Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 06, 2008, 09:04:51 AM

Negotiation tactic by the Packers.   

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 06, 2008, 09:16:50 AM

IF Favre is traded somewhere he doesn't want to play, i.e., the Jets, he can simply refuse to accept the trade and stay retired.

How's that gonna play in NY? I think Favre wants to play the Packers this year in the worst way. That means us.

But the way this roller coaster has gone so far, I don't know whether we're going to have another drop or pull into the station.

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#17 : August 06, 2008, 09:17:54 AM

I can't see Favre going to the Jets, I believe with the whole way this situation has gone down that he wants to stick it to the Pack, with us playing them in week 4, you can guarantee it would be one of the best games we will ever watch at RayJ if we have Favre starting against his former team.

spartan

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 06, 2008, 09:22:57 AM

ESPN is still saying Favre likely to go to the Bucs. He doesn't want to play for the Jets so he wouldn't show I'm sure

This might be what GB wants, with the added proviso that they could say that they tried but Brett turned it down.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 06, 2008, 09:27:56 AM

Green Bay is really being gay about this whole thing.  He wants to be your starting QB.  You won’t let him.  He then wants to get released so he can play for a desired team in the division.  You won’t let him.  He then wants to be traded within the division, so at least you get something out of it.  You won’t let him.  He then tries to close the gap and says he will talk to the Buccaneers about a trade.  Instead of just working with the Bucs, you now revert back to a month ago and want to trade him to an AFC team that clearly has less of a chance to win than Tampa.  Just trade him to the Bucs and atleast give him something close to what he wants. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 06, 2008, 09:35:27 AM

IF Favre is traded somewhere he doesn't want to play, i.e., the Jets, he can simply refuse to accept the trade and stay retired.

No he can't stay retired, he's no longer retired. He's been reinstated. He would have to retire again.

In addition, Favre has already stated through his agent that he'll play for the Jets (assuming he's being truthful).

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 06, 2008, 09:36:47 AM

Thanks for the correction.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 06, 2008, 09:39:08 AM

If he does indeed go to the Jets, you can bet that this will have an affect on the Bucs in a tremendously bad way.  Garcia, already banged up, will have his head up his ass and will probably stink.  I don’t see anything in McCown or Griese to play any better than Garcia with his head up his ass either.  So all this about trading for Favre will come back to haunt the Bucs.  IMO, they need to trade him and get him or else be prepared for a confused locker room and upset QB.  Bucs go 6-10 on the year.  

Favre would have managed to destroy 3 teams seasons by coming back haha…..Packers, Bucs, and Vikings all miss out on playoffs if Favre goes to Jets….and so do the Jets lol.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 06, 2008, 09:41:27 AM

No he can't stay retired, he's no longer retired. He's been reinstated. He would have to retire again.

In addition, Favre has already stated through his agent that he'll play for the Jets (assuming he's being truthful).

But it also appears that of all the teams that have an interest in Favre’s services, the Jets are the team Favre least wants to play for.

Everything I've seen reported is right in line with this statement...

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 06, 2008, 09:43:43 AM

Yeah I could this playing out….

Favre traded to Jets by Friday.  He does not report and pulls a “TO-Baltimore” trade.

Favre traded to Bucs by next Friday.  He reports but calls it quits before the season starts.

The Bucs, Jets, Packers, and Vikings all miss out on the playoffs because of Favre.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 06, 2008, 09:46:20 AM

How about Favre traded to the Buccanners for a 5th and Brian Griese. Favre then traded to the Vikings from the Bucs, for a 3rd round draft pick? :)

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 06, 2008, 09:46:56 AM

But it also appears that of all the teams that have an interest in Favre�s services, the Jets are the team Favre least wants to play for.

Everything I've seen reported is right in line with this statement...

"Least" wants to play for, not "won't play for".

According to Brett Favre's agent, Favre is willing to play for either the Jets or the Buccaneers, and he hopes a trade is completed by Thursday at the latest.

"Brett feels he needs to get into training camp," Bus Cook told Sporting News in a telephone interview Wednesday morning. "He's ready to get started."

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 06, 2008, 09:47:53 AM

How about Favre traded to the Buccanners for a 5th and Brian Griese. Favre then traded to the Vikings from the Bucs, for a 3rd round draft pick? :)

That's funny, but obviously nowhere near reality.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 06, 2008, 09:48:49 AM

Is anyone else sick of the phrase:  "If this doesn't happen by..."

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 06, 2008, 09:51:55 AM

I thought Favre wanted to play for a SB contender? If that's the case he'll want to play here not New York.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools