Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get over it « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 07, 2008, 10:28:00 AM

Why?  Are points on the ground no longer allowed in football?

Geez, now it matters how points are scored? ROFLMAO!!!!
There are only so many points available via rushing. The Bucs had 15 rushing TDs. The best rushing team in the NFL had 22. The next best had 19. The Bucs had 18 passing TDs (tied with the Bears, Falcons, and Redskins). The best passing team in the NFL had 50. The next best had 36. Tell me which side of the ball the Bucs have the most opportunity to improve?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 07, 2008, 10:33:05 AM

Why?  Are points on the ground no longer allowed in football?

There are only so many points available via rushing. The Bucs had 15 rushing TDs. The best rushing team in the NFL had 22. The next best had 19. The Bucs had 18 passing TDs (tied with the Bears, Falcons, and Redskins). The best passing team in the NFL had 50. The next best had 36. Tell me which side of the ball the Bucs have the most opportunity to improve?

With the personnel we have and an emerging oline I'd say running the ball...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 07, 2008, 10:41:11 AM

Why? Are points on the ground no longer allowed in football?

OK. Can we agree since the Bucs don't have Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Jim Kleinsasser, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk, they aren't going to score 22 rushing TDs? If we can agree on that we can set 19 rushing TDs as their realistic ceiling. That's 4 more TDs than what they already had, which translates to 1.75 more points per game. Only 2 of the Bucs' 8 losses were by less than 7 points. 4 more rushing TDs isn't going to be enough to get them over the hump if the passing game doesn't pick up by at least as much.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 07, 2008, 10:51:22 AM

That's some fuzzy math there FRG...you have no idea how this season will play out.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 07, 2008, 10:53:25 AM

OK. Can we agree since the Bucs don't have Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Jim Kleinsasser, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk, they aren't going to score 22 rushing TDs?

No, I don't think we can do that. How can we? Crystal balls?

If we can agree on that we can set 19 rushing TDs as their realistic ceiling. That's 4 more TDs than what they already had, which translates to 1.75 more points per game. Only 2 of the Bucs' 8 losses were by less than 7 points. 4 more rushing TDs isn't going to be enough to get them over the hump if the passing game doesn't pick up by at least as much.

Sounds like fuzzy math to me.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 07, 2008, 10:54:24 AM

Why? Are points on the ground no longer allowed in football?

OK. Can we agree since the Bucs don't have Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Jim Kleinsasser, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk, they aren't going to score 22 rushing TDs? If we can agree on that we can set 19 rushing TDs as their realistic ceiling. That's 4 more TDs than what they already had, which translates to 1.75 more points per game. Only 2 of the Bucs' 8 losses were by less than 7 points. 4 more rushing TDs isn't going to be enough to get them over the hump if the passing game doesn't pick up by at least as much.

Don't forget their marvelous QB who will make sure they have ten men in the box this year.  Can't wait to see that!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 07, 2008, 11:00:28 AM

No kidding Chev. Good point. Who the hell is afraid of Tarvaris Jackson?

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#22 : August 07, 2008, 11:00:54 AM

Someone always no more than the HC while sitting at their desk

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 07, 2008, 11:05:34 AM

I like Peterson.  He's a beast. If he can run wild again this year with that QB and the box full of defenders then I'll bow down...

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 07, 2008, 11:06:03 AM

Don't forget their marvelous QB who will make sure they have ten men in the box this year.  Can't wait to see that!!!
So how many more rushing TDs do you expect out of the Bucs in 2008? I've already said I think 19 is the ceiling.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 07, 2008, 11:17:31 AM

Unlike you I don't put a ceiling on this team in any area. I think our oline is that good.  Personally I don't want to limit them in anyway...

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 07, 2008, 11:17:45 AM

But we aren't weak enough at QB to pay a premium for him.

This will be determined with the pre season games and how the QB's play.
#20 in TD passes in 2007 (tied with Falcons, Bears, and Redskins) would indicate a bit of a weakness.

contrary to what you think, we arent a passing team.  we are a ball control offense that relies on defense and running the ball to win games.  that is the formula.  look at the the money and draft picks spent on the o-line.  gruden wants to pound the rock.  the objective of the QB position isnt to win games, its to avoid losing them, at least that is the objective in this scheme.  avoiding turnovers is even more important that tossing a high number of tds.  
1-8 in games where the opponent scores more than 14 points. The Bucs don't have Warren Sapp, Simeon Rice, Hardy Nickerson, John Lynch, young Derrick Brooks, and young Ronde Barber anymore. They need points through the air.

points are points regardless if whether we get then rushing or passing.  we haven't had lynch, sapp, nickerson, young barber and young brooks in years and look ay where our defense is consistently ranked. 

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 07, 2008, 11:20:22 AM

Unlike you I don't put a ceiling on this team in any area. I think our oline is that good. Personally I don't want to limit them in anyway...
So you're fine with another 18 passing TDs? I'm not.

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 07, 2008, 11:23:20 AM

as long as we win games i could care less if we throw 10 tds.  this isnt fantasy football. 

InlandTaipan

Practice Squad

#29 : August 07, 2008, 11:24:31 AM

Unlike you I don't put a ceiling on this team in any area. I think our oline is that good. Personally I don't want to limit them in anyway...
So you're fine with another 18 passing TDs? I'm not.

And what is it that you're going to do to change it so that you are happy?
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get over it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools