Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Disappointment « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

: August 07, 2008, 09:28:52 AM

I'm not all that disappointed that Brett Favre won't be playing for us this year due to his skills on the field or Hall of Fame status. I am, however, disappointed that this deal didn't get done for other reasons.

We've got a bit of trouble on our hands after this, I fear. Will Garcia really come back and play for us? If he does will he be able to come in and do the best job possible without his contract situation set and with the right mindset? I'm a little nervous that our starting QB might not be in the right place.

Can Garcia stay healthy for an entire season?

I've never been a huge Favre fan but I was warming to the idea of having him QB our team this year. We still have quite an unsettled spot at QB this year, unfortunately.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 07, 2008, 09:32:45 AM

The impact of the situation will either be lessened or heightened based on what happens in pre season.

If the team comes out sharp in all of their pre season showings this will be a non issue heading into the season.  If they stumble then the questions about what happened with the Favre deal will linger well into the season unfortunately.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 07, 2008, 09:34:41 AM

We've got a bit of trouble on our hands after this, I fear. Will Garcia really come back and play for us? If he does will he be able to come in and do the best job possible without his contract situation set and with the right mindset?

If you know Garcia, you know this really isn't an issue. When he's on the field, he's going to give 100%.

Now that's the important question. Let's get Luke ready to start some games this season.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 07, 2008, 09:36:34 AM

Will Garcia really come back and play for us?

He will because he is a competitor and this probably his final season.

I hope he can but if he can't bring in Luke!

Baghead #2

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 07, 2008, 09:37:13 AM

Dagum DTG we had about the same thoughts there!

Baghead #2

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 07, 2008, 09:38:25 AM

Ron and Ian was saying yesturday something to the fact that if the Bucs dont get Favre, Garcia will lose all trust in Gruden.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 07, 2008, 09:40:15 AM

Ron and Ian was saying yesturday something to the fact that if the Bucs dont get Favre, Garcia will lose all trust in Gruden.

Like Garcia is a 25 year old youngster at QB...

Garcia will play his butt off for his teammates if anything. That is what makes Garcia who he is.

Baghead #2

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 07, 2008, 09:40:25 AM

Garcia has been through a lot throughout his career.  In San Fran, he had to deal with Terrell Owens and the “rat” situation.  In Philadelphia, the Fans loved him and the team didn’t want him back due to a possible controversy.  In Tampa, it seems the fans hate him despite him Quarterbacking the team to the playoffs.  I feel Jeff will be able to overcome this, but remember he is only human and I’m sure he is a emotionally hurt.  I think he’ll get over it, but it certainly hurt the Garcia’s morale which in turn will hurt the teams morale if he “Shawn Andrews” the situation and lets it stick with him.

I think the bigger question will be if he can stay healthy.  If he plays though, I think were still a playoff caliber team.  It’s unfortunate though according to Faulk/Jamie Dukes that we can’t leap frog the Panthers to get into 2nd place now that we don’t have Favre.
 ::)

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 07, 2008, 09:43:24 AM

It was pretty clear yesturday that Marshall Faulk doesnt have a clue what he's talking about.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 07, 2008, 09:44:40 AM

I still cant believe we missed out on this deal. 

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

noopy2237

Starter
#10 : August 07, 2008, 09:50:13 AM

I have faith that Garcia will play hard this season.  How many games is another story so get Luke prepared.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#11 : August 07, 2008, 09:55:58 AM

Always a bridesmaid never a bride.... How many times are we, myself mostly going to fall for Bruce Allen's shtick.   

Not that I am in any way denigrating his ability as a GM, but now it's become painfully obvious that he's a chronic window shopper... and he certainly, isn't afraid to get outbid.  He dangles every free agent on the market in our faces.  Has there been a trade or free agent that hasn't been associated with The Bucs in the last 2 years?  From Charles Woodson, to Asante Samuel and now Brett Favre.  I'm starting to think he just likes to see the word "Bucs" in print. 

It would be nice to once and while to eat one of these carrots he keeps dangling.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 07, 2008, 09:58:28 AM

Always a bridesmaid never a bride.... How many times are we, myself mostly going to fall for Bruce Allen's shtick.   

Not that I am in any way denigrating his ability as a GM, but now it's become painfully obvious that he's a chronic window shopper... and he certainly, isn't afraid to get outbid.  He dangles every free agent on the market in our faces.  Has there been a trade or free agent that hasn't been associated with The Bucs in the last 2 years?  From Charles Woodson, to Asante Samuel and now Brett Favre.  I'm starting to think he just likes to see the word "Bucs" in print. 

It would be nice to once and while to eat one of these carrots he keeps dangling.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 07, 2008, 09:59:41 AM

I still cant believe we missed out on this deal.

We missed out on over compensating for another 38 year old QB with one MAYBE 2 years left. Besides, the pack was not going to keep him in the NFC....

Baghead #2

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#14 : August 07, 2008, 10:13:32 AM

I think Favre is one and done in New York...

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Disappointment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools