Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

dbtb135

Practice Squad

#15 : August 10, 2008, 01:29:53 PM

Ok so drops was the wrong word, Joey caught under 50% of balls thrown his way. Is that better?

Joey finished last year missing 41.8% of the balls thrown his way. I have a hard time believing that number would be around 60% in 06, which it would have to be to even it out.

Madman

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 10, 2008, 01:52:30 PM

Clayton looked noticeably quicker. Was getting good separation which gives me some hope. It was a terrible drop - but it was one play. I'm interested to see how he does in the next 3 pre-season games.

I'm really starting to think Spurlock might be a player at WR. He has the tools and came up big on the third and long.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 10, 2008, 02:00:53 PM

Talk about dropped balls, check TO's stats.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 10, 2008, 02:05:46 PM

For the life of me I can't understand how you are down on a guy for one dropped pass.  You guys kill me.  Sure the guy has something to prove, so let him prove it and stop kicking him for every freaking drop. There are going to be some folks...No one, not even Jerry Rice, catches them all...A one drop night doesn't warrant all of this...unless you just hating to be hating...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 10, 2008, 02:06:31 PM

Ok so drops was the wrong word, Joey caught under 50% of balls thrown his way. Is that better?

Joey finished last year missing 41.8% of the balls thrown his way. I have a hard time believing that number would be around 60% in 06, which it would have to be to even it out.

As hard as it might be to believe, it's true, he was the target on 141 passes and caught 62 of them (around 44%)

michael89156

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 10, 2008, 03:50:57 PM

Anyone know Claytons contract situation?

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#21 : August 10, 2008, 04:29:34 PM

Sometimes the easiest ones are the hardest to catch.

I liked the athleticism he showed last night, he definitely looked explosive, would like to have seen what he coulda done with that catch, but he took his eye off it.

#22 : August 10, 2008, 04:46:34 PM

I liked the athleticism he showed last night, he definitely looked explosive, would like to have seen what he coulda done with that catch, but he took his eye off it.

like he does every time.  He's dealt, I think, with the separation issues, but he needs to work on the drops still.

#23 : August 10, 2008, 04:50:14 PM

Production, please. The time for excuses has long passed.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 10, 2008, 04:51:23 PM

what made me laugh was I was watching the replay today and it had the Dolphins announcers on and when Clayton dropped the ball in the 1st quarter...."WOAH..that isn't like him.  He usually catches it and is off with it!"

He said something like that and I was just boggled...I mean I dont expect the announcers to know as much about the Bucs as we do...but seriously?

samsdad

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 10, 2008, 05:22:14 PM

watching the game now on nfl network...he didnt look to bad....couple nice catches....one drop....not bad for first preseason.

dpc1192

Starter

#26 : August 10, 2008, 05:26:49 PM

Clayton is going to surprise lots of people this year

just say no to Derek Carr

MBF

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 10, 2008, 06:58:01 PM

The only surprise would be if he could get any worse.

#28 : August 10, 2008, 07:32:14 PM

For the life of me I can't understand how you are down on a guy for one dropped pass. You guys kill me. Sure the guy has something to prove, so let him prove it and stop kicking him for every freaking drop. There are going to be some folks...No one, not even Jerry Rice, catches them all...A one drop night doesn't warrant all of this...unless you just hating to be hating...

Agreed.   

Watching the replay.  Mike turned before he had the ball.   Stupid mistake.   Hope that sunk in, I've seen it before...

He's tough and IS getting separation.   He'll work out fine IMO.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#29 : August 10, 2008, 09:09:30 PM

Clayton doesn't have burner speed.  The seperation you saw was a defensive mistake.   He's a possesion receiver except he doesn't have the hands for that type of game....i.e.  Welker.

Sorry but he can't run to the sidelines every game yelling "believe in me" because he can only catch the easy ones like he did on that first pass.   QB's get tired of guys who hurt the team with their fumble fingers.   If Gruden can't stand a back who puts it on the ground, what about a WR that is....well.....simply unrelieable.   Come on.......this is the NFL.   Stop making excuses for the guy.   I've watched him in camp regularly for years now and his hot dog attitude is contributing to his lack of concentration.    There's a number of guys on this team that deserve a shot.   He's had his.  Sorry...that's just how I see it.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools