Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama suporters CLICK HERE « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#45 : August 05, 2008, 04:57:08 PM

To me? I could care less. But im done with you. You clearly have admitted defeat and its obvious. So good luck voting for Obama this election. Lets see how big of a fool you look after hes elected. Teaching you the truth about Obama is like telling a kid to eat his vegetables. They just wont listen. Good day to you.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 05, 2008, 06:36:43 PM

You sound like you'd fit right in at the TBBBB, but they'd even throw your scummy azz under the bus.

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 05, 2008, 08:45:14 PM

typical republican strategy.....dont talk about your benefits...talk about how crappy the other guy is.

Typical....Pride in ignorance

#48 : August 05, 2008, 09:19:06 PM

I'm 65 years old and I've had enough with the old white guys (yes, I am white). We are now down to a choice between a young black man and another old white guy. The young black man can't possibly do any worse than the last old white guy (Bush). I'm ready for a change and I hope I live long enough to see a woman get elected. She can be black, white, yellow, or red. I don't care. We need someone who values the American people above their political affiliation and influential friends. McCain has the system ingrained in him. He doesn't know any other way. I admire his military service and appreciate his past contributions. I don't like his ridiculous attacks on his opponent and I expect a continuation of the current administration's blunders. Enough already.

A black man in the oval office will make the world sit up and take notice that Americans are fed up with the status quo. We know Bush is an idiot and a warmonger in the eyes of the world, and we really want to change that image. This is a true test to see if we really have gotten past racism in this country IMO. I remember when America was admired and respected in the world community. I would like to see that restored. Electing a black man President is a step in the right direction. Electing another old white guy is not.

Vote for at least the perception of change, even if it isn't. McCain is no change at all because all old white guys look alike, and they're scary. That includes me.

So, policy doesn't matter gauging by how many times you say "old white guys," but hey that is no more different then a "typical white person," no?  What's funny is your material seems to not deviate from a previous post regarding your support for Obama, but hey atleast your consistent, huh?  Sure seems the popular response from Obama supporters that the US needs some image makeover, because we certainly don't want an "old white guy" nor does it seem that we want a women in office either.  Hey atleast with Hillary you had a better idea on where she stood.  Or even Edwards, or Liberman, but I guess I see what the democrat party did to him, because God forbid you as a democrat ever actually agree with something that those republicans do....

What is funny is McCain has a record for crossing the ailse often, you could argueably state that the "R" behind is name is just for show.  It is hard to find anything to like about McCain, because he does his fair share flipping around, not to mention the bills he has worked on when he has "crossed the ailse."  McCain is fairly Liberal in his own right, but it seems that everyone of you are so affixed on Bush's folly and failed policy that you think to link it to McCain.  You could simply state that you don't like McCain because he supports the troops, and will not draw down until he has been advised by military generals that the situation in Iraq is stable.  Admit it the war is the issue for you and that is only reason you do not like McCain.  

Well, why is it that Obama, has went from various positions of not being sure that he could get everyone out by the end of his 1st term, to "2 years" tops, then to "immediately" withdraw, then to settling on "progress is being made?"  Was it that he had to see for himself?  Also what is it that he plans to do with all those troops?  Re-deploy them to Afghanistan, you know what else?  He has stated too that he would leave troops in Iraq, until it stablized.

"As I've said many times, we must be as careful getting out of Iraq as we were careless getting in. We can safely redeploy our combat brigades at a pace that would remove them in 16 months. That would be the summer of 2010 - two years from now, and more than seven years after the war began. After this redeployment, a residual force in Iraq would perform limited missions: going after any remnants of Al Qaeda in Mesopotamia, protecting American service members and, so long as the Iraqis make political progress, training Iraqi security forces. That would not be a precipitous withdrawal."

huh? I thought that was a big part of the pie, so you would continue the ugly of this "unpopular" war, wow that's noble.  That is just more to me to say that Obama is trapped, if the war (translation: Bush's folly) is declared victorious before Bush's term is done, then Obama eats his crow.  But if it isn't, then what is a young black man to do?  I guess he won't jerk them all out of there then huh?  That has been his mantra, from day one about the war, he doesn't support it, that in itself is fine, but he has no clean way out of it either, based on his own statements about it.

If a serial killer is simply slapped on the wrist and sent back out in the world, do you wish him the best of luck?  Islamic extremists have hated us longer then just this war, and it is documented.  But would you simply lay down and die for them, to appease their religion because you and I are the infidel.  Do you let the bully have his way with you causing you to live in fear?

As far as McCain goes, the issue of energy is a biggy for me and obviously for others.  He atleast stated to drill offshore as a means to start, he didn't simply dance around it and say "go inflate your tires,"  he also is asking about nuclear energy too, and following in suit with other alternatives, which is atleast a start.  Not bad for an "old white guy" if he recognizes what most people are considering to be a big issue as of late.
And if Republicans spent half as much time finding a good candidate as they do bashing Obama, they might have someone better than flip-flopping puppet, otherwise know as **CENSORED** bag McCain.

Seriously? Is that all that it would take?  Well can I call the Republican party and tell them to rescind the republican "nominee" because I want someone else in there?  Yeah, that works. The system as it is for nomination for both Democrat and Republican IMO is broken.  They will say that every vote counts for this too, but you have to have it opened up for everyone for that to even hold truth.  Plus this past primary was a farce considering all the people that were allowed to change their party affiliation to tamper with the nomination selection.  

Again, everyone here should be tired of voting simply for "lesser of two evils," which is a bunch of crap.  It is time for Washington's politicians to start owning up to the mistakes that they have caused and to quit being the problem.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#49 : August 05, 2008, 09:25:07 PM

America needs an image makeover. That is simply not possible with McCain. As I stated earlier, he's just another old white guy with the potential to be senile.
I would vote for Obama even if he was the republican candidate. We need something to grab the attention of people around the world. They need to know that Americans are fed up with Bush and his idiotic policies and honestly want a new direction. Electing a minority to lead our country would be proof that it's not politics as usual in the USA. People fear and hate America. We have to give them some hope for the future that America is a protector, not an invader. We need lines of communication and Obama is the perfect candidate for the job.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#50 : August 05, 2008, 09:32:23 PM

I love how obama can call his grandmother as a "typical white person" but if John McCain said "typical black person" all hell breaks loose and McCain loses the election in a landslide.

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#51 : August 05, 2008, 09:38:05 PM

America needs an image makeover.

For who?

America needs the best person for America, not a European popularity contest.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#52 : August 05, 2008, 09:38:42 PM

Obama is half white, half black. He can say whatever he wants and it's irrelevant.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#53 : August 05, 2008, 09:40:01 PM

Obama is half white, half black. He can say whatever he wants and it's irrelevant.

That doesnt matter. Its still racist and not irrelevant. If McCain cant say typical black person then Obama cant generalize typical white people. I dont care if hes half white it doesnt mean he should say it.

#54 : August 05, 2008, 09:45:08 PM

America needs an image makeover. That is simply not possible with McCain. As I stated earlier, he's just another old white guy with the potential to be senile.
I would vote for Obama even if he was the republican candidate. We need something to grab the attention of people around the world. They need to know that Americans are fed up with Bush and his idiotic policies and honestly want a new direction. Electing a minority to lead our country would be proof that it's not politics as usual in the USA. People fear and hate America. We have to give them some hope for the future that America is a protector, not an invader. We need lines of communication and Obama is the perfect candidate for the job.

Again with this image makeover, do you also not realize that there is two other branches of the government that have ability to overrule a president?  Are we really so vain to look only skin deep, and not really look at the issues here?  I've said it that McCain has a problem with flip flopping, but as of late he certainly seems to have been listening to what seems to be a major concern for this nation in the energy issues that we face.  Your arguement is all about image makeover, care to expound on that further as that really leads to a broud definition of makeover.  Just because Obama is a minority that makes him qualified?  I would really like to know what other then the obvious about Obama, would his image makeover be?  What are his policies, what does he have to back up his stances in the accomplishments that he has done?  What exactly has Jerimiah Wright taught him for 20 years?  Why is he "playing it safe" for his campaign when the country is looking for something, anything in the form of energy relief?  Who are all these people that he has been associated with as of late, and why are their some questions of character about them?  Policy be damned I guess huh?  What is Obama gonna do with communication, say "peace my brothers and sisters" and everything be fine?  Pay tributes to communist nations, in support for no attacks like 9/11?  Surrender our sovereignty to the U.N.?

I'm tired of this government's ineptitude to touch base with the people that put it in office, because the american people don't understand.  I'm tired of overregulating people for the sake of 1 lone voice being offended.  Those approval ratings are pretty abysmal for the House and the Senate if you ask me, and look who they have been catering to?

#55 : August 05, 2008, 09:50:14 PM

Obama can simply tell you and anyone he wants what is "untouchable," because of his race. Where is that right? When a former democrat president (Bill Clinton) has to defend himself as not being racist, one ought wonder what is in store for the rest of us? 

royceks

Rookie

#56 : August 05, 2008, 09:54:36 PM

rac·ism Audio Help /ˈreɪsɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Argue with that Archie.

Once again, you make no sense and are trying to attack me because I clearly have beaten you and you have gone off topic to try and expose me well good luck.
As someone who has just read thru this thread you are clearly delusionoal and do not look like a winner in this arguemant. who cares what an 18 yr old thinks about politics anyway?

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#57 : August 05, 2008, 11:06:13 PM

Again with this image makeover, do you also not realize that there is two other branches of the government that have ability to overrule a president?  Are we really so vain to look only skin deep, and not really look at the issues here?  I've said it that McCain has a problem with flip flopping, but as of late he certainly seems to have been listening to what seems to be a major concern for this nation in the energy issues that we face.  Your arguement is all about image makeover, care to expound on that further as that really leads to a broud definition of makeover.  Just because Obama is a minority that makes him qualified?  I would really like to know what other then the obvious about Obama, would his image makeover be?  What are his policies, what does he have to back up his stances in the accomplishments that he has done?  What exactly has Jerimiah Wright taught him for 20 years?  Why is he "playing it safe" for his campaign when the country is looking for something, anything in the form of energy relief?  Who are all these people that he has been associated with as of late, and why are their some questions of character about them?  Policy be damned I guess huh?  What is Obama gonna do with communication, say "peace my brothers and sisters" and everything be fine?  Pay tributes to communist nations, in support for no attacks like 9/11?  Surrender our sovereignty to the U.N.?

I'm tired of this government's ineptitude to touch base with the people that put it in office, because the american people don't understand.  I'm tired of overregulating people for the sake of 1 lone voice being offended.  Those approval ratings are pretty abysmal for the House and the Senate if you ask me, and look who they have been catering to?

We are a nation in distress. Our biggest enemy is an inept government that has facilitated the wholesale export of our industries and the jobs that go with them. On top of that they have allowed foreign nationals and corporations to buy America piece by piece. Our economy is in shambles. Ecology is a joke. Health care is a nightmare. Our military is decimated. Our educational system has been a red-headed step-child for most of this century. Banks are failing and home foreclosures are at an all-time high along with the poverty rate. Oh yeah, and gas is $2.65 more per gallon than it was 7 years ago.  Bush did his part to create this mess and McCain can't fix it. Neither can Obama. The very wealthy will take advantage of the situation and get richer. More of the middle class will drop below the poverty line and more poor people will go to jail because they can't afford to live in this country. The President will have very little effect on any of this. The best that we can hope for is to repair some of our relations with countries around the world with hope of some benefit in the future. Obama is young, articulate, intelligent, charming, and black. People of color around the world will find that much more attractive than just another old white guy.

I understand the issues presented by age and I'm a few years younger than McCain. Trust me. Younger is better. There is a minimum age to become President of 35. I favor a maximum age as well, and McCain is already beyond it. He is just too old IMO. I want someone who can reasonably be expected to survive two terms in office.

McCain has shown very poor judgment in approving the tv ads attacking. How gullible does he believe people are that they would accept his ridiculous accusations? Does he believe there is a chance that some of the people who re-elected Bush might consider voting for Obama? It makes him appear desperate and insecure to stoop so low. I want an upgrade from Bush. These are tactics I would expect from Bush. McCain should be better than that.

The President is what millions of people around the world see. They need to see something different. We need a new image. Obama is new. McCain is old and white. There's nothing new about that. That is all we have ever had. Who knows? Obama might even fix something.

#58 : August 05, 2008, 11:40:07 PM

We are a nation in distress. Our biggest enemy is an inept government that has facilitated the wholesale export of our industries and the jobs that go with them. On top of that they have allowed foreign nationals and corporations to buy America piece by piece. Our economy is in shambles. Ecology is a joke. Health care is a nightmare. Our military is decimated. Our educational system has been a red-headed step-child for most of this century. Banks are failing and home foreclosures are at an all-time high along with the poverty rate. Oh yeah, and gas is $2.65 more per gallon than it was 7 years ago. Bush did his part to create this mess and McCain can't fix it. Neither can Obama. The very wealthy will take advantage of the situation and get richer. More of the middle class will drop below the poverty line and more poor people will go to jail because they can't afford to live in this country. The President will have very little effect on any of this. The best that we can hope for is to repair some of our relations with countries around the world with hope of some benefit in the future. Obama is young, articulate, intelligent, charming, and black. People of color around the world will find that much more attractive than just another old white guy.

I understand the issues presented by age and I'm a few years younger than McCain. Trust me. Younger is better. There is a minimum age to become President of 35. I favor a maximum age as well, and McCain is already beyond it. He is just too old IMO. I want someone who can reasonably be expected to survive two terms in office.

McCain has shown very poor judgment in approving the tv ads attacking. How gullible does he believe people are that they would accept his ridiculous accusations? Does he believe there is a chance that some of the people who re-elected Bush might consider voting for Obama? It makes him appear desperate and insecure to stoop so low. I want an upgrade from Bush. These are tactics I would expect from Bush. McCain should be better than that.

The President is what millions of people around the world see. They need to see something different. We need a new image. Obama is new. McCain is old and white. There's nothing new about that. That is all we have ever had. Who knows? Obama might even fix something.

So you have button-hooked this nation into one thing that "all it has ever known is old white guys?"  What was Kennedy then? Theodore Roosevelt?  How about, Clinton, more recent?  You call that old?  Damn, I thought 50 was the new 30.  If your arguement is truly against elder presidents, then that moratorium should be set across the board, in all aspects of our gov't.  Your comments seem to speak of atleast discriminatory, to almost borderline another way, don't you think?  Or is it okay, to think this way, because lately, it seems if someone sneezes wrong, they get called on being hateful.

You state in one post that McCain will bring the same that Bush brought, and yet, in this post you go on to say that neither McCain nor Obama can fix this mess???  What then, does any of this matter?  If this really doesn't fix the mess, then we should be resovled to say that "neither candidate gets us there, and they are doomed to 4 yrs of nightmare, to serve as the whipping boy for the country," then? 

For the sake of years, you've obviously seen a lot, that there can be no doubt. I still can't wrap my head around the notion of what people who have lived for a half- century or more have seen in the change that this nation and world have become, both good and bad.  Was Obama your first choice in candidate?  Because I'll be honest, I know that McCain and Obama weren't mine, not by a longshot.  I ventured to see Romney, or a Duncan Hunter as potentially candidates that I would like to see.  But then again, by the time one could vote in the primaries here, it had all been decided.  Where is that fair to any american who has a right to vote, when all that are up in the primaries cannot be considered?  That my friend should be cause to get angry at both the democrat and republican party.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#59 : August 06, 2008, 06:13:22 AM

We are a nation in distress. Our biggest enemy is an inept government that has facilitated the wholesale export of our industries and the jobs that go with them. On top of that they have allowed foreign nationals and corporations to buy America piece by piece. Our economy is in shambles. Ecology is a joke. Health care is a nightmare. Our military is decimated. Our educational system has been a red-headed step-child for most of this century. Banks are failing and home foreclosures are at an all-time high along with the poverty rate. Oh yeah, and gas is $2.65 more per gallon than it was 7 years ago. Bush did his part to create this mess and McCain can't fix it. Neither can Obama. The very wealthy will take advantage of the situation and get richer. More of the middle class will drop below the poverty line and more poor people will go to jail because they can't afford to live in this country. The President will have very little effect on any of this. The best that we can hope for is to repair some of our relations with countries around the world with hope of some benefit in the future. Obama is young, articulate, intelligent, charming, and black. People of color around the world will find that much more attractive than just another old white guy.

So you have button-hooked this nation into one thing that "all it has ever known is old white guys?"  What was Kennedy then? Theodore Roosevelt?  How about, Clinton, more recent?  You call that old?  Damn, I thought 50 was the new 30.  If your arguement is truly against elder presidents, then that moratorium should be set across the board, in all aspects of our gov't.  Your comments seem to speak of atleast discriminatory, to almost borderline another way, don't you think?  Or is it okay, to think this way, because lately, it seems if someone sneezes wrong, they get called on being hateful.

You state in one post that McCain will bring the same that Bush brought, and yet, in this post you go on to say that neither McCain nor Obama can fix this mess???  What then, does any of this matter?  If this really doesn't fix the mess, then we should be resovled to say that "neither candidate gets us there, and they are doomed to 4 yrs of nightmare, to serve as the whipping boy for the country," then? 

For the sake of years, you've obviously seen a lot, that there can be no doubt. I still can't wrap my head around the notion of what people who have lived for a half- century or more have seen in the change that this nation and world have become, both good and bad.  Was Obama your first choice in candidate?  Because I'll be honest, I know that McCain and Obama weren't mine, not by a longshot.  I ventured to see Romney, or a Duncan Hunter as potentially candidates that I would like to see.  But then again, by the time one could vote in the primaries here, it had all been decided.  Where is that fair to any american who has a right to vote, when all that are up in the primaries cannot be considered?  That my friend should be cause to get angry at both the democrat and republican party.

The election process eliminates the best candidates from even competing. We are forced to vote for whoever the parties settle on. That is as much of a choice as we will ever get. The "good ol' boys" make the important decisions for us and that will never change. We are stuck with it.

From the perspective of people who are lucky if they live 35 years, every President this country has ever had is an old white guy. To them they all look alike and the post WWII policies are ancient history. They can't remember a time when America was loved and respected around the world. Most Americans can't either. For the very first time in our history, we have an electable candidate who is not an old white guy. This is a huge opportunity to demonstrate to the world that we really want something better than what we have had in recent years. We can't solve all of the world's problems but we can clean up our public relations and that has to help. Again, I will tell you, if the republican party had nominated Obama, I would cross party lines and vote for him. Even if it's not a real change, we need the perception that it is to repair the damage done by George Bush in world politics. We need allies.

We are too dependent on China for manufactured goods and the Arab countries for oil and it's only going to get worse. We will continue to be a world power only as long as they allow us to be. What we are going through with oil right now is economic terrorism. Somebody has to force a change to make solar and wind power affordable and available to everyone. We have the technology to become energy independent. We need to manufacture it here, not import it from Taiwan.

Down through the years I have found republican administrations meant career changes and relocating to find employment. My dad was career military and voted Eisenhower and Nixon. Nixon caused my first career change in a 150 man layoff at Honeywell in St. Pete. The Bush administration gave opportunity for an unwanted early retirement. The boom years coincided with the democrats in the oval office, so I have voted accordingly.

With American politicians if you lower your expectations, you won't be disappointed. I'm hoping for a little international good will and an affordable, efficient, electric car.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Obama suporters CLICK HERE « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools