Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cal? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#45 : September 19, 2008, 10:32:53 PM

I agree, offense is more fun to watch than a 3-2 game.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Ku-USF game, but I don't think either team is championship caliber. 

I agree, USC looks to be solid on both sides of the ball...which is why I said I think right now they are the best team.  But a lot can change. 

I agree.

USC should win out. As much as Id like to say Oregon could beat them. I just cant e**CENSORED**ally only 2 weeks out and QB injury/inexperience.

IMO USC is the clear #1, and IMO they will face Oklahoma (they wont lose).

LFO

Hall of Famer

#46 : September 19, 2008, 10:38:05 PM

Oklahoma has it easy, as they don't get Missouri in reg. season and Texas and Kansas at home.  Obviously they are likely to play Missouri in title game, but we'll see.

I think Oklahoma is good, but think they are a bit over hyped.  We won't know much about them until Oct. 11 when they play TX.  Even then, Texas isn't that great IMO. 

I think UF-USC would be a great matchup, but UF has a tough road to get there.  USC I agree should go undefeated, they don't have many tough games and all even remotely tough on at home.  They will just need to avoid their usual slip up against a team they should beat by 20.....

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#47 : September 19, 2008, 11:26:47 PM

Oklahoma has it easy, as they don't get Missouri in reg. season and Texas and Kansas at home.  Obviously they are likely to play Missouri in title game, but we'll see.

I think Oklahoma is good, but think they are a bit over hyped.  We won't know much about them until Oct. 11 when they play TX.  Even then, Texas isn't that great IMO. 

I think UF-USC would be a great matchup, but UF has a tough road to get there.  USC I agree should go undefeated, they don't have many tough games and all even remotely tough on at home.  They will just need to avoid their usual slip up against a team they should beat by 20.....

yeah games like Oregon State for USC is where they slip up.

My guess is if they slip up its @ Arizona or vs Oregon if they get no TO's on the offensive side of the ball, and they pound the rock.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#48 : September 20, 2008, 04:50:26 PM

Oregon down 24-6 to Boise St.

Like I said, i think it is USC and NOBODY in the PAC 10.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#49 : September 20, 2008, 06:27:05 PM

Hey the whole Pac 10 is 0-5 against the Mountain West.....

Baylor is better then Wazzu
BYU is better then fucla... who beat Tennessee
TCU is better then Stanturd
New Mexico may be better then Arizona

So ASU probably is the only real upset...

Since when is Baylor  in Mountain West?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#50 : September 20, 2008, 07:29:20 PM

Lose/Lose?

LOL.

ASU is supposed to be a top 3 PAC 10 team. �It's funny they are now relegated to being crappy....

well you think its a big win now? I thought the pac-10 sucked? And MAYBE 2 good teams... but now there good like UCLA, oh wait they lost to a mountain west team...

Georgia... you win, its expected
 � � � � � � � you lose... SEC spin, well its a tough road game they need to focus on the only good conference in any sports the SEC. They were just overlooking them.

No, I don't think they are very good...but again, that was the point. �They were a favorite to win the conference, or at least compete for 2nd best. �And now you relegate them to being crappy. �

I also don't think UGA is the world beater some think they are....they are a good team, but not unbeatable. �I don't really think any team is. �UGA needs to get ahead early, if they struggle early I think ASU has a shot. �

ASU is and still is the 3rd best team. And no they were never the favorite to win the conference.... UCLA was ;) I never said ASU was crappy they are probably 25-30 ranked team. I dont put much into the loss to UNLV. But they still have problems on defense and the OL. But year in and year out they tend to get a bit overrated.

So, if ASU is the 3rd best PAC 10 team, and UGA is a top 2, at least top 3 SEC team....how is it lose/lose for UGA?  If UGA loses on the road to them, why is that bad? Afterall, you say ASU is a top 3 PAC 10 team.   Conversely, if they win against a top 3 PAC 10 team on the road, why is that not a big win? 

Are you suggesting that the Gap between the top of the SEC and top of the PAC 10, sans USC, is that great?  You can't have it both ways. 

what Im saying...

Pac-10 isnt very good this year

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. 

and the SEC is overrated.

Big12 is just as good.

Only team that looks great in the SEC is Florida. And thats the only team thats actually fun to watch.

Auburn... isnt and wont be top 10, probably finishes outside the top 25.
Alabama... will finish in the 20's
LSU... good but no QB play
Georgia... overrated

Big 12?  They have Oklahoma.  That's it.  Nobody else can play the defense to win anything.

As for those SEC teams, all are better than Oregon, who you anoint 2nd best PAC 10.  If LSU doesn't have QB play, what do you think of Oregon?  Roper blows, and now is hurt.  Hope that backup is any good....

Hmmm......

sorry OBF.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#51 : September 20, 2008, 07:46:24 PM

Lose/Lose?

LOL.

ASU is supposed to be a top 3 PAC 10 team. �It's funny they are now relegated to being crappy....

well you think its a big win now? I thought the pac-10 sucked? And MAYBE 2 good teams... but now there good like UCLA, oh wait they lost to a mountain west team...

Georgia... you win, its expected
 � � � � � � � you lose... SEC spin, well its a tough road game they need to focus on the only good conference in any sports the SEC. They were just overlooking them.

No, I don't think they are very good...but again, that was the point. �They were a favorite to win the conference, or at least compete for 2nd best. �And now you relegate them to being crappy. �

I also don't think UGA is the world beater some think they are....they are a good team, but not unbeatable. �I don't really think any team is. �UGA needs to get ahead early, if they struggle early I think ASU has a shot. �

ASU is and still is the 3rd best team. And no they were never the favorite to win the conference.... UCLA was ;) I never said ASU was crappy they are probably 25-30 ranked team. I dont put much into the loss to UNLV. But they still have problems on defense and the OL. But year in and year out they tend to get a bit overrated.

So, if ASU is the 3rd best PAC 10 team, and UGA is a top 2, at least top 3 SEC team....how is it lose/lose for UGA?  If UGA loses on the road to them, why is that bad? Afterall, you say ASU is a top 3 PAC 10 team.   Conversely, if they win against a top 3 PAC 10 team on the road, why is that not a big win? 

Are you suggesting that the Gap between the top of the SEC and top of the PAC 10, sans USC, is that great?  You can't have it both ways. 

what Im saying...

Pac-10 isnt very good this year

Ok, thanks for clarifying that. 

and the SEC is overrated.

Big12 is just as good.

Only team that looks great in the SEC is Florida. And thats the only team thats actually fun to watch.

Auburn... isnt and wont be top 10, probably finishes outside the top 25.
Alabama... will finish in the 20's
LSU... good but no QB play
Georgia... overrated

Big 12?  They have Oklahoma.  That's it.  Nobody else can play the defense to win anything.

As for those SEC teams, all are better than Oregon, who you anoint 2nd best PAC 10.  If LSU doesn't have QB play, what do you think of Oregon?  Roper blows, and now is hurt.  Hope that backup is any good....

Hmmm......

sorry OBF.

sorry for the rest of the country that expects a BCS game because Boise State is in. Look at there schedule its a LOCK.

But no need to be sorry, best loss in years. We were down to the 4th string true freshmen QB and almost came back to win with another true freshmen

We found a 4 year starter at QB, and at the end of the day were still 1-0 in the pac-10. Cant be mad for the players when the coaches go out coached by a few ex ducks today.

Darron Thomas just made my jaw drop. And he was redshirting up to the 4th qtr and he played like a senior.

Congrats ducks, shame on Mike Bellotti and his coaches.

LFO

Hall of Famer

#52 : September 20, 2008, 08:08:36 PM

Never seen such a positive spin put on a loss to a non BCS team.

Especially when you were just here touting Oregon as the 2nd best PAC 10 team.

What does that say about the PAC 10 then?

Just trying to figure out where you are coming from here.  Because it seems all over the place lately/

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#53 : September 20, 2008, 08:34:50 PM

Never seen such a positive spin put on a loss to a non BCS team.

Especially when you were just here touting Oregon as the 2nd best PAC 10 team.

What does that say about the PAC 10 then?

Just trying to figure out where you are coming from here.  Because it seems all over the place lately/

ok Oregon lost, they were down to there 5th string QB

A 5th string QB who was redshirting score 18 points in the 4th qtr put up almost 250 yards.

Oregon still is the 2nd best team. Were still 1-0. I put very little in this game. Oregon threw the ball 4 times in the 1st half... 2 were INT. Then we lost our JC kid to a helmet to helmet, we had a true freshmen Chris Harper in, that cant throw the ball. his only 2 throws were the 2 INT. It got so bad on 3 and 16 down 24-6 they were running QB draws. They bring in the kid they wanted to redshirt and he almost brought they team back to a win. Dennis Dixon worked with him all winter and said he thinks he will be better then him.

Im just mad at the coaches, they left a QB out there who they knew couldnt throw for 3 qtrs.

This game hasnt changed my views. I said this is a 3 loss team. I dont care what it says about the pac-10. At the end of the day Oregon will have lost to a team that will be in a BCS Bowl... if you dont believe me look at there schedule, there only test is the last game of the year at home vs Fresno State. The defense did what they were told shut down Ian Johnson and they did, but Boise State QB can throw the ball and he carried them. Boise State had a 1 game year...and they won it. Mike Bellotti and his coaches didnt prepare the players.

were still 1-0 in the pac-10. All this does is end a chance at a BCS bowl if we dont win the pac-10 which was unrealistic.

Boise State came to play, we didnt. Props to Boise State. 

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#54 : September 20, 2008, 08:56:47 PM

Well at least Oregon has USC setup for the upset.  ;)

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#55 : September 20, 2008, 09:03:30 PM

Well at least Oregon has USC setup for the upset.  ;)

I wish I could say that. I just hope its within 14.

Usually Im very pissed after a loss, but today Im not. This Darron Thomas kid came in and just took over. Boise State was blitzing he sat in the pocket took hits and made plays and almost brought him back. He decommited from LSU to come here and atleast at the QB position I see light at the end of the towel.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cal? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools