Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia Deserves NO SYMPATHY « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 08, 2008, 01:49:26 PM

TAMPA……..BAY…..

Who’s with me….

JEFF…….

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 08, 2008, 01:52:23 PM

G - AR - CIA !

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 08, 2008, 01:55:16 PM

B-R-I-D-G-E-S !

Bucco40

Pro Bowler

#33 : August 08, 2008, 02:01:48 PM

F-O-X-W-O-R-T-H-Y

Aye, So we cut Clifton Smith?!?!

Set Course for Tampa Bay! Its time we make Bruce Allen a member of Davy Jones Locker!

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 08, 2008, 02:24:30 PM

hip hip...hooray...

JEFF......GARCIA........

He's our QB...if he can't do it...nobody can!!!!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 08, 2008, 02:51:00 PM

LUKE McCOWN is mightier than Brian Griese.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#36 : August 08, 2008, 03:17:40 PM

Actually, keepon, a lot of people are unhappy about him threatening to retire and complaining about his contract.

So if you felt you were healthy and was held out making you miss out on $1M you would keep your mouth shut? Just put yourself in his shoes for just a second.

He showed up to camp and all OTA's that weren't mandatory. He is the best QB on the roster, hopefully he can stay healthy.

Let me say I do wish Bruce would have gave the Packers the deal the Jets did. It wasn't that much compensation.

WHo's to say he really was healthy enough? A lot of people would play with an injury that wasn't fully healed for the extra $$. Jeff's a money guy, he knows it's a business and the team HAD to look at favre. It's not like we were trying to pull off a trade for Jake Delhomme, you're talking about Favre. That's a different animal. Getting upset about that is like an overweight wife getting upset at her husband for turning an looking when the naked supermodel walks by.

Love the analogy!

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 08, 2008, 03:22:59 PM

Jeff garcia is a merc.

Jon recruited him heavily prior to his stints with Cleveland, Detroit, AND Philly. Each time Jeff went for the money.

When he came here - he did so for the money.

He signed a contract to play for the money he's getting. Now he wants more money, AND sympathy?

Sorry - my sympathy was with the other merc, the ones the Jests signed - I'm fresh out.

Jeff? He'll play this year - for what the Bucs say he will play for - period.

It's tough to be 38 and want more money - only a few can pull that off. He won't have any backers next year - all of you Garcia backers will all be begging for Luke McCown by then anyway (if not before).

Don't sell me any Garcia sympathy crap - show me the torphy and I'll show you some love.

Until then - shut up and play.

Incomparable sig by Incognito

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 08, 2008, 03:27:28 PM

Don't get me wrong guys, I like Jeffrey (As a player...on the field) I'm just not a fan of his attitude. I belive he has done some really good things for us as the Starting QB. He has performed better than any QB here in Tampa since Brad Johnson (In my Humble Opinion). I'm just not a fan of stroking this guy's.......EGO, just because he's upset.

I agree with everyone who says "No one held a gun to his head, and made him sign a two year contract."

Sure it probably sucks to miss out on a million bucks, but he got HURT! That's why he didn't get his bonus. If he stays healthy, this is a non issue! I'm sure Jon Gruden was thinking "Jeffrey gives us the best chance to win in the Playoffs (When it really matters), so it would be STUPID to risk him getting hurt in a meaningless game against San Francisco."

Just my thoughts.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#39 : August 08, 2008, 03:29:50 PM

Jeff garcia is a merc.
Until then - shut up and play.

THIS MAN SPEAKS THE TRUTH!

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 08, 2008, 03:36:31 PM

Wow this board has turned on Garcia since the Favre debacle.

I agree he doesn't deserve simpathy at all. It's a business and Garcia should understand that by now. If not he's emotionally unstable

This board has lost site of this topic being a non-issue.  Garcia is a pro, he sells his services to whom he wants.  And he knows his employer has the right to buy whatever services they want.

I haven't heard one word from Jeff Garcia whining - but this board is full of accusations of him whining.  He has stood up and declared his intent to keep/win the job.  Any expectations of this board or anyone else beyond this guy declaring these intentions is silly.

That said - there is not one person who can make an argument that he is not paid appropriately.  I have read it all, listened to more of it.  The contract he signed - he signed - and has to live with.  BUT - the buccs are clearly interested in keeping him as they are trying to renegotiate the deal -to give him more money, and properly compensate him.  NO ONE knows what has been offered, we do know agreement has not been reached.

Damn folks - quit making folks out to be bad people - it is a business - and this is the way the NFL runs.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#41 : August 08, 2008, 04:40:53 PM

This topic is not a dead issue. You have misunderstood the original thought of this post.
And if you haven't heard one word from Jeffrey whining, you obviously haven't been paying attention. I've personally heard Jeffrey on the radio with 620 WDAE with Justin, and countless atricles in the paper about him being "unhappy."

This post isn't about him keeping or competing for his job; It's about the "thought that he should receive an apology for the Bucs Flirtation with Brett Favre."

The issue I have with the situation is the "Request" that some people are making, that the bucs owe Jeffrey some type of apology for wanting to improve the team. I know it's a business, so that just proves my point.

#42 : August 08, 2008, 05:46:51 PM

Screw Garcia....Let Luke take over.

And as much as I admire your thoughts ADW, after Gradkowski, there was nowhere to go but up for Garcia.  And JG accomplished as much as Simms did in 2005...one and done in the postseason.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 08, 2008, 05:53:45 PM

Wow this board has turned on Garcia since the Favre debacle.

I agree he doesn't deserve simpathy at all. It's a business and Garcia should understand that by now. If not he's emotionally unstable

I haven't heard one word from Jeff Garcia whining -
You've been living under a rock all offseason then?

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 08, 2008, 06:06:57 PM

To echo what docbrovo said - I don't hate Garcia, on the contrary I think he's our best chance to get to the playoffs. Until Luke McCown shows me something I am not a believer - I am full of hope that Luke will show me - something. I just have no assurance that Luke McCown will overcome his tendency to hold the ball too long and at least one time per game - gift wrap a turn-over that gets the opponent back into it.

Just have no sympathy for his feelings - he's a merc.

And as caradoc inferred - can we please get past the "Jon held him out of the games so the Bucs didn't have to pay him his bonus..." ? That's idiotic talk.

The guy was 37 and hurt and Gruden was planning for a deep run in the playoffs. He felt this team had more wins in it and wanted his playmakers rested for the run - and the back-up needed some game experience incase they needed him -plain and simple.

And besides, that was LAST season, Garcia just needs to shut up and play.

Incomparable sig by Incognito
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Garcia Deserves NO SYMPATHY « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools