Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

BucsAddict

Starter

: October 10, 2006, 11:30:50 AM

seemingly on his way to bust status? 1 good year 2 horrible years? Obviously theres 12 games left but..

==================================================
Gruden: Simms is gonna be a helluva quaterback- unless I screw it up.

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#1 : October 10, 2006, 11:36:00 AM

He certainly isn't making an impact.  Hilliard is the better "sure" thing on 3rd down.  Despite the needs on D, there is definitely a need for a solid second receiver.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#2 : October 10, 2006, 11:37:21 AM

He certainly isn't making an impact. Hilliard is the better "sure" thing on 3rd down. Despite the needs on D, there is definitely a need for a solid second receiver.

Which we hopefully filled in the 3rd round this year

BucsAddict

Starter

#3 : October 10, 2006, 11:38:58 AM

Ya even the nfl crew made note on the TD pass to Stovall that its unusual to use a rookie in that spot. You'd have expected Clayton to be the target.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 10, 2006, 11:39:13 AM

I'm still hoping he re-emerges before the end of the year. If not, bring on Stovall, he's got more size and he's a ball catching machine unlike Claytons case of dropsies (Which hasn't been as bad as last year, but still...).

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

watson

Hall of Famer
#5 : October 10, 2006, 11:40:24 AM

Too early to tell.  When he was slumping last year JG re-tooled and made Galloway the "go to" WR.  This year that has continued.  JG has continued to talked up Clayton and say he is having a good year.  With Grads no the starter, I think Claytons routes will be more of an impact.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

BucsNBullsBaby

Second String

#6 : October 10, 2006, 11:41:20 AM

Maybe - and its a big maybe - lets see some more playing time there!

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : October 10, 2006, 11:48:56 AM

He certainly isn't making an impact.  Hilliard is the better "sure" thing on 3rd down.  Despite the needs on D, there is definitely a need for a solid second receiver.
And a first reciver...or do people think the gray streaks in Joey's hair is Halloween make-up?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 10, 2006, 11:49:34 AM

Clayton pulled a Shaun King on us.   It seems he got lazy after his rookie year.    From what I hear, he spends alot of time partying.   I don't think the same was ever said about Jerry Rice.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#9 : October 10, 2006, 11:52:34 AM

Clayton pulled a Shaun King on us.   It seems he got lazy after his rookie year.    From what I hear, he spends alot of time partying.   I don't think the same was ever said about Jerry Rice.
I have said this so many times....something in that PewterReport article on Clayton last year before the 2005 season rubbed me the wrong way. I came out and stated I though Clayton had Fat Cat Syndrome. I can't put my finger on it, but I just did not like that interview.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 10, 2006, 11:54:11 AM

I think that over the next 12 games you may see Clayton's numbers improve. Clayton is very often NOT the first option. To be honest with you, I don't think the starting QB he was playing for (Simms) did him any favors. If you look at Clayton's numbers from last year:

32 receptions, 372 yards, you have to balance that with this: during the first six games of the season with Griese at QB, Clayton had 19 catches for 223 yards. Under Simms, he had just 13 catches for 149 yards. The Griese numbers projected out to 51 catches for 600 yards. Not spectacular, but considering he was nursing an injury and the fact that Galloway had a career year, those would have been much more respectable numbers.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 10, 2006, 12:42:53 PM

And a first reciver...or do people think the gray streaks in Joey's hair is Halloween make-up?

ROFLMAO   ;D ;D ;D ;D

BucsAddict

Starter

#12 : October 10, 2006, 12:51:39 PM

Well he was 1 for 7 yrd with Grads first game so...

psymun

Starter
#13 : October 10, 2006, 01:39:57 PM

Clayton was a partier last year, this year, his only problem is that he's now the number 2... Galloway has 14 catches, Hilliard has 11, and Clayton has 10.

The 3rd down plays are designed for Hilliard. Most of the other passing plays are designed for Galloway.

Both of the QBs we've had in have thrown to either their #1 target or their outlet receiver. (Or the other team). Or they have gotten sacked.

No, Clayton is NOT producing the way we'd expect, but it's not just him. If, by the end of week 9 (our 8th game) Clayton isn't within 10 catches of Galloway, AND 2nd on the team in receptions, then I will believe he is a bust.

psymun

Starter
#14 : October 10, 2006, 01:51:07 PM

Oh, and here's a few stats for you all...

Player   Thrown   Caught   %   Drops   % 1st Down
JG   34   14   41.2   1   35.3
MC   22   10   45.5   0   31.8
IH   13   11   84.6   0   53.8

Take it how you want... Just thought I'd share...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Michael Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools