Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 06, 2008, 09:52:59 AM

If he does indeed go to the Jets, you can bet that this will have an affect on the Bucs in a tremendously bad way.  Garcia, already banged up, will have his head up his butt and will probably stink.  I don’t see anything in McCown or Griese to play any better than Garcia with his head up his butt either.  So all this about trading for Favre will come back to haunt the Bucs.  IMO, they need to trade him and get him or else be prepared for a confused locker room and upset QB.  Bucs go 6-10 on the year.  

Favre would have managed to destroy 3 teams seasons by coming back haha…..Packers, Bucs, and Vikings all miss out on playoffs if Favre goes to Jets….and so do the Jets lol.

Come on, these aren't children. They're grown men...Garcia will get ticked off for a few days but when the bullets start to fly he'll be a professional.

I too believe the Jets thing is a rouse to get more out of the Bucs - but come on already...you're so close to the end of this fiasco, why nickel and dime the Buccaneers now?

It's stupidity. I hope Favre doesn't cave and go to the Jets...that offensive line will get him killed.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 06, 2008, 09:57:46 AM

It's stupidity. I hope Favre doesn't cave and go to the Jets...that offensive line will get him killed.

If forced to, Favre will accept being traded to the Jets because that may be his only option. He wants to play this year, and barring outright release, he may not have a choice. It seems increasingly likely (from what I'm hearing) that the Jets are willing to outbid the Bucs for him.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 06, 2008, 09:58:24 AM

I agree, the Packers are being childish here and are haggling like 8 year olds.

Packers:  We just want to unload Favre.  He can be had for a 5th.
Buccaneers: Ok we’ll give you a 5th.
Packers: Now wait just a second…we now want a 4th
Buccaneers: wait you just said you wanted a 5th…but if it takes a 4th to get it done, OK.
Packers:  Did I say 4th, we meant 3rd.
Buccaneers: Come on now, find a price and stick with it.  We’ll give you a 4th and if Favre takes us to the playoffs, it can turn into a 3rd.
Packers:  Favre is a Hall of Fame Quarterback.  We want a 2nd for him.

(Bruce Allen hangs up the phone)

(Thompson calls back)
Buccaneers: Hello?
Packers: Hi, we changed our minds, we’ll take a 5th for Brett
Buccaneers: Ok, deal.
Packers:  How about a 5th that can turn into three 1st rounders if Brett Favre throws an interception this year?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 06, 2008, 09:59:29 AM

A fifth rounder?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 06, 2008, 10:01:57 AM

At this point, I'll be happy with whoever ends the drama, even if it's the Jets.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 06, 2008, 10:02:03 AM

Anyone listen to Mike and Mike this morning?  The guy filling in for Golic said that Garcia (if picked up by Minnesota) would instantly solidify the Vikings as a Super Bowl team.  

I found that pretty funny considering no one thinks the Bucs are a Super Bowl team with Garcia.  Why is everyone so enamored with the Vikings?

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 06, 2008, 10:04:06 AM

A fifth rounder?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Although that wasn’t the point of my post (the point was to criticize the Packers handling of trading Favre), how come you think a 5th is out of the question.  I honestly think a conditional 4th that can turn into a 3rd if Favre takes us to the playoffs or a 2nd if we win the Super Bowl with him is a reasonable offer.  If we flat out trade a 1st or 2nd for Favre we are a joke.  We don’t know what Favre we are getting.  Are we getting the INT king that also throws a lot of TDS/YARDS?  Or are we getting the INT king who throws more INTs than TDs?  We can just as easily go 6-10 with Brett Favre and if that happens and he quits, we are out a 2nd round pick and actually in a worse off situation then we were without him.  

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 06, 2008, 10:04:41 AM

Anyone listen to Mike and Mike this morning?  The guy filling in for Golic said that Garcia (if picked up by Minnesota) would instantly solidify the Vikings as a Super Bowl team.  

I found that pretty funny considering no one thinks the Bucs are a Super Bowl team with Garcia.  Why is everyone so enamored with the Vikings?

I was listening as well. It did seem like ESPN was hoping Favre went anyhere else besides the Bucs and that the Bucs wouldn't be a legit contender if Brett is there.

I also heard them interview Chris Carter. They asked him what the Bucs would be with Brett Favre and he said "well we aren't sure if Cadillac Williams can carry the load. If he can then they will be dangerous"

That was as ill-informed of an onpinion as I have heard from someone who is supposed to be informed.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 06, 2008, 10:06:44 AM

The Vikings have one of the best offensive lines in football, one of the best running backs in football, and a pretty stout defense that just added the sack leader Jared Allen to the mix.  Their only problem is that they have the worst starting QB and even worse then some #2s as their starting QB.  They managed to go 8-8 last year with Jackson.  They added Benard Berrian and Jared Allen and play in the NFC.  If they add Garcia, who is arguably a top 15 Quarterback, they will win that division.  Are they a super bowl team?  Who knows.  In the NFC, I could see any team aside from the Falcons, Lions, Cardinals, and 49ers making it there.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 06, 2008, 10:08:15 AM

If Favre goes to the Jets, so be it.  It's his call at this point, even if he's been he's been steered to the point he's currently at.  I'm not going to lose any sleep over this thing one way or the other.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

Snook

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 06, 2008, 10:11:13 AM

Anyone listen to Mike and Mike this morning? �The guy filling in for Golic said that Garcia (if picked up by Minnesota) would instantly solidify the Vikings as a Super Bowl team. �

I found that pretty funny considering no one thinks the Bucs are a Super Bowl team with Garcia. �Why is everyone so enamored with the Vikings?

The Vikings have one of the best offensive lines in football, one of the best running backs in football, and a pretty stout defense that just added the sack leader Jared Allen to the mix. �Their only problem is that they have the worst starting QB and even worse then some #2s as their starting QB. �They managed to go 8-8 last year with Jackson. �They added Benard Berrian and Jared Allen and play in the NFC. �If they add Garcia, who is arguably a top 15 Quarterback, they will win that division. �Are they a super bowl team? �Who knows. �In the NFC, I could see any team aside from the Falcons, Lions, Cardinals, and 49ers making it there.

Right.  But adding Garcia to the mix in mid August doesn't make them any better.  ESPECIALLY if the Bucs aren't a contender with him now.  Its flawed logic.

As for Cris Carter... that guy is a moron.  And I'm just about done with ESPN.  

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 06, 2008, 10:13:25 AM

On NFL Network they asked Marshall Faulk what the Bucs would be with Favre and he said, "Well they still have a lot of holes on that team and their defense is still too young." And he said nothing beyond that.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 06, 2008, 10:17:39 AM

Defense still too young to be ranked #2 last year...

That's another idiot on TV... Marshall Faulk.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 06, 2008, 10:19:25 AM

As far as holes, we are missing offensive weapons.  I don’t see the many holes he is talking about.  We are missing a franchise back, but Graham showed last year he can serve well in the featured back role.  Maybe Bryant, Stovall, or Clayton can step up and solidify our #2 and slot WR spots.  Alex Smith could be better.  I think our weapons will be better with Favre.

Either way, I agree we do have a below average offense when it comes to skill positions, but maybe Favre can change that.  We have a good offensive line and a solid defense.

doclobster

Practice Squad

#44 : August 06, 2008, 10:22:08 AM

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/06/cook-favre-willing-to-play-for-jets-or-bucs/

COOK: FAVRE WILLING TO PLAY FOR JETS OR BUCS
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools