Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs plans Super Bowl Week 2009 « previous next »
Page: 1

CHEAHLE

Starter
: August 05, 2008, 03:16:26 PM

I just read the Tuesday Camp Notebook and it said that Warrick Dunn and Derrick Brooks are starting a charity golf tournament.  Thats great!  However, they picked Thursday January 29 and Friday January 30, 2009 to hold it?  If I recall correctly, there is a pretty big football game at Raymond James on Sunday February 1st.  Are these guys mailing it in already?  I was absolutely infuriated when I read this.  Shouldn't these vets be concentrated on playing football that weekend instead of their charity golf tournament?  I find this absolutely ridiculous that they hold their event the week leading up to the Super Bowl.  Its almost like they know their season will be over by then.  [banghead] [banghead]

MBF

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 05, 2008, 03:22:35 PM

Relax, the date's probably flexible.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 05, 2008, 03:25:56 PM

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 05, 2008, 05:21:29 PM

Maybe they know that the refs won’t allow us to make it to the Super Bowl in a year where we hosts the game.  I doubt they want a team to have homefield advantage for the Super Bowl. 

I mean it’s out there, but has a team that has host the Super Bowl, ever played it in?

And…on another probably more realistic note….the date is probably flexible.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs plans Super Bowl Week 2009 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools