Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

Raideneers

Starter

#30 : August 04, 2008, 11:51:11 AM

The most recent game he played against higher-level talent was Georgia and he looked bad, just plain bad.

Ironically, it's still the highest level talent he's played against, lol.

So everyone should put that into perspective, the guys he played against last night probably couldn't make UGA's 2008 roster.

My point exactly.... the Georgia team was far better than the Colts scrubs.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 04, 2008, 12:09:22 PM

Agree with Java. I was a Brennan fan during his junior year and from then on. He's further along than Josh Johnson for sure. I don't have a clue if he'd end up better or not due to my crystal ball being at the cleaners....however, after all is said and done, I like him and wish we had him.
WHy is he further along than Josh Johnson?

Both of them had either a former player or former coach from the NFL ranks assisting him in college...

And we have not even seen JOhnson play a game, so I was curious as to why you came to this assumption?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 04, 2008, 12:12:42 PM

The most recent game he played against higher-level talent was Georgia and he looked bad, just plain bad.

Ironically, it's still the highest level talent he's played against, lol.

So everyone should put that into perspective, the guys he played against last night probably couldn't make UGA's 2008 roster.

Colt Brennan? In a preseason game?

REALLY!?!

The real Colt Brennan was the one you watched against UGA.
I'm no Colt Brennan fan, but he had no help in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. Not a single player on his team would have been starting for the Dawgs that night. It wasn't a fair fight.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 04, 2008, 12:12:51 PM

Is Johnson going to get to play at all this pre-season?   I heard the QB rotation for the opener was McCown, Griese and Simms - no Johnson.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 04, 2008, 12:14:26 PM

I am sure JOhnson will get some snaps...

#35 : August 04, 2008, 12:15:07 PM

LOL. He played against people that probably wont even be on a NFL roster come time for the real season.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 04, 2008, 12:15:57 PM

I'd like to see Johnson get some snaps with the starting offense.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 04, 2008, 12:19:30 PM

Brennan's better than Henry Burris, I'll give him that.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 04, 2008, 12:22:14 PM

I'm no Colt Brennan fan, but he had no help in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. Not a single player on his team would have been starting for the Dawgs that night.

Exactly.  And UGA was BY FAR the best team he played in college.  And not a single player from any of the other teams he played during his career in college would've been on the Dawgs ROSTER.  He got lit up by a REAL defense.

Regretting the Bucs drafted a QB who lit it up in the 3rd and 4th quarter the FIRST preseason game is crazy.

Now, if he beats out Collins for the #2 job, I'd be impressed.  But that's not happening.  

What are we gonna do if JJ lights it up in the 4th against the Dolphins?  Anoint him the starter of the Bucs?

Raideneers

Starter

#39 : August 04, 2008, 12:23:03 PM

I'm no Colt Brennan fan, but he had no help in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia. Not a single player on his team would have been starting for the Dawgs that night. It wasn't a fair fight.

These are the same team-mates that he padded his entire NCAA career stats with though correct?

My point being many other average QB's in college might have posted even better numbers in the WAC than Brennan did.

IMHO he just isn't that good period.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 04, 2008, 12:31:23 PM

Did anybody mention Timmy Chang? No?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 04, 2008, 12:33:35 PM

What are we gonna do if JJ lights it up in the 4th against the Dolphins?  Anoint him the starter of the Bucs?

darn right we will -  QB controversy '08!!

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 04, 2008, 12:50:18 PM

Exactly.  And UGA was BY FAR the best team he played in college.  And not a single player from any of the other teams he played during his career in college would've been on the Dawgs ROSTER.  He got lit up by a REAL defense.
You can evaluate position players on mismatched teams because they still come down to one-on-one matchups. Troy University lost to Arkansas, Florida, and Georgia by a combined 58 points last year, but scouts can still break the plays down to the extent to realize Leodis McKelvin could be a good NFL player. Quarterbacks aren't like that. They need receivers to get open and offensive linemen to block pass rushers. Brennan didn't get any of that. Ben Roethlisberger's Miami Red Hawks team lost to Iowa 21-3 in 2003 and he threw 4 INT's in the process. Does that mean he sucks or was it just a symptom of his whole team being overmatched? At the end of the day QB's are evaluated on their physical skills much more than their game films, and that's where Brennan lost out. He got drafted where he did because he's skinny and has a weak arm, not because Georgia's pass rushers had no one to stop them from killing him.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 04, 2008, 12:57:13 PM

I don't think we'll see JJ against Miami. I think the second half will be used as a Simms promo, no reasonable offer refused.

#44 : August 04, 2008, 01:04:43 PM

I am not ready to crown him yet as the next best thing. He still has a lot of work

However I dont think he is as bad as a lot of people said he was a few months ago

In a league where a Brad Johnson, Tom Brady, Trent Dilfer, and Kurt Warner can be superbowl champion QB's while a Tim Couch, Ryan Leaf, Danny Wuerffel, and David Carr dont really ever make it out the gate I have learned to really never short change anybody on ability till they are in critical game situations.

All I have to say is that from what I seen from him so far he makes good decisions, seems to have a "leader" mentality, and good poise
Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools