Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team to announce in a press conference a deal has been reached « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12

MBF

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 06, 2008, 03:49:21 PM

I'm pretty excited - as a fan in Atlanta I'm looking forward to the extra TV time more than anything..
+4,000

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 06, 2008, 03:49:46 PM

Thanks for the info, Yucc. I've been scrambling to get something solid from my own angles, with very little success. I hope it comes down exactly the way you're reporting.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 06, 2008, 03:50:27 PM

Just got an email from my co-worker so said Brett is meeting the doc for his physical.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

marlevr

Second String
#18 : August 06, 2008, 03:51:03 PM

I really hope you're right.

Compensation seems fair. A 2nd for the Superbowl, not bad.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#19 : August 06, 2008, 03:51:17 PM

Thanks for the info, Yucc. I've been scrambling to get something solid from my own angles, with very little success. I hope it comes down exactly the way you're reporting.

Did you get the sense that something like this could happen at any time when you were talking with your contacts?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 06, 2008, 03:51:29 PM

Now let's ship Garcia to the Vikes
Let's hope there's a bidding war between Chi-Town and Minny. ;D

Maybe even the Jets!

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

thegregwitul

Practice Squad

#21 : August 06, 2008, 03:51:37 PM

If this is indeed accurate news, I am a happy camper. I was hoping the Bucs would not have to surrender a first day pick, and I feel the third round pick is worth the risk. Plus, the only way it turns into a first day pick is if the team makes the Super Bowl, and I don't think anyone would be unhappy parting with a 2nd round pick if it means a hometown Super Bowl appearance.

My only concern, of course, is the 'year to year' retirement talk. If Brett and the Bucs fail to make the playoffs, or lose in the first round (again), will Brett want to come back to finish his contract? I think he can provide solid QB play for at least two seasons, maybe even three, but we'll probably have to brace ourselves for the offseason circus for the next few years.

With a great defense and a young and improved o-line and other hungry position players, I'm willing to ride with this trade...if this trade is true, of course.

j.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 06, 2008, 03:52:23 PM

The main hold up at this point comes down to Favre, as the team wants to make sure it is not for a year only and he is willing to play out his contract which has a total of three years remaining on it.

jobroker1

Practice Squad

#23 : August 06, 2008, 03:53:22 PM

awesome post. Thanks Yucc. 

Now lets roll out the red carpet and maybe he'll be around in a coaching role one day for the nub QB's

SACK-U

Rookie

#24 : August 06, 2008, 03:53:49 PM

Here is a link to the Packers press conference which has been delayed

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 06, 2008, 03:53:58 PM

The main hold up at this point comes down to Favre, as the team wants to make sure it is not for a year only and he is willing to play out his contract which has a total of three years remaining on it.

Yikes….we’re going to ask Favre for a commitment....he isn’t going to give you a straight answer…he hasn’t been able to commit fully for the past 4-5 years…we’re expecting him to do it now.  Jesus…just take him and don’t ask questions…this will continue to drag on…

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 06, 2008, 03:54:04 PM

LOL...I'm fully prepared for the summer saga that is the retirement question...the Bucs should be too...

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 06, 2008, 03:54:36 PM

wait, hold up on annoucing it or hold up the deal?

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#28 : August 06, 2008, 03:54:51 PM

I look at it as a 1 year rental, to be honest, because Garcia had a year left on his deal anyways. Instead of Garcia we get Favre (even if its just 1 year and then he retires for good). I still think he gives us a better chance to win because he will most likely stay healthy.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#29 : August 06, 2008, 03:55:19 PM

Until I see a link or a headline I'm not buying it
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team to announce in a press conference a deal has been reached « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools