a family that came out of Iraq praise our solders and country in tears, I can't help but to think we've done something right. I've met with many people (from Iraq) that actually compared it to a "Worse version of Cuba".

Sometimes, doing the RIGHT thing, is expensive....

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 13, 2008, 08:54:22 PM

if Bush resigned today....Id dance in the streets...id sing a shanty even.......Id pop open.... Oh wait...if he resigns....Cheney takes his place... "THE DARK LORD'S ASCENSION WOULD BE COMPLETE"!!!!!!!

Darth Cheney could possibly be worse......whose next....speaker of the house? Oh good lord...Pelosi.....sigh...whose next?  President pro tempore of the Senate Senator Bird...oh crap hes 85.

Secretary of state....Condi Rice...hmm ok..i guess i could live with that for a few months.

12thbuc

Starter

#48 : August 13, 2008, 10:16:13 PM

Oh wait...if he resigns....Cheney takes his place...
i guess you didn't read it huh

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#49 : August 14, 2008, 09:50:41 AM

Believe it or not the media has the most powerful hand in creating like or dislike of a president. With these 24 hour news companies (All slant in one direction or another) it has created a problem where no matter what the decision is made by the president someone (olberman) will disagree with it. MOST people (not I) take what they hear on CNN by Wolf, MSNBC Olberman(the self professed Journalist) and O'Reilly as fact. If we didnt have so much internal public questioning by world wide news agencies (wich other countries dont) we wouldnt have such a dwindling world opinion of our presidents.

Let say Obama continues to get popular and is elected president. It will take less than 4 years for Fox news / CNN to break him down globally to where he has no leverage to be a world leader.

kmitchell

Starter

#50 : August 14, 2008, 01:30:42 PM

I think it is well known for most Americans that fox news and msnbc are just here for entertainment only. O'Reilly Factor is just as slanted as The Countdown.

biffbeaumont

Starter

#51 : August 14, 2008, 01:32:46 PM

If Bush resigned today.....we could hurry up and get Obama's first and only term over with....

Snook

Hall of Famer

#52 : August 14, 2008, 01:47:00 PM

I think it is well known for most Americans that fox news and msnbc are just here for entertainment only. O'Reilly Factor is just as slanted as The Countdown.

Exactly.  BOTH are slanted views on the news.  If only people kept that in mind while watching it. 

kmitchell

Starter

#53 : August 14, 2008, 02:08:04 PM

Also, If Bush resigned today, Cheney would have no problem starting WW3 up before elections, if he would allow elections.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If Bush resigned today.... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools