Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

: August 03, 2008, 10:08:55 PM

Looking pretty good tonoght for the Skins....may have been a mistake for a bunch of teams for not taking a chance on this kid late late in the draft. I know we got Josh Johnson and all and he is looking like the real deal...but Colt is really impressing me so far

He looks polished and very accurate with his throws

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 03, 2008, 10:12:17 PM

Brennan looks A LOT better than I expected him to. He's made some impressive passes. Be interesting to see how he does the rest of preseason.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 03, 2008, 10:16:47 PM

Playing against backups in a meaningless pre preseason game.

Hmmm, I'll pass on the excitement.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 03, 2008, 10:17:20 PM

I was just about to say its one game then seen him just pass it in the middle. Hope he is not a Gradkowski...OBD

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 03, 2008, 10:19:30 PM

Regardless if it's meaningless, the kid looks good throwing the ball. Seems he's making the right reads and finding windows to throw into.

#5 : August 03, 2008, 10:24:00 PM

Pairing him up head to head with Lorenzen...both are playing against scrubs but Brennan is just dominating him right now

He seems to be doing a lot of checkdowns (which you like to see) but he and seems to be able to read the defenses pretty well, however, he likes to take chances though as Madden elluded to a bit ago

He tries to fit passes in small windows...then again Farve has made a living doing that...not comparing him to Farve or anything BTW but if he can get some PT he could be a something to watch

Not worried about the Grads comparison...Colt has a great arm...Grads couldnt throw a 40 yard strike on his best day

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 03, 2008, 10:33:32 PM

Josh Johnson looks like the real deal?  That's cool I haven't heard much about him so far...

As for Colt Brennan, if there is a QB that will be the next diamond in the rough, I'd say he has a good shot.  Although I agree with others, let's not judge the guy off of limited playing time.

I liked Colt Brennan tho and def. think he can be a good player.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 03, 2008, 11:08:03 PM

I don't even need to see anything from Josh Johnson to know that Colt Brennan is waaaaay better and it was stupid for the Bucs not taking him late, he's gonna be a good one in a few years.

to the bucs defense.....31 other teams passed on him through 5 rounds

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 03, 2008, 11:09:28 PM

His arm strength is horrid.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 03, 2008, 11:15:36 PM

I dunno. That was reminiscent of Gradkowski pre-season performances.

12thbuc

Starter

#10 : August 03, 2008, 11:20:19 PM

I don't even need to see anything from Josh Johnson to know that Colt Brennan is waaaaay better and it was stupid for the Bucs not taking him late, he's gonna be a good one in a few years.
show proof

Xbox live: throesch
MSNM: naplesbuc@live.com

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 03, 2008, 11:20:56 PM

when i saw him play the first time on national TV... he was amazing.. his arm was great.

when i saw him vs GA... his line broke down, causing him to look bad.

i've always said "colt brennan is amazing"

didnt want the bucs to get him, but i thought he would be good on a few teams...  the colts... redskins... seattle... 49ers... and the giants.

i hope he becomes a stud QB... hes a good guy.

all he needs is a chance.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 03, 2008, 11:32:31 PM

Do you have next week's lottery picks as well?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 03, 2008, 11:49:01 PM

As said before, Grads looked like a PB QB in the preseason against scrubs. Nothing to see here as usual

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 04, 2008, 12:39:44 AM

Since he's not a Buc, I hope he does turn into another Grads.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools