Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia Deserves NO SYMPATHY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 08, 2008, 11:04:04 AM

In Garcia's defense if he did say he was healthy and they held him out taking away $1M I'd be pissed. That's a ton of jack to miss out on at the end of your career.

I agree, but Garcia was held out because of the fact that he is a bit fragile, not just to take away $1M.  If Garcia hadn't of gotten hurt, then wouldn't have been a problem.

The team had to do what was best for the team.

#16 : August 08, 2008, 11:35:57 AM

Actually, keepon, a lot of people are unhappy about him threatening to retire and complaining about his contract.

So if you felt you were healthy and was held out making you miss out on $1M you would keep your mouth shut? Just put yourself in his shoes for just a second.

He showed up to camp and all OTA's that weren't mandatory. He is the best QB on the roster, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Let me say I do wish Bruce would have gave the Packers the deal the Jets did. It wasn't that much compensation.

WHo's to say he really was healthy enough?  A lot of people would play with an injury that wasn't fully healed for the extra $$.  Jeff's a money guy, he knows it's a business and the team HAD to look at favre.  It's not like we were trying to pull off a trade for Jake Delhomme, you're talking about Favre.  That's a different animal.  Getting upset about that is like an overweight wife getting upset at her husband for turning an looking when the naked supermodel walks by.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 08, 2008, 11:44:29 AM

WHo's to say he really was healthy enough?  Getting upset about that is like an overweight wife getting upset at her husband for turning an looking when the naked supermodel walks by.

I think it's easy for us to say these things when it's not our $1M dollars.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 08, 2008, 11:50:20 AM

Jeff Garcia is the leader of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lead a team coming off a losing season to a division title and a 9-7 record.  He had an undrafted free agent left tackle in  Penn protecting his blindside (a rookie starting next to him in Sears) along with a lone legit threat in the passing game with Galloway.  Graham isn't Westbrook by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what Garcia had to work with.  And I do not think anyone would confuse Davin Joseph with Shawn Andrews anytime soon.  Garcia deserves a lot more respect than what he is receiving from the fan base considering what he has accomplished in just one year with the team.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 08, 2008, 11:51:54 AM

Jeff Garcia is the leader of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lead a team coming off a losing season to a division title and a 9-7 record.  He had an undrafted free agent left tackle in  Penn protecting his blindside (a rookie starting next to him in Sears) along with a lone legit threat in the passing game with Galloway.  Graham isn't Westbrook by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what Garcia had to work with.  And I do not think anyone would confuse Davin Joseph with Shawn Andrews anytime soon.  Garcia deserves a lot more respect than what he is receiving from the fan base considering what he has accomplished in just one year with the team.

Sometimes I simply don't believe the things you write. This is one of those times.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 08, 2008, 12:00:08 PM

Sometimes I simply don't believe the things you write. This is one of those times.

Explain?

How am I wrong with my post?

MBF

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 08, 2008, 12:04:18 PM

Explain?

You're acting like someone forced him to sign, when he signed here of his own free will. Stop making a martyr out of him.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 08, 2008, 12:07:16 PM

Explain?

You're acting like someone forced him to sign, when he signed here of his own free will. Stop making a martyr out of him.

How am I making a martyr out of him?  He isn't taking a dirt nap yet?

I am just stating the obvious which is lost sometimes in all the shuffling.  If you feel another QB on this team not named Garcia is the leader of the team than please point them out please.

Whether people like it or not he is the leader of this team heading into the 2008 season.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 08, 2008, 12:10:45 PM

Jeff Garcia is the leader of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lead a team coming off a losing season to a division title and a 9-7 record. He had an undrafted free agent left tackle in Penn protecting his blindside (a rookie starting next to him in Sears) along with a lone legit threat in the passing game with Galloway. Graham isn't Westbrook by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what Garcia had to work with. And I do not think anyone would confuse Davin Joseph with Shawn Andrews anytime soon. Garcia deserves a lot more respect than what he is receiving from the fan base considering what he has accomplished in just one year with the team.

after the past 5 years of horrid QB play I agree 100%

Agent Orange

Starter

#24 : August 08, 2008, 12:18:10 PM

Garcia had a better team to work with than Simms had in 2005 and Simms got us closer to the divisional playoffs. Garcia had a much easier schedule to compete against with all of the injuries which occurred to our division opponents and even other teams such as the Rams when we played them. Garcia did nothing against the good teams to impress anyone and on the contrary it was obvious we should look at Favre because of Garcia's average performances against the good teams we played.

1sparkybuc

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 08, 2008, 12:27:20 PM

Other teams have held out their starters, when they have clinched a playoff spot, just to avoid an unnecessary risk of injury. Whether Garcia was injured or not really has no bearing on it. It's a coach's decision to do whatever he feels is best for the team. knowing Gruden, he's not thinking about the Glazers' bank account when the Carolina Panthers are on the agenda.

Also, whether or not Garcia is the best QB on our roster is a matter of opinion. In my opinion, he's not. He's the most experienced. In any other category you could name, someone to all of the other QBs, is/are superior. Garcia is shorter, slower, weaker, more prone to injury, and older than any or all of them.

He and Simms are about equal at whining.

I was glad to see him arrive. We needed a healthy veteran QB. I'll be glad to see him depart. We have 3 healthy veteran QBs and he's not.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 08, 2008, 12:29:37 PM

Garcia had a better team to work with than Simms had in 2005 and Simms got us closer to the divisional playoffs. Garcia had a much easier schedule to compete against with all of the injuries which occurred to our division opponents and even other teams such as the Rams when we played them. Garcia did nothing against the good teams to impress anyone and on the contrary it was obvious we should look at Favre because of Garcia's average performances against the good teams we played.

Simms I would argue had a better defense in 2005 backing him.

Also the schedule wasn't any tougher in 2005 as the Bucs were coming off a losing season in 2004.

Jeff Garcia is the leader of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lead a team coming off a losing season to a division title and a 9-7 record. He had an undrafted free agent left tackle in Penn protecting his blindside (a rookie starting next to him in Sears) along with a lone legit threat in the passing game with Galloway. Graham isn't Westbrook by any stretch of the imagination, but that is what Garcia had to work with. And I do not think anyone would confuse Davin Joseph with Shawn Andrews anytime soon. Garcia deserves a lot more respect than what he is receiving from the fan base considering what he has accomplished in just one year with the team.

after the past 5 years of horrid QB play I agree 100%

I can't believe people don't see the difference.  It is sad in a way no? :(

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 08, 2008, 12:45:49 PM

I can't believe people don't see the difference. It is sad in a way no? :(

I guess some Buc fans forget how atrocious the QB play has been here over the past 5 years. We should be thankful that Garcia won't throw up all over himself and lose games for the team. While he's not the best QB in the league I'm happy to have him

#28 : August 08, 2008, 01:42:48 PM

Garcia needs to get healthy, plain and simple.  The longer he is sidelined, the looser his grip gets on an extension and the starting job.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 08, 2008, 01:46:48 PM

I can't believe people don't see the difference. It is sad in a way no? :(

I guess some Buc fans forget how atrocious the QB play has been here over the past 5 years. We should be thankful that Garcia won't throw up all over himself and lose games for the team. While he's not the best QB in the league I'm happy to have him

So why isn't everyone else happy to have Garcia on the team?
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia Deserves NO SYMPATHY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools