Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

stereochemistry

Pro Bowler

: December 20, 2006, 09:27:37 PM

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but any attempt to mention LJ and Caddy in any type of comparison is utterly nonsensical and ridiculous.

Exactly.  For one, LJ will actually lobby for carries, calling out the offensive scheme when he doesn't get touches.  Caddy doesn't do that.

Plus, LJ will follow that up a few weeks later by saying "We're running the ball too much, we've got to mix it up".  Always adapting to the situation, that's LJ for ya.

Hey, maybe we can get him to be our offensive coordinator.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2006, 12:53:42 PM

Looks like extension talks have ground to a halt in Kansas City for Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez. Let's hope the Chiefs are unable to sign these guys before the FA period opens. Those two players will command huge dollars and a lot of attention in free agency, meaning other teams will break their banks to sign them while the Bucs will be hunting in other waters.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#2 : December 20, 2006, 12:56:02 PM

link? I believe you but like to read the articles to these types of rumors.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 20, 2006, 12:56:19 PM

It would not suprise me if the Bucs went after Gonzo.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#4 : December 20, 2006, 12:58:34 PM

Good.  Let them go.  Then we can gobble up Thomas, June, or Briggs.  Then maybe Justin Smith and Michael Lewis.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#5 : December 20, 2006, 01:00:53 PM

I have a feeling the Bears will franchise Briggs.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#6 : December 20, 2006, 01:02:57 PM

I don't think we should go after Gonzo.  I want them to contine to develop Smith.  The kid has hands, he's humble, he works hard, and has youth on his side.  I love Gonzo.  But don't want to make this his last big payday.  If we could get him on the cheap as a veteran who wants to win and help some rooks then cool.  I'd rather see him making big bucks elsewhere.  He'd be a luxury in FA rather than a need...IMO

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#7 : December 20, 2006, 01:03:38 PM

I have a feeling the Bears will franchise Briggs.

As well they should...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 20, 2006, 01:06:41 PM

Remember when the Chiefs were supposedly trying to trade us Larry Johnson for Keenan McCardell?    We should have made that move.   Johnson is better than Colmer.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 20, 2006, 01:08:23 PM

I don't think we pursue Gonzo either, too old...

Briggs, I don't know guys! The bears probably aren't going to dish out that much money to 2 LB's and I don't think they would Franchise tag him either, to pay him that much and have to come back and deal with the same mess. Briggs wants to get paid and be the man and he can't do either in Chicago long term and the Bears know this and so does Briggs.

Baghead #2

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#10 : December 20, 2006, 01:10:22 PM

Do you think Briggs is going to ask for as much money as Urlacher?  Do you think the BEars think they can't win with a defense heavy team?

I think he will tagged because of both of these things.  You let Briggs go, and then who do they sign?  June to replace Briggs?

If the Bears let Briggs go, they are insane.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 20, 2006, 01:12:04 PM

Johnson is better than Colmer.

Its a close call, but I will agree.   :P

#12 : December 20, 2006, 02:19:24 PM

Larry Johnson is good, but any idiot knows that he is great because of that KC line.

You mean that line with Kyle Turley as the OT, that rebuilt line?

Rebuilt line is right Dal. LJ is more than just good. He's the perfect combination of vision, patience, size and speed.

Mohawkbucs

Starter

#13 : December 20, 2006, 01:13:46 PM

we should go after LJ, hehe, we would have the best running game money can buy!

ive heard Briggs will get signed because urlacher is taking a pay cut to keep him on the team

Cato June and Nate clements im hoping will be bucs

Balls Out

Starter
#14 : December 20, 2006, 01:14:33 PM

I don't think we should go after Gonzo.  I want them to contine to develop Smith.  The kid has hands, he's humble, he works hard, and has youth on his side.  I love Gonzo.  But don't want to make this his last big payday.  If we could get him on the cheap as a veteran who wants to win and help some rooks then cool.  I'd rather see him making big bucks elsewhere.  He'd be a luxury in FA rather than a need...IMO

Agreed....Smith is going to be good for many years to come, we just need to utilize him on a more consistent basis IMO.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools