Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: commercials « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#30 : February 05, 2007, 08:00:48 PM

Gotta figure the bar has been raised so many times with SB commercials, it's only natural that the actual spots would fall short of the tremendous expectations...

That being said, I couldn't hear any TVs where I was at, so I missed 'em all.

#31 : February 05, 2007, 09:32:23 PM

i did like the one where the rabbit was using the mouse to try and get online.

That was definitely my favorite...made me lol! :)

The Snickers commercial was funny. DO SOMETHING MANLY!

Booker

Hall of Famer

#32 : February 05, 2007, 09:35:10 PM

Here they all are:

http://www.break.com/superbowl2007/superbowl2007.html

BUCFAN4LIFE

Pro Bowler

#33 : February 06, 2007, 01:30:52 AM

Bud Lights-- Rock, Paper, Scissors was hilarious-- the best one by far IMHO

Next was the mouse and the Doritos was pretty funny too. But they were not as good as past ones. And no Pepsi this year-- they usually put a few good ones together

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : February 06, 2007, 02:31:35 AM

Nah, the Robert Goulet was the best.  The mouse was cool, K-Fed was ok, Snickers was funny but gross, rest were total lameness.  Even the good ones weren't that good.  It's not just a matter of the bar having been raised, good comedians don't stop being funny, they just find new funny **CENSORED**.  This was a lame year for SB commercials.

#35 : February 06, 2007, 08:08:31 AM

just wanted to say, that this superbowl had the absolute worst lamest commercials i have ever seen. total garbage and disappointment.

Agreed....I loved the commercials from the early-mid 1990's

The Bud Bowls were great. I always looked forward to seeing the Bud vs Bud light bottles in Gridiron Battle....almost just as good as the game itself.

The superbowl commercials were key to show what was new in the world...a la Apple Computers/New Movies/New Foods New Brands of Coke or Pepsi.....It seems like now days they have a Mixture of old commercials with some conservative new ones.

The only one that stuck with me was the Crabs stealing the Cooler...that was pretty funny....

I was waiting patiently for a new Caveman Geico commercial....I would have bet money on them puling through...I was disappointed to see just an old one....

gone

Hall of Famer
#36 : February 06, 2007, 04:34:03 PM

I think the worst one, on the other hand, may have been that one for hair coloring with Sheryl Crow.  Good God, how did THAT fit the demographics for people watching the Superbowl?

Revlon hired the same Wizards that gave us Pricnce at Halftime, cuz he matched the audience so well.  Apparently they targeted the Demographics Thusly, by percent of SB viewing audience:
      Weirdly Liberal Granola-ish hippie chicks 12% ( http://www.mediaresearch.org/cyberalerts/2003/cyb20030115.asp#7 )
      Gay Male Hairstylists -- 13%
      Guys with other Guys Initials tattooed on their legs -- just 2

Snickers Hired them too to target:

Rednecks who secretly watch "Brokeback Mountain" - 7%

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: commercials « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools