Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team to announce in a press conference a deal has been reached « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#165 : August 07, 2008, 01:12:23 AM

No I think he playus out the season - but I'll bet he'll wish he'd stayed retired by the end of the year.

The Jests are no where near where Mangini thinks they are. Don't get me wrong, I think they have done much to attempt to turn the team around...I just think that they were more than one QB away from making a superbowl run. I have no doubt Mangini thinks his team is that far along...too much uncertainnty on the d-line and a total revamp of the O-line.

No hard feeling though, he was worth more to the Jests and they outbid us for a one year wonder.

Lets get Jeff some doh-re-me (which BTW if I'm Garcia, my starting price just went up...) and lets roll with what we got.

I have to say I am fine with being one of the teams Favre considered (I'll assume the Bucs were Favre's favorite), and I am very happy Bruce made a run at Favre without getting caught up in too much of the hype....

But lets roll out our own 38 year old Merc and get this thing started already!

Incomparable sig by Incognito

dr3z

Hall of Famer

#166 : August 07, 2008, 07:03:57 AM

Boy am I glad we get the inside scoop by people with sources on this board......

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#167 : August 07, 2008, 08:05:55 AM

Boy am I glad we get the inside scoop by people with sources on this board......

Come on guys, give Yuccaneers a break. He's given us some good stuff in the past. This issue was all over the map - I don't think even the principles knew what was going to happen until 1 in the am...

Yuc shared what his source believed to be true...and a some point maybe it was true...who knows at this point? I find it hard to believe Bruce would have offered a "Jake Plummer" deal to the pack - for Brett Freaking Favre? Come on...I understand lowballing but that's ridiculous.

In the end, the Packers did what is best for the Packers, Favre capitulated because at this point he just wanted to play and that was the end of it.

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#168 : August 07, 2008, 08:12:13 AM

No, they were correct because they said a "Team" was to announce a press conference concerning a deal they just didn't say which team it was.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#169 : August 07, 2008, 08:15:46 AM

This is why Pewter Report didn't piggy-back Ira Kaufman's report yesterday morning in the Tampa Tribune and why we had to refute yuccaneers' post. Our sources within the team weren't saying much, but did tell us that both reports were wrong. There was never any firm deal in place that would lead Tampa Bay to believe it was ever a done deal. That's just not the way Bruce Allen operates, folks. Nothing is a done deal to him until there are signatures on contracts. He doesn't even think it's a done deal when he and agents "agree to terms." Nothing is "final" or "done" in his mind until contracts are finalized. That's one thing the other media outlets apparently didn't consider with their reporting yesterday.

I know Pewter Report's stance of waiting for concrete information to report rather than going out on a limb like others did sometimes frustrates some Bucs fans who are craving the latest details. But in the end our credibility is more important. Did Pewter Report think that Brett Favre was coming to Tampa Bay? It sure seemed like that from all of the media coverage, but our sources kept using the words "very premature" whenever we would ask them to confirm various reports. That's why Pewter Report never reported that Favre was coming to Tampa while others did. It turns out that was the right decision because it was based on the right information.

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#170 : August 07, 2008, 08:19:47 AM

although I'm so disapointed we didn't get him, congrats on yet another correct correct stance on the whole issue pewterreport..It seems you guys are right every time

Other news outlets will create a whole story off of a rumor, which will probably change within the hour..you guys stand firm untill solid info comes out

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#171 : August 07, 2008, 08:26:34 AM

This is why Pewter Report didn't piggy-back Ira Kaufman's report yesterday morning in the Tampa Tribune and why we had to refute yuccaneers' post. Our sources within the team weren't saying much, but did tell us that both reports were wrong. There was never any firm deal in place that would lead Tampa Bay to believe it was ever a done deal. That's just not the way Bruce Allen operates, folks. Nothing is a done deal to him until there are signatures on contracts. He doesn't even think it's a done deal when he and agents "agree to terms." Nothing is "final" or "done" in his mind until contracts are finalized. That's one thing the other media outlets apparently didn't consider with their reporting yesterday.

I know Pewter Report's stance of waiting for concrete information to report rather than going out on a limb like others did sometimes frustrates some Bucs fans who are craving the latest details. But in the end our credibility is more important. Did Pewter Report think that Brett Favre was coming to Tampa Bay? It sure seemed like that from all of the media coverage, but our sources kept using the words "very premature" whenever we would ask them to confirm various reports. That's why Pewter Report never reported that Favre was coming to Tampa while others did. It turns out that was the right decision because it was based on the right information.

That's why you guys are the #1 source for Buccaneer info, SR!

Perhaps it was more the hope that Yucc was right than reality. Can you confirm now what the Bucs were offering? Were the Bucs really only offering a "Jake Plummer" deal? If so, I think that's ridonkulous to put the organization and the fanbase through this circus to low ball the Pack like that.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#172 : August 07, 2008, 11:09:33 AM

Thanks, guys.

yuccaneers

Hall of Famer
#173 : August 07, 2008, 02:03:33 PM

SR -No harm no foul, while I stated what was offered can only go by what is told to me, While understand your sources are more reliable then the rest of ours. I still am a fan first and foremost and understand the dynamics of the whole situation.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#174 : August 07, 2008, 10:38:10 PM

I appreciate the stance PR took - but they didn't jump in and warn a lot of folks to stay calm...these boards are absolutely for speculation. So I don't have a problem with Yuc reporting what his source(s) relate.

It would be a very boring place if we couldn't speculate - it should be understood when discussing hot topics on the boards that we're all speculating. Some of us are allowed the leeway of making our speculation seem plausible - PR staff isn't.

I also enjoy thinking through some of the logic presented in what is obviously speculative posts - sometimes it even helps me sharpen my critical thinking.

So let me use that as a seque into an excercise in critical thinking: The first time PR posts something the Buc organization deemed "secret information" - how much more information do you think PR would get from the organization in the future?

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Team to announce in a press conference a deal has been reached « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools