Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pre-Season Coaches Poll « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 05, 2008, 07:20:23 AM

Does anyone else think Georgia will completely CHOKE this year?

They've had so many off the field issues you'd think they were the Hurricanes.

They play without a doubt the hardest schedule (as of right now on paper).

And EVERYONE is gonna be gunnin for em since they're sittin on top and favored to be the best team this year.

I just see them choking bad this year.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#61 : August 05, 2008, 07:50:34 AM

agree krazy, although im not sure it would definitely be a choke.  i think they will have a great team, but they so seem to be getting a bit too much love.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#62 : August 05, 2008, 07:59:48 AM

I had no idea until yesterday how many issues they were having.

8 players arrested this offseason?

5 suspended the first game?

Little lack of control goin on up there or what?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#63 : August 05, 2008, 08:02:36 AM

players start reading the press clippings.  same thing happened to UF after they starting winning games again.

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#64 : August 05, 2008, 08:06:44 AM

I remember a lot of ppl on here crucifying Urban Meyer when that kid got arrested for taking his girls car off the impound lot.

Funny how that one incident gets blown up when its a team ppl dont like, yet nobody's mentioned Georgia's issues at all.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#65 : August 05, 2008, 09:55:16 AM

If college had a playoff, I'd bet my house that Georgia would've been in the NC game long before OSU.

Why didn't the SEC place them in the Conference Championship game?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#66 : August 05, 2008, 09:57:06 AM

I remember a lot of ppl on here crucifying Urban Meyer when that kid got arrested for taking his girls car off the impound lot.

Funny how that one incident gets blown up when its a team ppl dont like, yet nobody's mentioned Georgia's issues at all.

This board/area is far more FSU/UF.  FSU fans crucified Urban.  They don't care about Georgia other than hoping they beat UF maybe.  Besides most still love their boy Richt. 

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#67 : August 05, 2008, 10:09:29 AM

If college had a playoff, I'd bet my house that Georgia would've been in the NC game long before OSU.

because although they were arguably the best SEC team at the END of the season, they werent at the BEGINNING of the season?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#68 : August 05, 2008, 10:26:23 AM

because although they were arguably the best SEC team at the END of the season, they werent at the BEGINNING of the season?

Are you asking or telling?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#69 : August 05, 2008, 11:26:10 AM

did you want the dictionary answer?  because uga didnt have the best record in the SEC east.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#70 : August 05, 2008, 12:13:08 PM

Does anyone else think Georgia will completely CHOKE this year?

They've had so many off the field issues you'd think they were the Hurricanes.

They play without a doubt the hardest schedule (as of right now on paper).

And EVERYONE is gonna be gunnin for em since they're sittin on top and favored to be the best team this year.

I just see them choking bad this year.

As of 2 days ago I thought they would lose to ASU. But since ASU lost there OT protecting Carpenter back side, and to go with a shaky OL dont think its happening. I dont think they will finish #1 though. Probably lose @ LSU and one more.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#71 : August 05, 2008, 02:57:25 PM

did you want the dictionary answer? because uga didnt have the best record in the SEC east.

I just wanted to know if that was your answer or if you were asking me if that was what I was looking for.

But the fact that they were not even considered the best team in the division in their conference kind of shoots holes in that theory that they "deserved" to be in the BCS title game.  They may have been one of the best two teams at the end of the year, but those losses at the beginning and/or middle count too. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#72 : August 05, 2008, 05:05:02 PM

But the fact that they were not even considered the best team in the division in their conference kind of shoots holes in that theory that they "deserved" to be in the BCS title game.

There really wasn't any consideration put into it like the polls and the BCS...Tennessee had the tie-breakers.

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#73 : August 05, 2008, 05:15:27 PM

But the fact that they were not even considered the best team in the division in their conference kind of shoots holes in that theory that they "deserved" to be in the BCS title game.

There really wasn't any consideration put into it like the polls and the BCS...Tennessee had the tie-breakers.

And OSU had the BCS system of ranking teams.  All I'm saying is that how can anyone tell me that a team that was at least the 3rd best in their conference be more deserving of a Championship Game bid than a team that won their BCS conference?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#74 : August 05, 2008, 05:23:53 PM

Their BCS conference sucks, is one possible answer.  ;)

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Pre-Season Coaches Poll « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools