Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

: August 06, 2008, 12:35:23 PM

Farve isn't playing anywhere but Minnesota.   Bank it.   He may be traded elsewhere first but his mind is made up.

Then he wont be playing football anywhere. Word out of Green Bay is that they have drawn a line in the sand and told Favre they will not cross...they will not allow him to go to a division rival and he will not be the starter of the Packers. So it's either Tampa, the Jets, stay retired, or ride the bench.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#1 : August 06, 2008, 12:30:40 PM

Farve isn't playing anywhere but Minnesota.   Bank it.   He may be traded elsewhere first but his mind is made up.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 06, 2008, 12:29:50 PM

You can win the Super Bowl with 10-6 in the NFC....  but 10-6 is nothing in the AFC.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 06, 2008, 12:20:50 PM

You seem to be missing my point.  I wasn’t comparing whether the Browns or Giants were better than one another.  I was simply stating that the Jets---1) Don’t have half a good a defense as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2) have a decent offensive line, but one could argue the Bucs is better   3) have similar offensive weapons.  Don’t see much different in talent.  Bucs have better depth.  4) Conferences they play in.

Tamp Bay, in ANYONE’S eyes but Jets Fans, is a better spot for Favre mainly because they are a more talented team.  I know as Buc Fans we can be homers, but I ask a lot of people who hate the Bucs, aka Eagle Fans, and they still say that Tampa is a better spot then New York.

The Jets won’t be any better than 10-6 with Favre and there is already 5 playoff spots wrapped up in Indy, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh(1 AFC North Division winner), San Diego, and New England.  So at the best, Favre probably figures he could beat out Denver, Tennessee, Baltimore, and Cincinatti for that final wild card spot…and for what? To get whomped in the first round?

In the NFC, Favre could make it to the Bowl REALISTICALLY.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 06, 2008, 12:15:58 PM

Boid Fink

the reason....The Browns went 10-6 in the AFC last year and missed the playoffs. The Giants went 10-6 in the NFC [size=10 point]last year[/color][/size] and won the Super Bowl.

That is where I find the flaw in your thinking...things change.  The BRowns could stink.  Derek Anderson in the second part of the season was not so good, IMO.  Teams figured him out, his numbers started to wobble a bit...I expect for him to struggle a bit more this year.  As for the Giants, they did indeed win the Superbowl, but Pittsburgh has done it as a wildcard as well...

I think Favre to the Jets holds promise.  More endorsements, more exposure, good team, similar weather.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 06, 2008, 12:02:38 PM

Jets have Cotchery and Coles.  Both a decent targets.

They have D'Brickashaw, Mangold, and Faneca in their line.  PRetty damned good, IMO.  They have Thomas JOnes, who is a good blocker, has good hands, and can run pretty damned hard.

I still think Favre might play in New York...what is not to like?

From what I have heard from a buddy, he told me the Packers want Griese and a pick, and the BUcs do not want to relinquish Griese...

Hmmm...

MBF

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 06, 2008, 12:03:50 PM

Ahh good old D'Brickashaw Ferguson...everyone on PR had a man-crush on him when he was coming out of college.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 06, 2008, 12:10:18 PM

Boid Fink

the reason....The Browns went 10-6 in the AFC last year and missed the playoffs.  The Giants went 10-6 in the NFC last year and won the Super Bowl.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 06, 2008, 08:45:10 AM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/06/jets-make-best-offer-are-favres-last-choice/

Snook

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 06, 2008, 08:51:07 AM

Best part about that link is:

"Fox Sports reporter Jay Glazer said the Tampa Tribune’s report that Favre is on the verge of being a Buc is not true...

Go figure.  What else is new?  The local hacks are wrong about something?  Really!?!?

olafberserker

Hall of Famer
#10 : August 06, 2008, 08:59:47 AM

Of course the Jets would make the better offer.  They need him far more than the Bucs do.  He's a luxury here.  THe J-E-T-S can either go get HoFer Brett Favre or stick with garbage they currently have.  No brainer there.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 06, 2008, 09:00:40 AM

ESPN is still saying Favre likely to go to the Bucs. He doesn't want to play for the Jets so he wouldn't show I'm sure

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : August 06, 2008, 09:01:40 AM

The Packers still need Favre to committ to the Jets which he has not done, so it doesn't really matter how sweet the Jets offer is.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 06, 2008, 09:02:50 AM

I hope you guys are right…but the NFL gets what it wants…this whole saga to keep dragging on…  Im saying by Friday he will be traded, but that may be too soon.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 06, 2008, 09:04:10 AM

I won't hate the Jets, I'll hate you for linking me to that story...
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools