Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 20, 2006, 01:14:48 PM

Do you think Briggs is going to ask for as much money as Urlacher? Do you think the BEars think they can't win with a defense heavy team?

I think he will tagged because of both of these things. You let Briggs go, and then who do they sign? June to replace Briggs?

If the Bears let Briggs go, they are insane.

I'm no capologist, but you know you have to pay the piper at some point and time...Plus they may come up with something creative that will catch his eye.  Plus you don't know what kind of guy Briggs is...is he Derrick Brooks and wants to stay with one team or is he K. Mac looking for the grip?  There's the real inside story.  You figure that out coupled with some salary cap info and you know if the Bears can resign Briggs.  

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#16 : December 20, 2006, 01:15:09 PM

It would not suprise me if the Bucs went after Gonzo.

It would surprise me for sure...I think they like Alex Smith, and TE is not a spot that they want to throw alot of money at.  Alex Smith is, considering the QB situation this year, progressing quite well.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#17 : December 20, 2006, 01:17:04 PM

Do you think Briggs is going to ask for as much money as Urlacher? Do you think the BEars think they can't win with a defense heavy team?

I think he will tagged because of both of these things. You let Briggs go, and then who do they sign? June to replace Briggs?

Briggs does want Urlacher $$$, that is their problem. He wants to get paid on his production, which last year was a tackle higher than Urlachers. That is their problem. I don't know but I don't see the Bears tying up that much money in 2 LB's. That can't pay what he wants and so what if they tag him, they have to revisit this mess next year all over again, delaying the inevitable...

Baghead #2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : December 20, 2006, 01:21:13 PM

Briggs does want Urlacher $$$, that is their problem. He wants to get paid on his production, which last year was a tackle higher than Urlachers. That is their problem. I don't know but I don't see the Bears tying up that much money in 2 LB's. That can't pay what he wants and so what if they tag him, they have to revisit this mess next year all over again, delaying the inevitable...

If they tag him, they'll have to pay him Urlacher money. Right now, Briggs is making $700k, and Urlacher $4 million.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 20, 2006, 01:23:32 PM

Briggs had about 106 tackles, iirc, and Urlacher had about 120 or so.

And Briggs is woefully underpaid, and will get a nice pay day.  The Bears will have no problem paying him what he is worth, IMO.

And no, Briggs will not command Urlacher money.  Urlacher is marketable, a fan favorite amongst the regulars.  Briggs won't walk away from Chi-Town.  It is a defense heavy team, and they will go with it.  Their offense, while somewhat misleading, is quite productive.

quezilla

Hall of Famer
#20 : December 20, 2006, 01:24:59 PM

Larry Johnson is good, but any idiot knows that he is great because of that KC line.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#21 : December 20, 2006, 01:26:05 PM

Briggs had about 106 tackles, iirc, and Urlacher had about 120 or so.

And Briggs is woefully underpaid, and will get a nice pay day. The Bears will have no problem paying him what he is worth, IMO.

And no, Briggs will not command Urlacher money. Urlacher is marketable, a fan favorite amongst the regulars. Briggs won't walk away from Chi-Town. It is a defense heavy team, and they will go with it. Their offense, while somewhat misleading, is quite productive.

We will have to see how this thing pans out. The stats are correct that you gave but I could have swore that I saw their finally game and they were battling to get on the field because it was so close in terms of total tackles for the season and I could have swore he beat Urlacher out but I guess according to NFL.com that was not the case.

We shall see one way or another but I think he leaves, JMHO.

Baghead #2

#22 : December 20, 2006, 01:26:34 PM

Larry Johnson is good, but any idiot knows that he is great because of that KC line.
Except for the idiot that will woefully overpay him if he hits the market

Bucsvp

Rookie

#23 : December 20, 2006, 01:27:47 PM

We should spend all our free agent money on TE's and QB's and draft nothing but TE's and QB's maybe then we can find one that's up to Gruden's standards.
 :-

#24 : December 20, 2006, 01:50:23 PM

Looks like extension talks have ground to a halt in Kansas City for Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez. Let's hope the Chiefs are unable to sign these guys before the FA period opens. Those two players will command huge dollars and a lot of attention in free agency, meaning other teams will break their banks to sign them while the Bucs will be hunting in other waters.

I wasn't aware that LJ was a free agent.... he signed a 7 yr deal as a rookie.... was he somehow able to void the remaining years?

4bucs

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 20, 2006, 01:53:48 PM

briggs can play golf all winter in tampa and go fishing or to the beach ,don't think for one minute that we won't have a flock of fas banging down the door.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#26 : December 20, 2006, 01:56:48 PM

Briggs' agent is Drew Rosenhaus, I believe. Chev, get on the horn and get the inside skinny! Briggs has soured a little on the Bears after sitting out some of training camp to send his message that he believes he should get Urlacher money. He deserves a huge pay raise, but don't know if he'll get it from the Bears. I think there's some hurt feelings simmering under the surface with him regarding management.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#27 : December 20, 2006, 02:07:41 PM

You mean that line with Kyle Turley as the OT, that rebuilt line?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#28 : December 20, 2006, 02:28:09 PM

I have a hard time believing the Bears will just let Briggs walk away. Yes they would spend a lot on two line backers, but without both of those linebackers that D isn't nearly as good, and the Bears have the space. You don't just let players like that walk away if you don't have to.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#29 : December 20, 2006, 02:30:55 PM

How stupid are we to not trade Keenan for LJ.  And we were the ones who turned him down!  I think about that trade periodically, actually.

As far as FA goes.  I don't want to see one huge player with nothing else.  I would rather bring in some good, and maybe one great, then one major name.  I think we should target June or Briggs, then go after Justin Smith to replace Simeon while we draft someone else to groom.  Then maybe we bring in Michael Lewis at Safety.  I would love to see us grab Adalius Thomas though.  It's a shame that won't happen.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools