Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! Steelers to add Culpepper and Leftwich « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 10, 2008, 09:08:20 AM

Employment proves it?
So you mean to tell me every RB on rosters today is better than a guy who was league MVP in 06?
Many things can effect a players employment status.

Numbers prove nothing either, if they did do you think the whole GB/Favre mess would have happened?
Not much difference in the numbers between Rodgers and Favre is there.

It doesn't really matter because all three of them suck and will likely be unemployed as the season goes on.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 10, 2008, 09:12:55 AM

Brooks will NEVER be employed by the NFL again...unless they need at janitor at league headquarters.

You really ought to check the stats before you start yapping.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 10, 2008, 09:26:18 AM

Brooks will NEVER be employed by the NFL again...unless they need at janitor at league headquarters.

You really ought to check the stats before you start yapping.
I know that stats, what are the 5-12 record and 11TDs 20 INTs if they aren't stats?
Don't get mad because someone disagrees with you and has something to backup their point of view.
Hell this isn't even about Brooks being good, it's more about the thought of Culpepper and Leftwich being good, you use the whole start games and won Shaun King did the same, was he decent? You use employment as a reason, Shaun Alexander?

You have your opinion I have mine, no need to get bent out of shape over it.

As for Brooks as a janitor, that will never happen, he would fumble the broom too much to get the job done.

Lamond

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 10, 2008, 09:37:31 AM

True that is about Brooks. Alexander Btw, has been washed up since his MVP season. Doesn't mean someone desperate (like the Steelers are for a backup QB) won't sign him.

Leftwich may not be any good, but Culpepper? The only reason he hasn't been employed is because he was holding out for a staters job and the $$ that goes with it.

I'm not mad either. Opinions may differ, but players play, and ex players don't. To compare a guy who hasn't palyed in 2 years to 2 guys who did last year just aint very logical IMO.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 10, 2008, 10:02:05 AM

True that is about Brooks. Alexander Btw, has been washed up since his MVP season. Doesn't mean someone desperate (like the Steelers are for a backup QB) won't sign him.
Someone may sign Brooks if they are desperate, you never know (poor suckers if they do).

Leftwich may not be any good, but Culpepper? The only reason he hasn't been employed is because he was holding out for a staters job and the $$ that goes with it.
Culpepper is actually worse than Leftwich IMO, the guy is garbage, he gets by on the hype generated from his days getting carried by Moss, Leftwich never had that luxury. Culpepper might have size and padded stats but you take away moss and he is nothing more than a turnover machine (17 fumbles and 20 INTs in just 18 games the last 3 years)

I'm not mad either. Opinions may differ, but players play, and ex players don't. To compare a guy who hasn't palyed in 2 years to 2 guys who did last year just aint very logical IMO.
It's only really been 1 year he hasn't played if he only missed the 07 season, plenty of players miss a year or more. Sure it's not the norm and is usually younger players but it happens. Look at who ended up as Grudens top QB his 1st years as a HC, a guy that had been out of the league for 3 years. Jimmy Smith of the Jags missed a year, employment isn't everything when judging who is better, you mention Culpepper as being better than Leftwich, what if Culpepper didn't sign with the Steelers because of the contract issues you mentioned, would that mean Leftwich suddenly became better because he had a job?

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 10, 2008, 11:18:29 AM

Only helps us IMO - QB FOR SALE [PRICED TO MOVE]

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 10, 2008, 12:41:00 PM

If the rumors of Dallas being interested in Simms are true this weekend just did wonders for us.

No matter how much any of us might hate Chris he looked better than we could have hoped for, the Cowboys backups look to have them very worried about what happens if Romo goes down & now there are 2 more name QBs off the FA list. Everything went right for us, now if it happens again Bruce might get that pick he's been holding out for.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 10, 2008, 12:57:09 PM

But haven't you heard, guys?  Simms is the best QB we have!   ::)

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#23 : August 10, 2008, 01:02:28 PM

I don;t see a problem with that comment, it might be true if we ran a totally different system to the one Gruden uses.
If we switch to a team that hands the ball off 45-50 times a game and lobs it deep 6 or 7 times on the 10 passes they do attempt and he would be the best QB we have.
But then we don't have the guys on the outside for that unless we get some ACME rocket boots for the WRs.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 10, 2008, 02:26:04 PM

I don;t see a problem with that comment, it might be true if we ran a totally different system to the one Gruden uses.
If we switch to a team that hands the ball off 45-50 times a game and lobs it deep 6 or 7 times on the 10 passes they do attempt and he would be the best QB we have.
But then we don't have the guys on the outside for that unless we get some ACME rocket boots for the WRs.

Yeah, and I could say that if I only had large muscles and a smaller nose, I'd be a chick magnet.  Still there are some ugly dudes out there with hot girlfriends.  They are just better than I am at playing the game...no matter the circumstances.  If Simms is as great as you say he is, blaming the system is a huge cop-out.

The ACME comment didn't give you a slight hint that I wasn't being serious?

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 10, 2008, 05:04:46 PM

But haven't you heard, guys?� Simms is the best QB we have!� �::)

Yeah, and I could say that if I only had large muscles and a smaller nose, I'd be a chick magnet.� Still there are some ugly dudes out there with hot girlfriends.� They are just better than I am at playing the game...no matter the circumstances.� If Simms is as great as you say he is, blaming the system is a huge cop-out.

The ACME comment didn't give you a slight hint that I wasn't being serious?

Yeah I realized it, but the thing is what you're saying is being said by other people on this board who are dead serious.  Guess I should have made that last sentence "as great as people are saying he is."

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 10, 2008, 06:02:01 PM

Simms, Clayton and Caddy will become our version of the Cowboys triplets in the 90's.

You just watch, once they are given the chance to shine this offense is going places.
Simms will make all the throws, Clayton will catch everything that comes his way and Caddy will be the total package at RB, LT will have nothing on him.
We just need to get rid of those chumps Garcia & Galloway while finding the Saints fan with the voodoo doll of Williams.

I am being sarcastic before anyone thinks I belong in an asylum.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 10, 2008, 06:57:18 PM

We do need some triplets though. The O-line is built and the D only needs 1 or 2 pieces, however a lack of skill players of quality will hold us back. As this team gels over the next few years, we need to have someone like JJ or McCown step up or draft a good QB with a high pick. Ditto for the RB and WR positions.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 10, 2008, 07:08:34 PM

We do need some triplets though. The O-line is built and the D only needs 1 or 2 pieces, however a lack of skill players of quality will hold us back. As this team gels over the next few years, we need to have someone like JJ or McCown step up or draft a good QB with a high pick. Ditto for the RB and WR positions.

Triplets?  Hell, at this point I'd take a single

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 10, 2008, 08:09:41 PM

Don't humans only have one spleen?  Simms will have to lose another organ if he plays here.  His release is too slow. However, we do have shotguns now so maybe he could take 30 drop steps ( all the way to the friggen goal line) and then use that deep arm threat to over throw someone in the end zone......wake up people.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Wow! Steelers to add Culpepper and Leftwich « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools