Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#30 : December 20, 2006, 03:24:09 PM

I'm not sure why anybody would want a LB off of that Indy defense (June). Hell, Rudi J ran right thru him when he tried to go head on last Monday. Doesn't quite fit the one-hit one-kill tackling mentality this defense thrives on.

I like Briggs or Thomas though. Either one is a no-brainer if we have any shot at all..

FsuBucs1

Practice Squad

#31 : December 20, 2006, 03:51:31 PM

Looks like extension talks have ground to a halt in Kansas City for Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez. Let's hope the Chiefs are unable to sign these guys before the FA period opens. Those two players will command huge dollars and a lot of attention in free agency, meaning other teams will break their banks to sign them while the Bucs will be hunting in other waters.

I wasn't aware that LJ was a free agent.... he signed a 7 yr deal as a rookie.... was he somehow able to void the remaining years?

He's not..he just wants more $$$ and a new deal.

Briggs isn't going to leave, they will tag him or resign him. Urlacher already said he would rework his contract inorder to resign Briggs.
Move on..sign Clements and draft Buster Davis.

#32 : December 20, 2006, 03:55:48 PM

Looks like extension talks have ground to a halt in Kansas City for Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez. Let's hope the Chiefs are unable to sign these guys before the FA period opens. Those two players will command huge dollars and a lot of attention in free agency, meaning other teams will break their banks to sign them while the Bucs will be hunting in other waters.

I wasn't aware that LJ was a free agent.... he signed a 7 yr deal as a rookie.... was he somehow able to void the remaining years?

He's not..he just wants more $$$ and a new deal.

Briggs isn't going to leave, they will tag him or resign him. Urlacher already said he would rework his contract inorder to resign Briggs.
Move on..sign Clements and draft Buster Davis.

As well he should.

zed

Pro Bowler

#33 : December 20, 2006, 04:24:32 PM

How stupid are we to not trade Keenan for LJ.  And we were the ones who turned him down!  I think about that trade periodically, actually.

LJ wouldn't want to play for Gruden anyway, he's white, remember???

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : December 20, 2006, 05:15:23 PM

How stupid are we to not trade Keenan for LJ.  And we were the ones who turned him down!  I think about that trade periodically, actually.

The #1 Message board response to the trade proposal at the time:  "Who would want to trade for that crybaby?  And all PSU RBs are automatically busts, just like UF receivers".

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : December 20, 2006, 05:17:52 PM

The #1 Message board response to the trade proposal at the time:  "Who would want to trade for that crybaby?  And all PSU RBs are automatically busts, just like UF receivers".

Why does the fact that all us out here made a mistake change the fact that those "experts who know better" did as well?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#36 : December 20, 2006, 05:18:05 PM

LJ is extremely overrated.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : December 20, 2006, 05:20:20 PM

Can I get 1900 yards and 15 TD's worth of overrated right here please?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#38 : December 20, 2006, 05:25:49 PM

Based on what ??? ??? ???

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#39 : December 20, 2006, 05:30:02 PM

The #1 Message board response to the trade proposal at the time: "Who would want to trade for that crybaby? And all PSU RBs are automatically busts, just like UF receivers".

Why does the fact that all us out here made a mistake change the fact that those "experts who know better" did as well?

Don't get me wrong, I was screaming for LJ.  And I think it was a horrible call by the FO, especially when you factor the ultimate result of the compensation (Colmer).  I was just pointing out that at the time, LJ didn't have a lot of fans.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#40 : December 20, 2006, 05:42:24 PM

Can I get 1900 yards and 15 TD's worth of overrated right here please?

LOL!

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : December 20, 2006, 06:08:16 PM

LJ is the most overrated RB in the NFL hands down.

LT has 1626 yards with 310 attempts.
LJ has 1516 yards with 352 attempts.
Gore has 1491 yards with 271 attempts.
Barber has 1357 yards with 288 attempts.
Paker has 1331 yards with 287 attempts.

*LJ has the most attempts in all of the NFL.

*His longest run so far is 47 yards and that is with so many attempts.

*People talk about LJ's performance in week 8 when he had 3 TD's for 155 yards and people neglect to point that he did so with 39 attempts.

LJ is overrated. Nothing is there to me that indicates he is elite.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : December 20, 2006, 06:14:16 PM

LJ is the most overrated RB in the NFL hands down.

LT has 1626 yards with 310 attempts.
LJ has 1516 yards with 352 attempts.
Gore has 1491 yards with 271 attempts.
Barber has 1357 yards with 288 attempts.
Paker has 1331 yards with 287 attempts.

*LJ has the most attempts in all of the NFL.

*His longest run so far is 47 yards and that is with so many attempts.

*People talk about LJ's performance in week 8 when he had 3 TD's for 155 yards and people neglect to point that he did so with 39 attempts.

LJ is overrated. Nothing is there to me that indicates he is elite.

I'd trade Caddy for him in a heartbeat.  And that's not a knock on Caddy.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : December 20, 2006, 06:15:39 PM

Carnell and LJ are the same players in a sense.  They are not elite but a step lower.  But they can produce IF you give them the carries. 

Without the carries LJ and Carnell look ordinary.  Flip a coin as to which you would want. 

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#44 : December 20, 2006, 06:16:54 PM

Carnell and LJ are the same players in a sense. They are not elite but a step lower. But they can produce IF you give them the carries.

Without the carries LJ and Carnell are the same players.

Except LJ can catch  ;)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools