Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

HughC

Pro Bowler

#15 : August 04, 2008, 12:41:05 AM

Very difficult to tell when the guy is playing against third stringers.  Brennan had one pass to his mid-left that was completed but may well have been an interception against starters.  And on the short touchdown pass to the right side of the field, Brennan should have got that receiver the ball a whole lot sooner - he was open, standing on the goal line for what seemed to be about five or six seconds.

I think the bigger story is that while the Colts defense looked good against the run, they let almost every pass go for a completion.  Yeah, I know, injuries, guys not playing, reserves - but the same thing can be said about the Redskins offense.  If the game was not a negative about the Colts pass defense, then it was at the least an indictment against the depth of their defensive ability in pass coverage.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#16 : August 04, 2008, 01:42:52 AM

Man, I have no idea where the "Gradkowski looked like a ProBowler" talk comes from. Grads didn't look like a ProBowler to me. I never seen a ProBowler throw a duck, no matter what string he was playing against. 1st string, 2nd string, 3rd string....pre season or regular season. When your passes look like they were thrown by a JR. High School Cheerleader, I don't know how anyone could get excited.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 04, 2008, 01:46:31 AM

Jebus Christ guys...it is the HOF game.  Are you being serious?

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#18 : August 04, 2008, 12:58:53 PM

Playing against backups in a meaningless pre preseason game.

Hmmm, I'll pass on the excitement.

Sounds like Gradkowski.

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 04, 2008, 09:27:18 AM

I like Colt and want him to be successful, but just for reference here's the skins numbers for that game. Don't think they were playing very good pass D all night.

Passing
Name    CP/AT    YDS    TD    INT
C. Brennan    9/10    123    2    0
J. Campbell    5/5    61    1    0
T. Collins    5/6    32    0    0
D. Devine    0/1    0    0    0

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 04, 2008, 09:36:03 AM

Honestly, I'd much rather have Colt Brennan than Josh Johnson.   There's no comparison between those 2 as far as I'm concerned.   I thought that before the draft as well.   But, let's roll with what we have.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 04, 2008, 09:59:09 AM

Why, because I can see a quarterback with my own two eyes that looks like he's going to be a good one, what's so hard about that?

Ah.  I see.  You're just *that* much better than the professional scouts that you can evaluate late-round draft picks with that much certainty.

(To be clear, it's not the opinion I'm objecting to.  It's the certainty that Brennan will be "waaaaay" better than Johnson.)

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 04, 2008, 10:35:32 AM

Agree with Java.  I was a Brennan fan during his junior year and from then on.  He's further along than Josh Johnson for sure.  I don't have a clue if he'd end up better or not due to my crystal ball being at the cleaners....however, after all is said and done, I like him and wish we had him.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 04, 2008, 10:41:08 AM

Many times people give opinions with "absolutes".  Found them rarely to be correct.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

MBF

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 04, 2008, 10:41:42 AM

Brennan padded his stats against future employees of McDonald's and you guys are already crowning him?

Shouldn't have expected anything less from this board.

Raideneers

Starter

#25 : August 04, 2008, 11:19:13 AM

Too funny.... let the band waggon pull away from the station after Colt piles a few stats on 3rd & 4th stringers.

Let's wait and see him in a regular season game that actually counts for something against an all-pro DE, LB or Safety coming around the end or up the gut.

The most recent game he played against higher-level talent was Georgia and he looked bad, just plain bad.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#26 : August 04, 2008, 11:30:12 AM

The first preseason game of the year and already Josh Johnson is getting dissed....and he didn't even play.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#27 : August 04, 2008, 11:38:47 AM

The most recent game he played against higher-level talent was Georgia and he looked bad, just plain bad.

Ironically, it's still the highest level talent he's played against, lol.

So everyone should put that into perspective, the guys he played against last night probably couldn't make UGA's 2008 roster.

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 04, 2008, 11:44:58 AM

Colt Brennan?  In a preseason game? 

REALLY!?!

The real Colt Brennan was the one you watched against UGA. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 04, 2008, 11:48:11 AM

Agree with Java. I was a Brennan fan during his junior year and from then on. He's further along than Josh Johnson for sure. I don't have a clue if he'd end up better or not due to my crystal ball being at the cleaners....however, after all is said and done, I like him and wish we had him.

Your original posts on him in the past were what made me look into him as a possible Buc.   He looks like a winner.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools