Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Disappointment « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 07, 2008, 01:22:33 PM

You know what's really disappointing...If you hate the Jets like I do then you know that this season's NFL news and many primetime games are going to be filled with Jets highlights and games now.

Now the spotlight has turned off and the national media can go back to predicting a 6-10 season for our Buccaneers.

Actually no....they are saying 5-11 now.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 07, 2008, 01:23:23 PM

Even better.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 07, 2008, 01:25:48 PM

You know what's really disappointing...If you hate the Jets like I do then you know that this season's NFL news and many primetime games are going to be filled with Jets highlights and games now.

Now the spotlight has turned off and the national media can go back to predicting a 6-10 season for our Buccaneers.

LOL - they will be wrong - again...

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 07, 2008, 01:43:02 PM

Apparently, the "WIN NOW" philosophy has taken a back seat to the future of the franchise, and that's not a bad thing at all. It means we stick to leaning on the defense and the up-and-coming running game keeping the pressure off of Garcia to carry us..

But the disappontment for me lies in the missed opportunity. We won't regress on offense because Favre isnt coming here, but we could've been a better offense if he did..

And it also begs the question, how much pressure does this put on the rest of our QBs?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 07, 2008, 01:46:21 PM

And it also begs the question, how much pressure does this put on the rest of our QBs?

I will be watching them closely in the pre season contests.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 07, 2008, 01:53:23 PM

I will be watching them closely in the pre season contests.

Me too. That kind of scrutiny is probably going to be widespread amongst Buc fans in search of a good reason why Allen didn't pull the trigger...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 07, 2008, 01:53:42 PM

Apparently, the "WIN NOW" philosophy has taken a back seat to the future of the franchise

I disagree here, as we still have Garcia undisputed at the helm

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 07, 2008, 01:55:33 PM

I was going to watch carefully as well - to see if McCown could show improvement, if Garcia can make the O run better, if Griese could really play in the NFL... Please guys - this is silly.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 07, 2008, 01:58:41 PM

The reality is that the Bucs were not willing to part ways with a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick under any circumstance. They would rather draft youth and build the future than get another old QB in order to win an extra 3-4 games a season now.

It is also obvious that Garcia is not in Tampa Bay's long term plans.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 07, 2008, 02:11:21 PM

Apparently, the "WIN NOW" philosophy has taken a back seat to the future of the franchise

I disagree here, as we still have Garcia undisputed at the helm

Yea we do, but he's not, nor has ever been, the type of QB who can carry a team to the SB. Even when he had good teams around him in SF and Philly..

It's just speculative on my part, but I think he's just here to run the show until we find a genuine long term answer. And if our defense should return to the '02 form that allowed us to win the SB in spite of our QB, then that's a bonus..

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#40 : August 07, 2008, 04:41:29 PM

And we've been looking for that long term answer since the beginning of time.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The Disappointment « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools