Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia Deserves NO SYMPATHY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8

docbravo

Pro Bowler

: August 08, 2008, 12:50:29 AM

Enough, with the kissing of Jeffrey Garcia's butt! The Bucs do not owe him an explanation. This was a simple business decision. I don't recall anyone going to bat for Chris Simms or Bruce Gradkowski when Jeffrey Signed as a Free Agent last year. Why? Because the organization felt Jeffrey was better than the players who were on the roster at that time. The same logic holds true this time around. The organization felt Brett Favre was better than those players currently on the roster. Right or Wrong, this is what they thought. PERIOD, END OF STORY!

Jeffrey Garcia has been about one thing in the last 5 years....The Money! If he really wanted to be a Buccaneer, he could have signed with us prior taking more money with both Cleveland and Detroit! But they offered him more MONEY and off he went! He had a good season last year (when Healthy), and what do we hear in the off season... "I DIDN'T GET MY MONEY!" Give me a break.

I honestly like what Jeffrey brings to the field for the Bucs, but he needs to stay healthy and go play Ball.

HeyTampaBay

Starter

#1 : August 08, 2008, 03:04:45 AM

Jeffrey huh? Do you know Garcia well enough to call him that? ;) Lol

But uhh, seriously, you have a point, I guess. I dont really think theyowe him an explanation because you're right it is a business but I just don't see why they got so heavily involved with Favre and in the end didn't even get him.

I'm just more concerned about overall team chemistry, not who apologizes to who. But if an explanation or apology to Jeff Garcia can improve the chemistry there or whatever you want to call it then you better believe  it's what should happen... not for the sake of Garcia, our staff, but for the sake of the team.

loweredexpectations

Starter
#2 : August 08, 2008, 06:42:22 AM

Enough, with the kissing of Jeffrey Garcia's butt! The Bucs do not owe him an explanation. This was a simple business decision. I don't recall anyone going to bat for Chris Simms or Bruce Gradkowski when Jeffrey Signed as a Free Agent last year. Why? Because the organization felt Jeffrey was better than the players who were on the roster at that time. The same logic holds true this time around. The organization felt Brett Favre was better than those players currently on the roster. Right or Wrong, this is what they thought. PERIOD, END OF STORY!

Jeffrey Garcia has been about one thing in the last 5 years....The Money! If he really wanted to be a Buccaneer, he could have signed with us prior taking more money with both Cleveland and Detroit! But they offered him more MONEY and off he went! He had a good season last year (when Healthy), and what do we hear in the off season... "I DIDN'T GET MY MONEY!" Give me a break.

I honestly like what Jeffrey brings to the field for the Bucs, but he needs to stay healthy and go play Ball.

well first of all. hes the only quarterback you named who went to a pro bowl. not too mention has started more than 3 seasons. the detroit and cleveland statement is pure blasphemy, both those teams we're in the dump and looking for a quick fix which rooted way deeper than just a QB issue. garcia is garcia. he's no HOF, but definetly a hard nosed vet. i'm not saying he deserved a contract extension, but after the did him dirty at the end of last year and not starting him, he missed out on his million dollar bonus. i can see where he's coming from, look at every other played in the NFL asking for contract extensions and holding out... he's just trying to get a piece of the pie.

#3 : August 08, 2008, 08:07:46 AM

First off.....great take docbravo.

Secondly, Garcia going to the dumps in Cleveland and Detroit only SUPPORTS the fact that the chump went for the money!  There are legitimately guys who want to WIN, even if it means a lower salary.  Those types are few and far between, but they do exist.

No one put a gun to Jeffery's head and forced him to sign his 2-year deal with the Bucs.  He knew he had few seasons left in his brittle body. 

And if Jeffery feels that a 9-7 season warrants him a new deal, he needs to re-think things.  Damn, you'd have thought he took the Bucs deep into the postseason!

Too bad Jeffery was the only one to show up at his own pity party.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 08, 2008, 08:27:06 AM

Garcia better hope he can last 10 games, to be honest i dont see him starting in the opener

loweredexpectations

Starter
#5 : August 08, 2008, 10:07:30 AM

you people are insane.

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 08, 2008, 10:10:05 AM

Agreed.  Lets hope Luke steals the job from Jeff this season.  Either way, I am sure he'll be handed his walking papers after this year.

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 08, 2008, 10:28:38 AM

Wow this board has turned on Garcia since the Favre debacle.

I agree he doesn't deserve simpathy at all. It's a business and Garcia should understand that by now. If not he's emotionally unstable

MBF

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 08, 2008, 10:34:49 AM

Actually, keepon, a lot of people are unhappy about him threatening to retire and complaining about his contract.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 08, 2008, 10:46:02 AM

Actually, keepon, a lot of people are unhappy about him threatening to retire and complaining about his contract.

So if you felt you were healthy and was held out making you miss out on $1M you would keep your mouth shut? Just put yourself in his shoes for just a second.

He showed up to camp and all OTA's that weren't mandatory. He is the best QB on the roster, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Let me say I do wish Bruce would have gave the Packers the deal the Jets did. It wasn't that much compensation.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 08, 2008, 10:50:25 AM

So if you felt you were healthy and was held out making you miss out on $1M you would keep your mouth shut? Just put yourself in his shoes for just a second.
You probably won't believe me but I'd make sure such matters were handled behind closed doors. The way he bought it out to the media really annoyed me.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 08, 2008, 10:52:43 AM

You probably won't believe me but I'd make sure such matters were handled behind closed doors. The way he bought it out to the media really annoyed me.

buy whose to say he didn't during the offseason? Again, let's say you did keep bringing it up behind closed doors and weren't getting anywhere, what would you do in his position?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 08, 2008, 10:57:23 AM

I'd just get on with playing football. I don't really believe that they held him out of games to stop him from getting that bonus. There's plenty of money and they didn't spend it on FA so they had to believe his injury was legit to not play him. Complaining in the media gets you nowhere, especially with Allen as your GM, plus it turns the fans against you.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 08, 2008, 10:59:25 AM

They didn't do it on purpose, I agree.

In Garcia's defense if he did say he was healthy and they held him out taking away $1M I'd be pissed. That's a ton of jack to miss out on at the end of your career.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 08, 2008, 11:00:50 AM

In Garcia's defense if he did say he was healthy and they held him out taking away $1M I'd be pissed. That's a ton of jack to miss out on at the end of your career.
I definitely agree there.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia Deserves NO SYMPATHY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools