Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why blame Bruce? « previous next »
Page: 1

TbayBucs

Pro Bowler

: August 07, 2008, 01:25:42 AM

If anyone is to blame; its IRA and his crappy reporting. He basically started all the media hype the last few days by reporting the story everyone wanted to hear. He made a bold statement and once again he was wrong.

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 07, 2008, 01:28:23 AM

Because Ira didn't offer a 7th rounder with a chance to become a 4th, Bruce did. And it was a ridiculous offer, considering what kind of implications this could have on our QB and locker room. I just don't see the reasoning for chasing him this far and for nothing.

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 07, 2008, 01:28:47 AM

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 07, 2008, 01:33:20 AM

Dude. **CENSORED**ing awesome photoshop!! Can't even see the cut line around his face.

Flawless! ;D

calicojack

Starter
#4 : August 07, 2008, 01:35:08 AM

29 GMs didn't make a bid.  1 GM wanted to pay him $20M to go away...  Our guy made a low-ball offer for someone he really didn't need.

The Dream Team

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 07, 2008, 01:37:39 AM

Bruce is a cheapskate.  What a joke.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 07, 2008, 01:38:21 AM

i applaud allen.  he rightfully recognized that we are a playoff team w/o favre. and that garcia is the team captain/pro bowl QB.  the players stand with garcia.  bringing favre would have ripped up the lockeroom.  i applaud allen for not getting into a bidding war.  he threw something out there to see if we could get favre at a discount. If the Jets want to blow their load for one shot with a diva/1 year hired gun QB let them do so.  I'm happy to move forward with Garcia in year 2 of the system.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 07, 2008, 01:41:59 AM

i applaud allen.  he rightfully recognized that we are a playoff team w/o favre. and that garcia is the team captain/pro bowl QB.  the players stand with garcia.  bringing favre would have ripped up the lockeroom.  i applaud allen for not getting into a bidding war.  he threw something out there to see if we could get favre at a discount. If the Jets wont to blow their load for one shot with a diva/1 year hired gun QB let them do so.  I'm happy to move forward with Garcia in year 2 of the system. 

I'm sure the team will take comfort in this when they are wathcing the playoffs in January

#8 : August 07, 2008, 01:42:27 AM

29 GMs didn't make a bid.  1 GM wanted to pay him $20M to go away...  Our guy made a low-ball offer for someone he really didn't need.
i applaud allen. he rightfully recognized that we are a playoff team w/o favre. and that garcia is the team captain/pro bowl QB. the players stand with garcia. bringing favre would have ripped up the lockeroom. i applaud allen for not getting into a bidding war. he threw something out there to see if we could get favre at a discount. If the Jets wont to blow their load for one shot with a diva/1 year hired gun QB let them do so. I'm happy to move forward with Garcia in year 2 of the system.

Yes, and yes.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 07, 2008, 01:43:11 AM

Bruce is a cheapskate.  What a joke.

Yep. Bruce pays the salaries out of his own pocket.

It looks like we low balled the Pack. But let's see what comes out in reports in the next week or so
and see what really happened. Of course, should we even believe THOSE reports when they come
out? So much sloppy reporting on this story.

My very good friend from NY is visiting me here in LA. He is a huge Jets fan and is happy about the
move. But he has also grown to love the Bucs since he went to a Bucs game with me very yea
since  1988. He wanted Favre on the Bucs because he felt the Bucs were closer to going to the
SB.

Oh well. I like Garcia so I'm looking forward to year two under Jeff.

I'm disappointed but I'll be over it tomorrow.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 07, 2008, 01:44:13 AM

i applaud allen. he rightfully recognized that we are a playoff team w/o favre. and that garcia is the team captain/pro bowl QB. the players stand with garcia. bringing favre would have ripped up the lockeroom. i applaud allen for not getting into a bidding war. he threw something out there to see if we could get favre at a discount. If the Jets wont to blow their load for one shot with a diva/1 year hired gun QB let them do so. I'm happy to move forward with Garcia in year 2 of the system.

I'm sure the team will take comfort in this when they are wathcing the playoffs in January

LOL!  you think Favreand the jets wont be enjoying the playoff from their couches?  cry yourself to sleep buddy, favre is gone.........
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why blame Bruce? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools