Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#75 : December 21, 2006, 09:02:09 AM

The argument with LJ was well Priest ran behind that line too so it must have been the line. Thing is that line suffered some huge hits in the offseason and LJ is still putting up crazy numbers and hasn't had a dominating pass game to support him. He's really friggin' good.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#76 : December 21, 2006, 09:36:30 AM

The argument with LJ was well Priest ran behind that line too so it must have been the line. Thing is that line suffered some huge hits in the offseason and LJ is still putting up crazy numbers and hasn't had a dominating pass game to support him. He's really friggin' good.

You consider those crazy numbers with the number of attempts he has had?   I certainly do not. 

No what is really friggin good is the Chiefs run blocking scheme and coaching along that o-line.  Jordan Black at LT? Enough said.  Compare to that to Muir and it makes Muir look like a bumbling fool.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#77 : December 21, 2006, 09:47:57 AM

You consider those crazy numbers with the number of attempts he has had?   I certainly do not. 

4.3 ypc is a healthy respectable figure. I mean he's not the Errict "3.3 ypc" Rhett Plan or anything. All his carries being high shows me is that he's a workhorse and i like that.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#78 : December 21, 2006, 09:49:57 AM

4.3 ypc is a healthy respectable figure. I mean he's not the Errict "3.3 ypc" Rhett Plan or anything. All his carries being high shows me is that he's a workhorse and i like that.

Healthy, respectable yes.  LJ is a workhorse but I have a problem with people calling him elite (I believe no one has called him that in this thread).  Maybe if he puts up a few more years like what he has accomplished thus far maybe and even then that is debatable (Eg Terrell Davis).

#79 : December 21, 2006, 09:56:56 AM

I'm calling him elite.

Michael Turner(backup for Ladanian) averages 6.4 yards per carry... does that mean that Ladanian is merely a product of his offensive line as well?

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#80 : December 21, 2006, 10:02:16 AM

I'm calling him elite.

Michael Turner(backup for Ladanian) averages 6.4 yards per carry... does that mean that Ladanian is merely a product of his offensive line as well?

Despite having more carries (300+) LT has a 5.2 average which is not far behind from Turner's and Turner does not even have 100 attempts.  Compared to LJ...LT blows him out of the water.  But is not fair to compare LJ to LT becuase we already know that LT is elite.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#81 : December 21, 2006, 05:45:30 PM

I'm calling him elite.

Despite having more carries (300+) LT has a 5.2 average which is not far behind from Turner's and Turner does not even have 100 attempts. Compared to LJ...LT blows him out of the water. But is not fair to compare LJ to LT becuase we already know that LT is elite.

Ok, but in nearly HALF the starts last year LJ outperformed LT.  So since LT is having a crazy good year this year LJ is not elite?  I am not buying that argument.  The ironic thing is last year LJ outperformed LT, and his ypc was 5.2 to 4.3.  This year they have pretty much flip flopped as LT now has a 5.2 avg and LJ has a 4.3.

SO does that mean last year LJ was elite and LT was not, and this year LT is elite and LJ is not?  By your standards that would appear to be true. 

In reality both are elite backs, plain and simple.  If you are saying LT is the standard for an elite back based on his numbers this year, well then pretty much NO back is elite or really ever has been. 

We already know LT is elite?  Did he just attain that status?  By your standards last year (4.3 ypc) and the year before (3.9 ypc) he would not be elite right?  Both are equal to or worse than LJ this year......

I wish I had a RB who is having a "bad" year in which people claim he falls from elite status and still finishes with around 20+ TD's, 1800 yards, and a 4.3 ypc. 

LOL.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Well, talks have stalled « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools