Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If you don't like the way Bruce Allen runs this franchise... « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#60 : August 07, 2008, 10:49:05 AM

I'll be happy to answer your question if you promise to answer mine. Until then...get off our bandwagon.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#61 : August 07, 2008, 10:50:02 AM

This is all about Minn getting Farve.   An unconditional draft pick for this quy.........isn't that  a clue.    This is done yet.

Yes, the Jets are very anxious to give up those 3 first rounders.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#62 : August 07, 2008, 10:52:31 AM

I'll be happy to answer your question if you promise to answer mine. Until then...get off our bandwagon.
What question? Yes.. I will get off the Coach McKay... Richard Williamson... Ray Perkins, Leeman Bennet, Sam Wyche, Tony Dungy, Buccaneers bandwagon, you goof.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#63 : August 07, 2008, 10:53:15 AM

Good. More room for real fans then.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#64 : August 07, 2008, 10:54:49 AM

NO way Jason. With all due respect, the media would have jumped all ove BA for not being interested.

You're right.

I think people sort of know it, but they really don't understand the depth of it: the media has an issue with the powers-that-be with the Bucs and they will take opportunities, subtle or overt, to spin things in a negative way toward them. It stems mostly from several things, notably the way the Bucs FO under McKay used to spoon feed them (and now that they don't), and the whole Tony Dungy/Jon Gruden thing.

If the Bucs had no interest in Favre, then they would have been bashed for NOT being interested in a HOF QB and for relying on an old, undersized, weak-armed, injury-prone Jeff Garcia.

Because the Bucs did have an interest in Favre and didn't land him, they're now being bashed for hurting the feelings of that hard-working, younger than his years, ProBowl QB Jeff Garcia who carried this team to the playoffs last season.

The only real over the top media coverage I saw was from the national media. So you're saying the national
media has an issue with the Bucs' power that be? I didn't think so.

From what I read, the local media covered the story the way they should have. Did the local tv stations go crazy?
I didn't see it so you tell me.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#65 : August 07, 2008, 10:55:43 AM

NO way Jason. With all due respect, the media would have jumped all ove BA for not being interested.

No way. Jason is right. Favre never mentioned us so there wouldn't have been too much media
coverage if the Bucs had said, "We're not interested."

IMO.

No matter what, we are going to be talked about in this kind of situation. We never provoke the hype, it is brought on to us. If Allen said "we aren't interested" who would truly believe it? We would still be one of the possibilities. Instead Allen said nothing and let the media and the fans take it to another level. I mean I agree that a 1st for a Super Bowl is a good deal but no one knows if Favre will play after that year. So if he retires again, we lose a 1st, a QB, and get a 5th. That means that year we might not do so well and go through some bad seasons like we did before. I can understand why he didn't make the deal ( I don't fully agree with it) but I can understand.

And for those who think that Garcia has leverage...he still has as much leverage as he did in the beginning of the off season. It's the last year of his contract and he was threatening with retiring. SO he could retire after this year or we could just not resign him which I could see as a good possibility. Maybe next year is the year we go with someone young whether it's Luke Josh or someone else we draft

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#66 : August 07, 2008, 10:56:36 AM

Did Ira Kaufmann "break" the story that turned out to be completely wrong? Why yes, yes he did. I saw him do it on ESPN News.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#67 : August 07, 2008, 10:59:30 AM

Ohh that made me laugh.... I haven't called once for Bruce Allen to be fired this offseason. Everything they have done has been a-ok by me this offseason. Only pick I didn't like was taking another offensive lineman. But either way.. if you don't fall in line and think Allen/Gruden can do no wrong then you must not me a "real fan". Don't worry.. I will always be a Bucs fan.. regardless of the coach, the GM or the players.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#68 : August 07, 2008, 11:02:07 AM

Wrong, when you're whole reason for existing is to bash the coach, FO or players that tells me all I need to know.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#69 : August 07, 2008, 11:03:08 AM

Ohh that made me laugh.... I haven't called once for Bruce Allen to be fired this offseason. Everything they have done has been a-ok by me this offseason. Only pick I didn't like was taking another offensive lineman. But either way.. if you don't fall in line and think Allen/Gruden can do no wrong then you must not me a "real fan". Don't worry.. I will always be a Bucs fan.. regardless of the coach, the GM or the players.

How many times have you called for him to be fired in the past?

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: If you don't like the way Bruce Allen runs this franchise... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools