Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: clifton smith rb / highlights « previous next »
Page: 1

nick23

Rookie

: August 02, 2008, 07:32:49 PM

keep him or darby ?

nick23

Rookie

#1 : August 02, 2008, 07:35:27 PM

yeah which one

nick23

Rookie

#2 : August 02, 2008, 07:36:13 PM

his nick names batman

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 02, 2008, 07:36:55 PM

Ive watched Clifton Smith and I think hes a stud. Id go with him, but most likely either one wont produce much for us anyways

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 02, 2008, 07:40:47 PM

at TC today.. clifton smith wasnt under his number.. he was under cory boyds... anyway.. he looked AWESOME!

quick cuts, good hands.. kinda undersized... but still... PS him this year.  backup KR imo. and next year after dunn retires... and caddy gets hurt again... we may see smith on the team.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

#5 : August 02, 2008, 08:48:39 PM

shifty with a nice burst. Hope we get a good look at him in some of the preseason games.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 02, 2008, 08:51:56 PM

He might be worthwhile on the roster as a returner.  He seems to have more talent there than anyone else we are fielding.

The Q

Pro Bowler

#7 : August 03, 2008, 10:28:57 AM

He might be worthwhile on the roster as a returner.  He seems to have more talent there than anyone else we are fielding.

I thought that #1 Dex Jackson was drafted in the second round to be the RETURNER. I would say he is better!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : August 03, 2008, 11:06:43 AM

I thought that #1 Dex Jackson was drafted in the second round to be the RETURNER. I would say he is better!

just because of his draft status.. doesnt mean he is better.

its political.

ShotCaller

Pro Bowler
#9 : August 03, 2008, 11:18:38 AM

what i saw in that video was a lot of shiftiness, elusiveness and some burst. what i also saw was some typical west coast style missed tackles, poor defense, etc. he looked good against the non-defense playing people of the pac and the wac.

that said .. i like this kid better than darby and boyd. i think he makes the PS .. and if he outshines dex in the return game, he may even be on the 53.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 04, 2008, 11:03:32 PM

He's gotten noticed by both Gruden & Dunn; see "Undrafted Rookie..." section.
http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/4438

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#11 : August 04, 2008, 11:30:07 PM

I think he has the ability to be a KR/PR on this team. Its kind of sad sometimes the best guys that are right for the team are found so late in the draft or are undrafted that they never get the chance to see the field. I would love for him to be the 2nd KR or our PR guy just to see what hes got. I like his ability to cut and juke his opponents while maintaining a fast burst and speed. He would definately be on my team if I was the coach. I hope he lights it up in preseason to make the season.

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

The Q

Pro Bowler

#12 : August 05, 2008, 11:23:07 AM

Are we going to see Clifton Smith running the ball against the Fins? The game is getting closer.

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 05, 2008, 02:40:26 PM

I really like Smith and I think he will be on the PS this year and if he keeps progressing he might make the team next year maybe just maybe. I am also interested in seeing what Elbert mack does, if he has been looking good in camp I could possibly see him making the team as a 5th string CB and ST player, he has the speed and the burst so it wouldn't surprise me.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

obuc

Starter

#14 : August 05, 2008, 03:00:32 PM

in the pros he gets brought down on most of those.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: clifton smith rb / highlights « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools