Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McKay and Blank criticized in the ATL « previous next »
Page: 1 2

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#15 : December 21, 2006, 10:51:48 AM

I love it the dirty rotten traitor misses out on the big nfl job and now he has to sit and watch what his crazy spending did to the cap there...yes ,yes...up yours mckay.

The only chance McKay had of getting the commish job was in his own mind. He was nowhere close.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#16 : December 22, 2006, 12:47:00 AM

Itch,

You are wating your time. They would rather just rant.

I don't remember anyone complaining when the signings were made. Most thought it was good move at that time. Only when he left did all of a sudden every signing he made was then wrong.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#17 : December 21, 2006, 11:33:47 PM

Shalla,
You are talking about the time right after the Superbowl. I agree that McKay might not have made Gruden's wishes his top priority, but he was resigning people who just won the Superbowl.

And Brad Johnson was horrible in 2003 if you remember.

You say that after the Bucs win the Superbowl, Rich McKay's reaction is to start thinking up some poison pills just so he could leave nine months later is what you call demonization.  I can see him now, with the evil McKay smile, scheming in his office about how to put the poison pills into the team which HIS FATHER COACHED FOR, and who he helped build into winners.  Yeah OK. 

He overpaid Michael Vick in the same fashion. Was he trying to poison pill the Falcons too?

McKay is not pure evil.  He is not a demon.  He is a human.  Here I am once again taking the side of ...... SANITY!

4bucs

Hall of Famer
#18 : December 21, 2006, 08:42:19 PM

bucnut ,thanks I have a way with words,mckay the rotten traitor brings out the worst in me,so do all the scum suckers on 620am mainly Beckles whos on a hate campaign....love to hear this big boob when grudens back next year.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#19 : December 21, 2006, 08:55:43 PM

I don't like the demonization of McKay any more than I like the demonization of Gruden (OK maybe a little bit more). I have always been one that makes fun of McKay sitting up in Flowery Bush flipping burgers.  Making fun of McKay is fun, but lets not forget what its really all about.

Who we really hate are the sportswriters who sat on their asses and depended on McKay for all the "inside scoop".  Then their secret source left town and they got mad because they had to get off their ass and do some work. The sportswriters have never forgiven Gruden and Allen for making them work for a living.

As for McKay, the real truth that people choose not to remember is that McKay busted our cap because we wanted to have a dynasty.   He resigned the players he thought could continue the dynasty.  Nobody was complaining about it back then.  We were all for it.

McKay's crime is that he drank the same koolaid as the fans and he thought we had a dynasty going. He got too big for his britches.  He deserves to be criticized but not demonized.

Rich McKay bashing is not really about Rich McKay, but more about the lazy no-good fat ass suck ups in the Tampa Bay media.

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#20 : December 21, 2006, 09:00:28 PM

Itch.. it's about making fun of McKay and the Falcons for me. I hate the Falcons period.

shall555

Starter

#21 : December 21, 2006, 09:22:02 PM

I don't like the demonization of McKay any more than I like the demonization of Gruden (OK maybe a little bit more). I have always been one that makes fun of McKay sitting up in Flowery Bush flipping burgers.  Making fun of McKay is fun, but lets not forget what its really all about.

Who we really hate are the sportswriters who sat on their asses and depended on McKay for all the "inside scoop".  Then their secret source left town and they got mad because they had to get off their ass and do some work. The sportswriters have never forgiven Gruden and Allen for making them work for a living.

As for McKay, the real truth that people choose not to remember is that McKay busted our cap because we wanted to have a dynasty.   He resigned the players he thought could continue the dynasty.  Nobody was complaining about it back then.  We were all for it.

McKay's crime is that he drank the same koolaid as the fans and he thought we had a dynasty going. He got too big for his britches.  He deserves to be criticized but not demonized.

Rich McKay bashing is not really about Rich McKay, but more about the lazy no-good fat ass suck ups in the Tampa Bay media.

No, McKay's crime is for sabotaging the Bucs cap before he snuck off to a division rival. Intentionally destroying a team on the way out with poison pill after poison pill, was the biggest crime anyone could commit. If he had gone to any other team in the NFL, and left the Bucs cap alone, his departure would have been acceptable, but the techniques he used, the trickery to damage the Bucs cap situation even further, would make Machiavelli proud. Taking away a division rival's ABILITY to be competitive should be downright illegal. Signing Keyshawn to a cap killing extension in 2003, when he knew Gru and KJ hated each other, giving Sim a $20 million dollar signing bonus and extension when it wasn't even needed or warranted in 2003, Sim's contract was fine, signing Booger to a grossly overpaid contract, losing Sapp in the process, screwing up Brad's contract so they had to restructure more players contracts, all of these steps were intentionally pushing the Bucs cap numbers to the $20 - $40 million overages in 2004 and 2005, that McKay would not have to be responsible for. Those type of overages usually lead to roster purges, which is what McKay was hoping for, but Bruce's expert cap manipulation and restructures prevented that from happening. McKay would've loved to see a bloodletting but it didn't happen, and I really bet he was dying inside last year, when we swept the Super Bowl favored Falcs and won the division, even with all the obstacles he created. Eff you, McKay. You snake bastard. Rot in lawyer hell with Culverhouse and the rest of your ilk. LOL.  ;D

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#22 : December 21, 2006, 09:25:17 PM

Arthur Blank held that job open for a reason.

shall555

Starter

#23 : December 21, 2006, 09:30:39 PM

Arthur Blank held that job open for a reason.

He knew he had the Falcons job. It was like McKay was using a 'Scorched Earth' policy. Sickening.

Itchalot

Hall of Famer
#24 : December 21, 2006, 09:04:54 PM

That too.

zellmiller

Hall of Famer

#25 : December 22, 2006, 05:36:29 AM

Shalla,
You are talking about the time right after the Superbowl. I agree that McKay might not have made Gruden's wishes his top priority, but he was resigning people who just won the Superbowl.

And Brad Johnson was horrible in 2003 if you remember.

You say that after the Bucs win the Superbowl, Rich McKay's reaction is to start thinking up some poison pills just so he could leave nine months later is what you call demonization.  I can see him now, with the evil McKay smile, scheming in his office about how to put the poison pills into the team which HIS FATHER COACHED FOR, and who he helped build into winners.  Yeah OK. 

He overpaid Michael Vick in the same fashion. Was he trying to poison pill the Falcons too?

McKay is not pure evil.  He is not a demon.  He is a human.  Here I am once again taking the side of ...... SANITY!

Yes just before he becomes the next commissioner, then he will become  the next President of the US, then he will dominate the world, he is the anti-christ.

Huge ego, not a gruden guy,  doesn't use MIKE.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: McKay and Blank criticized in the ATL « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools