Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

redtab78

Pro Bowler
#60 : August 04, 2008, 09:12:58 PM

I'd like to see Johnson get some snaps with the starting offense.

I said all last year, if Colt came out and didnt stay, we should have taken him...I said this year before the draft, we needed Colt for our 3rd....

I have yet to see J. Johnson, but I have been to a few Hawaii Games and met with Colt..he is a tad obnoxious, but he can be humbled quickly...his throws are very fast and accurate...

I know that college and NFL are apples to oranges, but the boy can play, (you can quote me on this) Colt Brennon will be a starter within 5 yrs somewhere....

The only thing I see him needing is a little bit more meat on his bones...

Anyone who thinks Tim Tebow will be a great NFL QB is an idiot.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#61 : August 04, 2008, 10:46:44 PM

Not sure I proclaim him to be anything more then what he is at this point in time a player fighting for a job, that has some flaws in his mechanics  most noticeably his side arm to three quarters deliver, along with throwing off the wrong foot orhis poor footwork and slide to his right way to often he moves the pocket too much which can be corrected.

But as stated he did some things like read through his progression, had good placement of the football and had decent command of the huddle. which for a player that played in the offense he did at Hawaii did ok, but has tons of work to be done to be the next Tony Romo or even and average to above average starter in this league.

#62 : August 04, 2008, 11:08:18 PM

He's gonna get eaten up with that sidearm crap come sundays, so I doubt he'll be playing anytime soon.  Still, he's accurate and seems to have a good feel for Ds and what's going on around him, so he's got a better shot than Simms...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#63 : August 04, 2008, 11:15:56 PM

He's gonna get eaten up with that sidearm crap come sundays

Phillip Rivers throws like that as well.

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#64 : August 04, 2008, 11:31:11 PM

Agree.  Let's be sure Gruden gets our memo...lol.   I have to wonder how much fun it's going to be watching Simms play for a half.  NOT.  Somehow the idea of showcasing him doesn't appeal to me at all.  I like him, don't misunderstand, but to try to get a few bucks or a pick for him seems far fetched at best.  All anyone has to do is wait for us to terminate him and then pick him up.  This really doesn't make sense for us to waste a half on someone who isn't gonna be here.

Anyone else get that?

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#65 : August 05, 2008, 07:16:20 AM

He's gonna get eaten up with that sidearm crap come sundays, so I doubt he'll be playing anytime soon. Still, he's accurate and seems to have a good feel for Ds and what's going on around him, so he's got a better shot than Simms...

Phillip Rivers doesnt seem to have issues.

I remember Gannon quite frequently threw it the same way. Worked out alright for him.

Brennans issues are his footwork. The whole 'sidearm' thing is a joke.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#66 : August 05, 2008, 07:25:58 AM

Wow...you guys are desperate for something to talk about.....Colt "the alledged" Rapist is a great QB, should have gone #1 in the draft after that great pre-season performance angainst a bunch of other scrubs...................this is the real COlt.................

#67 : August 05, 2008, 08:53:50 AM

He has done enough for the Skins that they are thinking seriously about moving him up to #2 and letting him play against a better level of competition..doesnt sound like he is getting cut anytime soon to me

I was NEVER in favor of drafting this kid high...but in the mid 4-5 range yes...This may be the second QB in two years that falls from the top down because of one game but ends up being a diamond in the rough

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#68 : August 05, 2008, 09:17:19 AM

Colt will be a good backup to Campbell this year. IF he gets his shot to start, I think he would do well. He wouldn't produce the same numbers as we've seen, but he would do just as well as Campbell. I think Colt is more talented, but Campbell doesn't have the learners curve, and played well in many games. It should be next year, or more before we see Colt as a starter, anything quicker could hurt him and the team. At this point, it doesn't mean anything though. Our own pick should do just as well against Miami's 2nd string defense... big deal.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#69 : August 05, 2008, 10:19:09 AM

Colt will be a good backup to Campbell this year. IF he gets his shot to start, I think he would do well. He wouldn't produce the same numbers as we've seen, but he would do just as well as Campbell. I think Colt is more talented, but Campbell doesn't have the learners curve, and played well in many games. It should be next year, or more before we see Colt as a starter, anything quicker could hurt him and the team. At this point, it doesn't mean anything though. Our own pick should do just as well against Miami's 2nd string defense... big deal.

Todd Collins might have something to say about that...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#70 : August 05, 2008, 11:22:57 AM

Todd Collins might have something to say about that...

Exactly.  He's not gonna beat out Collins.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Colt Brennan « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools