Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Farve « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #15 : August 05, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »

1. Trade to Tampa
Odds: 2 to 1

2. Trade to Jets
Odds: 4 to 1

3. Retirement
Odds: 20 to 1

4. Trade to Vikings
Odds: 50 to 1

5. Release
Odds: 100 to 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8416516/Laying-odds-for-Favre's-immediate-future

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #16 : August 05, 2008, 11:26:25 PM »

lol it's getting so bad now that thread titles are simply labeled "Farve"

We should label Favre thread like this...

Favre 1
Favre 2
Favre 3

Farve 1
Farve 2
Farve 3

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #17 : August 05, 2008, 11:26:33 PM »

ESPN News... entire Brett Favre special coming up at 11:30.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #18 : August 05, 2008, 11:27:21 PM »

Favre's wife has a cooking segment towards the end of this special.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #19 : August 05, 2008, 11:28:20 PM »

Hell, it's so bad now that ESPN has a ticker symbol FAVRE.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #20 : August 05, 2008, 11:29:23 PM »

I bought 50 shares of Favre today.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

« #21 : August 05, 2008, 11:30:07 PM »

Hell, it's so bad now that ESPN has a ticker symbol FAVRE.

That's so yesterday...been going on for about two weeks now...  ;)

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #22 : August 05, 2008, 11:50:25 PM »

This special is outdated. The Mort interview as from earlier today. He said that Favre family members
had urged him to talk to the Jets. But the recent reports from Favre say that he has already spoken
to the Jets and Bucs.

Old news!

It's just a thrown together, money-making special.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

« #23 : August 06, 2008, 12:05:51 AM »

Lastest report from ESPN is that Favre has spoken to both the Bucs and Jets.

No word on what went on in those conversations. However, apparently a sticking point is that the Packers are starting to play negotiating tactics now by requesting more compensation from the Bucs than the Jets.

Apparently the Packers are now trying to aim him towards going with the Jets. They want him out of the conference.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #24 : August 06, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »

I gotta believe Gruden gave Brett a better sales pitch than that bore Mangini.

HughC

Pro Bowler

« #25 : August 06, 2008, 12:11:41 AM »

Maybe the Bucs will not pay the price for him to play with them.

The amount of money and attention Favre will bring the organization will make the $12M seem like chump change.

Yep... even if he has a so-so year...this franchise will make a boatload of money off the deal.
Respectfully, I disagree.  Television revenues are split.  Gate receipts are split 60-40 between the home and visiting team.  Jerseys and other similar products fall under NFL licensing, which is split evenly among all 32 teams.  

The Bucs would prosper from the money spent by people in the seats that would have been no-shows, but not much more.  The only other additional revenue would come from home playoff games that would occur thanks to Favre rather than Garcia being the QB, and additional season ticket sales next year due to the Bucs performance this year thanks to Favre.  

From a strictly business, money-only perspective, I wouldn't invest in the additional cost of Favre's contract over Garcia's if my only motivation was net profit - without even considering how the loss of draft picks adversely affects the long term success of the team .  I just don't see the franchise making a "boatload of money off the deal" by trading for Favre.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #26 : August 06, 2008, 12:19:31 AM »

Why cant any of these idiots ever spell his last name right?

replica

Hall of Famer
« #27 : August 06, 2008, 12:22:33 AM »

Maybe the Bucs will not pay the price for him to play with them.

IMO the Bucs would make a lot of money..Tickets would be gone quickly..Favre jersey sales would be through the roof..Crazy stuff to even think about, but it seems like it's going to happen soon.

The amount of money and attention Favre will bring the organization will make the $12M seem like chump change.

Yep... even if he has a so-so year...this franchise will make a boatload of money off the deal.
Respectfully, I disagree.  Television revenues are split.  Gate receipts are split 60-40 between the home and visiting team.  Jerseys and other similar products fall under NFL licensing, which is split evenly among all 32 teams.  

The Bucs would prosper from the money spent by people in the seats that would have been no-shows, but not much more.  The only other additional revenue would come from home playoff games that would occur thanks to Favre rather than Garcia being the QB, and additional season ticket sales next year due to the Bucs performance this year thanks to Favre.  

From a strictly business, money-only perspective, I wouldn't invest in the additional cost of Favre's contract over Garcia's if my only motivation was net profit - without even considering how the loss of draft picks adversely affects the long term success of the team .  I just don't see the franchise making a "boatload of money off the deal" by trading for Favre.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
« #28 : August 06, 2008, 12:27:40 AM »

Why cant any of these idiots ever spell his last name right?

I was waiting for someone to say it. LOL.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

« #29 : August 06, 2008, 12:45:17 AM »

.......how do you from saying Farve in your thread topic then saying favre like 3 spaces below.
He typed too damned fast.

Favre wants to play handball with Jake Plummer anyway.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Farve « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools