Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Snook

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 06, 2008, 10:41:32 AM

Vikings offensive line> Buccaneers offensive line
Vikings backfield> Buccaneers backfield
Vikings WR threat= Buccaneers WR threat (I personally feel we have a better core, but does Favre/Media?)
Vikings defense=Buccaneers defense(I personally feel we are better, but with Jared Allen and the two Williams on that line, WHEW�look out. �Also don�t forget the solid secondary they have)

The Vikings are stacked and are a QB away from the playoffs. �In the NFC, playoffs could mean Super Bowl. �(haha I know that sounds like a Yogi Berra comment, but you know what I mean)

We'll see.  I'm not sold on the Vikings.  I think they're everyone's trendy pick this season... and that's about it.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 06, 2008, 10:43:09 AM

Vikings offensive line> Buccaneers offensive line
Vikings backfield> Buccaneers backfield
Vikings WR threat= Buccaneers WR threat (I personally feel we have a better core, but does Favre/Media?)
Vikings defense=Buccaneers defense(I personally feel we are better, but with Jared Allen and the two Williams on that line, WHEW�look out. �Also don�t forget the solid secondary they have)

The Vikings are stacked and are a QB away from the playoffs. �In the NFC, playoffs could mean Super Bowl. �(haha I know that sounds like a Yogi Berra comment, but you know what I mean)

We'll see.  I'm not sold on the Vikings.  I think they're everyone's trendy pick this season... and that's about it.

I’m actually picking the Bears, believe it or not, to win that division, but that will change if the Vikings get Favre, Garcia, etc.  All they need is a veteran QB or even an offensive lineman to play QB.  Jackson is horrible.  They are better off signing Culpepper and going with him.

Magnaccia

Pro Bowler

#77 : August 06, 2008, 10:44:19 AM

The Vikings are not a QB away from the playoffs lol.

Childress isn't a great headcoach. He'd make a great front office guy, he seems to know how to add quality free agents and make use of draft picks.

But he's a terrible head coach. He doesn't put the right players in the game to win games (AP last year would be a shining example.), he doesn't call the plays that fit the skillsets of his players (running screens with a monster of a line.. Hutchinson and AP added.. yet not an abundance of screens..hmm).

He gameplans, he sticks to it. If he loses he loses, wins he wins, but he's gonna follow his gameplan.

If they make the playoffs, it'll be because another team slipped, not because they got better. lol

http://www.graphicdesignmoney.comMake $$$$ online, ask me how :]

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#78 : August 06, 2008, 10:47:44 AM

He gameplans, he sticks to it. If he loses he loses, wins he wins, but he's gonna follow his gameplan.

If they make the playoffs, it'll be because another team slipped, not because they got better. lol

That sure sounds familiar. 

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#79 : August 06, 2008, 10:48:15 AM

Knock it down to +1�..Even though Garcia will be hurt, I still rather start the season with him.  If we start out 1-3, 0-4, like we usually do every other year, then Yes I agree�put in McCown and see if he has potential to be a starter in this league.

And Gruden's a little annoyed with Luke right now. But I guess it depends on whether or not you think the Bucs can go all the way with Garcia at QB and if you think Luke can get us to the playoffs. If you don't believe the former and believe the latter, then there's no reason not to play Luke on day one.

Snook

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 06, 2008, 10:57:12 AM

That sure sounds familiar. 

I was thinking that same thing...

Snook

Hall of Famer

#81 : August 06, 2008, 11:00:51 AM

More from Cowherd:

"If you can't find Tampa, by the way, just fly into Atlanta and follow the Waffle Houses."

Anyone understand that?

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#82 : August 06, 2008, 11:02:58 AM

More from Cowherd:

"If you can't find Tampa, by the way, just fly into Atlanta and follow the Waffle Houses."

Anyone understand that?

that's pretty damn funny, you hazve to admit

Snook

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 06, 2008, 11:04:33 AM

I like Cowherd but I don't really get it...

Madman

Hall of Famer
#84 : August 06, 2008, 11:04:57 AM

If Brett has his choice (and I think he does), I have no doubt he'll chose the Bucs.

1 - New York City? He's no big city guy. He drives a pickup truck and wears the same hat every day.
2 - He didn't want to leave the division, don't see him leaving the conference
3 - He wants to play the Packers and compete for a SuperBowl. That's not the Jets.

Hopefully, BA comes up with the right offer to land #4 and make everyone happy.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#85 : August 06, 2008, 11:32:13 AM

Knock it down to +1�..Even though Garcia will be hurt, I still rather start the season with him. If we start out 1-3, 0-4, like we usually do every other year, then Yes I agree�put in McCown and see if he has potential to be a starter in this league.

And Gruden's a little annoyed with Luke right now.

Can you tell us why?  I've heard mostly good things about Luke this TC, but that's 2nd hand from someone 40 yards away in the bleachers.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#86 : August 06, 2008, 11:37:07 AM

Knock it down to +1�..Even though Garcia will be hurt, I still rather start the season with him. If we start out 1-3, 0-4, like we usually do every other year, then Yes I agree�put in McCown and see if he has potential to be a starter in this league.

And Gruden's a little annoyed with Luke right now.

Can you tell us why? I've heard mostly good things about Luke this TC, but that's 2nd hand from someone 40 yards away in the bleachers.

I would guess he's talking about Monday's practice...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#87 : August 06, 2008, 11:39:29 AM

I like Cowherd but I don't really get it...

The Herd is great.

Probably means it's real redneck throughout Florida, I would imagine.

doclobster

Practice Squad

#88 : August 06, 2008, 01:07:44 PM

Farve isn't playing anywhere but Minnesota.   Bank it.   He may be traded elsewhere first but his mind is made up.

Why do people keep thinking that is even a possibility? Have you even been on the internet before? Firstly, there are like a million billion other people who have said this before; and second, there is NO WAY Green Bay would trade him without a poison pill in the deal that prevented him from ending up with a NFC North team. Seriously, people!  What will it take to stop the ignorant "he'll be traded to Minnesota by whoever gets him" comments?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#89 : August 06, 2008, 02:14:53 PM

You seem to be missing my point. I wasn’t comparing whether the Browns or Giants were better than one another. I was simply stating that the Jets---1) Don’t have half a good a defense as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2) have a decent offensive line, but one could argue the Bucs is better 3) have similar offensive weapons. Don’t see much different in talent. Bucs have better depth. 4) Conferences they play in.

Tamp Bay, in ANYONE’S eyes but Jets Fans, is a better spot for Favre mainly because they are a more talented team. I know as Buc Fans we can be homers, but I ask a lot of people who hate the Bucs, aka Eagle Fans, and they still say that Tampa is a better spot then New York.

The Jets won’t be any better than 10-6 with Favre and there is already 5 playoff spots wrapped up in Indy, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh(1 AFC North Division winner), San Diego, and New England. So at the best, Favre probably figures he could beat out Denver, Tennessee, Baltimore, and Cincinatti for that final wild card spot…and for what? To get whomped in the first round?

In the NFC, Favre could make it to the Bowl REALISTICALLY.

I'll agree Tampa's defense is better.  They were better than more than 90 percent of the NFL...and they usually are anyway, so that point is nothing.  The offensive line is par...Faneca is a stud, Mangold is proven and dependable, and Brick is a beast.  The QBs best friend is a RB, and the Jets have Thomas Jones, who is arguably better than anyone the Bucs have on the roster right now.  Coles and Cotchery make for a better tandem.

Now, as far as your predictions on who are locks, I still do not buy it.  Who says Indy is a lock?  They could go 9-7.  What if Manning lost something from his knee issues?  What if Rivers flops next year and the Chargers lose LDT to injury?  What if Pittsburg stinks it up?  The Jets are one year removed from suprising a lot of people...so things can change.  Saying they WILL BE THIS AND WILL BE THAT is absurd.  How do you know?  Do you have a better cystal ball?  With statements like those, you should be a millionaire from Vegas winnings.  Things change is my point.  The Jets got a lot better through free agency, and drafting.  Add Favre, and things get interesting...

I am just saying the Jets can be noisemakers.  AS a matter of fact, I am predicting that they are the biggest turnaround team in the NFL this year...with or without Favre.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get ready to hate the Jets « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools