Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms wants to play in Tampa again « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

gharen

Pro Bowler

: December 20, 2006, 02:30:39 PM

If I had a dollar for every free agent that said he wanted to stay with the team he was on! Of course he's going to say that, he's trying to keep all his options open.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#1 : December 20, 2006, 01:55:49 PM

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2006-12-19-nfl-notebook_x.htm

#2 : December 20, 2006, 01:58:35 PM

I hope he does

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#3 : December 20, 2006, 02:13:38 PM

COME BACK SIMMS!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#4 : December 20, 2006, 02:16:46 PM

Right now we're the only ones he can tlak with so he best make nice nice. When the crazy money opens we'll see how much he really wants to be here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Shag

Pro Bowler

#5 : December 20, 2006, 02:28:33 PM

Hopefully we can resign him and not have to waste another draft pick replacing a player, like with Thomas Jones and Caddy.

#6 : December 20, 2006, 02:31:31 PM

Right now we're the only ones he can tlak with so he best make nice nice. When the crazy money opens we'll see how much he really wants to be here.

Yeah...good point.

SamoaJoeBucFan

Starter

#7 : December 20, 2006, 02:32:19 PM

Man, I was against it at the beginning, but let's bring him back.  Maybe he can work on that batted ball thing.  And if we get a new head coach, maybe he will instill an offense better suited for Chris Simms.  *Hint, hint*

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 20, 2006, 02:33:24 PM

did you read it? He said hopefull they'll decide weather they'll go through with it in the next two weeks.

FYI I don't want Simms back

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 20, 2006, 02:45:25 PM

I'm not sure what says we want him back either. I mean I know 3 games ins't all of the seaosn but you can't just *thud* like that in 3 games. I mean folks talk about "coming around" but that CAR game wasn't all that good either - it just looked good compared to the horrific games he played in weeks 1 and 2. I can only guess that he looks good compared to all the other options out there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#10 : December 20, 2006, 02:52:47 PM

I'm not sure what says we want him back either. I mean I know 3 games ins't all of the seaosn but you can't just *thud* like that in 3 games. I mean folks talk about "coming around" but that CAR game wasn't all that good either - it just looked good compared to the horrific games he played in weeks 1 and 2. I can only guess that he looks good compared to all the other options out there.

That was my point to those that said he turning the corner. It's like SF QB Alex Smith this year, ANYTHING would look like he's improving if you base it on last year. Simms could only go up from that egg he laid the first 2 games.

Buc Wylde

Hall of Famer

#11 : December 20, 2006, 03:45:18 PM

"I lost 5 pints of blood," Simms says. "Another 45 minutes to an hour … had I just gone to my locker, got dressed and went home, I don't know if I would have made it.

I hope he was talking about 5 TOTAL pints, because if he lost those 5 before getting to the hospital, he'd not only be dead, but looking like a raisin trying to squeeze that 5th pint out. We only have 4 pints in us as it is...

Quote from: Raheem Morris
We got to get better at doing something, and that is what we have to set our focus on and that is something to get better at. That\\\\\\\'s what we are trying to do right now.

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#12 : December 20, 2006, 03:47:18 PM

If he wants to play bad enough he'll take the Bucs offer which would be ok as long as they bring in Garcia or draft a franchise QB in R1.  Hanging the whole season on Simms again like 2006 would be insanity according to the clinical definition.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#13 : December 20, 2006, 03:55:19 PM

Good point for sure...but who's to say he'll get big money.  Who's to say he wants to move to Oakland (just an example, but you get my drift here).  All things being equal, I'd pick Tampa over the funny jump suit, wouldn't you?  What if the league snubs him as a system QB and pull a Ronde Barber on him and comes crawling back?  I know you Simmites want my man back, but I think it's good to let another team set the bar...actually we set the bar with the first offer which everyone is calling peanuts, not knowing what's out there...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

Bucnation619

Second String

#14 : December 20, 2006, 03:57:11 PM

HE LIKE.............+) PLAY WITH BUCS

Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Simms wants to play in Tampa again « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools