Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get over it « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 07, 2008, 11:25:10 AM

points are points regardless if whether we get then rushing or passing.
How many rushing TDs do you think the Bucs are capable of in 2008?

we haven't had lynch, sapp, nickerson, young barber and young brooks in years and look ay where our defense is consistently ranked.
And it's only been good enough to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs and routinely slaughtered by the good teams in the regular season. I personally would like to see the team take the next step and clearly the passing offense has the most room for improvement.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 07, 2008, 11:28:36 AM

Ok, moving on...

Man I can't wait for the Bucs D to crush Aaron Rodgers and the Pack on Sept. 28!

I'm going to start the tailgate especially early for that one now.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 07, 2008, 11:29:20 AM

My point is number one I'm not limiting this team in any way especially based on last year.  Can't do it too many variables.  As far as scoring I don't care if we win 9-7 every game and score one TD and a safety every game.  I WANT TO WIN.  Period.  If we throw 80 TD's I'm thrilled.  If we run that many I'm thrilled.  So who cares where the points come from as long as we win...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 07, 2008, 11:30:37 AM

Im more concerned about how many TDs Graham and company are going to get this year than Garcia. We need to run the ball well regardless who is at QB.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 07, 2008, 11:31:29 AM

Personally, I believe the Bucs are fully capable of more rushing TD's in 2008 than they had the year they won the Super Bowl.

miamicanes04

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 07, 2008, 11:32:41 AM

I believe enough in Bruce Allen to know that there arent many of us who can do his job. I have full confidence in Bruce and Jon.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 07, 2008, 11:50:50 AM

Personally, I believe the Bucs are fully capable of more rushing TD's in 2008 than they had the year they won the Super Bowl.
Exactly my point. It makes more sense to expect more out of the part of the offense that underperformed by league average last season (passing) than to expect the part that exceeded expectations to exceed them even more (running). It's like Dungyball, why ask more from the defense, which was already good, instead of making the offense not suck anymore?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 07, 2008, 11:52:38 AM

Yeah lets see how we get over it once Garcia is out 3 or 4 games

rpc1978

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 07, 2008, 11:56:05 AM

then we plug in griese or luke.  that is why we traded for griese and we are high on luke.  brett isnt the savior.  cripes sakes, i'm sure jet favre jerseys will be on sale soon so some of you cats can go fight over them. 

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 07, 2008, 11:58:35 AM

then we plug in griese or luke.  that is why we traded for griese and we are high on luke.  brett isnt the savior.  cripes sakes, i'm sure jet favre jerseys will be on sale soon so some of you cats can go fight over them. 

They were on sale last night on the jets website. you could't get into the store because too many people were on the site

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 07, 2008, 12:01:33 PM

Why? Are points on the ground no longer allowed in football?

Geez, now it matters how points are scored? ROFLMAO!!!!
There are only so many points available via rushing. The Bucs had 15 rushing TDs. The best rushing team in the NFL had 22. The next best had 19. The Bucs had 18 passing TDs (tied with the Bears, Falcons, and Redskins). The best passing team in the NFL had 50. The next best had 36. Tell me which side of the ball the Bucs have the most opportunity to improve?

With the personnel we have and an emerging oline I'd say running the ball...
OK. Can we agree since the Bucs don't have Adrian Peterson, Chester Taylor, Jim Kleinsasser, Bryant McKinnie, Steve Hutchinson, and Matt Birk, they aren't going to score 22 rushing TDs? If we can agree on that we can set 19 rushing TDs as their realistic ceiling. That's 4 more TDs than what they already had, which translates to 1.75 more points per game. Only 2 of the Bucs' 8 losses were by less than 7 points. 4 more rushing TDs isn't going to be enough to get them over the hump if the passing game doesn't pick up by at least as much.
A successful ground attack accomplishes two things. It scores points and it allows less time for the opponent to score points. Faine, Dunn, and Bennett, will help Graham do exactly that. The "experts" write off our receiving corps as no real threat. They're wrong. They're just unknown for the most part, and that's fine with me. Let our opponents focus on Galloway and get burned by our backs, TEs, and WRs who are just starting to make a name for themselves on this offense.

This team is not likely to win the SB, but I am confident they will win the division in impressive fashion. I believe they will be a top 6 or 7 rushing attack. I believe they will be a top 10 to 12 in passing and a top 5 Defense. Last season we had several players on offense and Defense that came out of the shadows and played beyond all expectations. They're all still here and they will be joined by more unknowns who are just waiting for their chance. This team has too much talent and depth to crash and burn. The QB position killed us in '06. That can't happen this year. We lost our #1 and #2 RBs and Graham carried the load. He won't have to do it alone in '08.

For the first time since Gruden arrived, this team has options at nearly every position. We can all thank Bruce Allen for that. The Bucs will be playing in January IMO.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Get over it « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools