Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL DOLPHIN GAME THREAD « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18

#255 : August 09, 2008, 10:22:27 PM

good game but the better team came out on top ;D
If we lost to the dolphins even in preseason, I would be extremely disappointed.........

jameswilder

Starter

#256 : August 09, 2008, 10:22:46 PM

I mean Smith and Darby are available, why risk injury to someone who you'd think will be on the 53 man roster.

Maybe they are showcasing him for a trade?

I was thinking the same thing but wasn't wanting to come off as some kind of hater. Just seemed strange to see him in there so late.

Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy- B. Franklin.

NoPo Buc Fan

Rookie

#257 : August 09, 2008, 10:23:26 PM

good game but the better team came out on top ;D
If we lost to the dolphins even in preseason, I would be extremely disappointed.........

i here that

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#258 : August 09, 2008, 10:24:31 PM

Not the most exciting of games, but for the first preseason game- no injuries, no penalties, and no turnovers by the offense. Not too bad. DL needs some more work on pressuring the QB, offense needs some tweaking, but I thought the OL looked good, and even with the second teamers and players who wont make the squad in there in the second half with the running game.
Mostly agreed. :D

-Chase

Our fans suck!

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#259 : August 09, 2008, 10:27:29 PM

I mean Smith and Darby are available, why risk injury to someone who you'd think will be on the 53 man roster.

I was thinking the same thing but wasn't wanting to come off as some kind of hater. Just seemed strange to see him in there so late.

If that scenario were true, it sounds like he had done enough without needing to be in there late...maybe it was more punishment to those behind him on the depth chart than anything with Bennett?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#260 : August 09, 2008, 10:28:40 PM

did the dolphins get any sacks against our first team?

our first offensive play....

Learners curve maybe? Could turn out to be a good thing.... It may keep them from getting to high on themselves. All they have to do is go back to that first play lol.

jameswilder

Starter

#261 : August 09, 2008, 10:28:50 PM

The one facet of this game which should be addressed is, is there an issue with Bryant? Was it the turf in the Mullets Stadium or is there a mechanical problem? If we are going to go into the season with the usual offense which puts up around 20 points a game, we can't be leaving field goals on the table like tonight.

Anyone here who has been at training camp, has Bryant looked sluggish? We HAVE to have a strong kicking game.

jameswilder

Starter

#262 : August 09, 2008, 10:31:56 PM

If that scenario were true, it sounds like he had done enough without needing to be in there late...maybe it was more punishment to those behind him on the depth chart than anything with Bennett?

Dunno. Clifton Smith was in the series before and didn't do anything wrong, no fumbles, had a nice punt return. Just thought it was odd to see Bennett in there so late. Maybe just me making something out of nothing.

NoPo Buc Fan

Rookie

#263 : August 09, 2008, 10:34:46 PM

The one facet of this game which should be addressed is, is there an issue with Bryant? Was it the turf in the Mullets Stadium or is there a mechanical problem? If we are going to go into the season with the usual offense which puts up around 20 points a game, we can't be leaving field goals on the table like tonight.

Anyone here who has been at training camp, has Bryant looked sluggish? We HAVE to have a strong kicking game.

i went to one of the training camps and i thought that bryant looked good making a 45, 50, 55, and a 60 yd kick all in a row. i think that there wasn't anything wrong with him he just missed the kicks all kickers miss sometimes

DailyRich68

Starter
#264 : August 09, 2008, 10:35:05 PM

I know it's just the first pre-season game, but all we've heard since camp started is "commitment to the run" and how the O-line has been blowing holes open. Well, with a 3rd and 1 and under 2 minutes with a chance to put the game away, the offense gets stuffed for a 3-yard loss. Unfortunately, this has been all too common for the Bucs the last few years. I don't care who is in there playing, get a yard for pete's sake for a first down and put the game away!
And how many of the guys on the field are going to be playing for us come September?

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#265 : August 09, 2008, 10:37:00 PM

i went to one of the training camps and i thought that bryant looked good making a 45, 50, 55, and a 60 yd kick all in a row. i think that there wasn't anything wrong with him he just missed the kicks all kickers miss sometimes

Somebody else mentioned this so hopefully we can chalk up tonight to playing on a baseball field...
Page: 1 ... 16 17 18
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: OFFICIAL DOLPHIN GAME THREAD « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools