Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 10, 2008, 09:10:51 PM

Clayton doesn't have burner speed. The seperation you saw was a defensive mistake. He's a possesion receiver except he doesn't have the hands for that type of game....i.e. Welker.

Sorry but he can't run to the sidelines every game yelling "believe in me" because he can only catch the easy ones like he did on that first pass. QB's get tired of guys who hurt the team with their fumble fingers. If Gruden can't stand a back who puts it on the ground, what about a WR that is....well.....simply unrelieable. Come on.......this is the NFL. Stop making excuses for the guy. I've watched him in camp regularly for years now and his hot dog attitude is contributing to his lack of concentration. There's a number of guys on this team that deserve a shot. He's had his. Sorry...that's just how I see it.

You got all of that negativity out of one drop?  Amazing....how about we pimp the 2 catches he made?  The defensive player was outta position?  How do you know?  You in the huddle and recognize that?  Just amazing...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

#31 : August 10, 2008, 09:14:04 PM

Clayton doesn't have burner speed. The seperation you saw was a defensive mistake. He's a possesion receiver except he doesn't have the hands for that type of game....i.e. Welker.

Sorry but he can't run to the sidelines every game yelling "believe in me" because he can only catch the easy ones like he did on that first pass. QB's get tired of guys who hurt the team with their fumble fingers. If Gruden can't stand a back who puts it on the ground, what about a WR that is....well.....simply unrelieable. Come on.......this is the NFL. Stop making excuses for the guy. I've watched him in camp regularly for years now and his hot dog attitude is contributing to his lack of concentration. There's a number of guys on this team that deserve a shot. He's had his. Sorry...that's just how I see it.

You got all of that negativity out of one drop?  Amazing....how about we pimp the 2 catches he made?  The defensive player was outta position?  How do you know?  You in the huddle and recognize that?  Just amazing...

Chev, stop playin it like it was ONE drop.  It's been many drops over several years. 

blitz

Pro Bowler
#32 : August 10, 2008, 09:19:45 PM

You got all of that negativity out of one drop?  Amazing....how about we pimp the 2 catches he made? The defensive player was outta position? How do you know? You in the huddle and recognize that? Just amazing...

I know it seems a bit harsh but come on.....I watched what happened in the Giant game and saw Garcia just getting killed because the WR's couldn't get seperation.   

Tivo doesn't lie.   It's time to give some other guys a shot. 

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 10, 2008, 09:23:19 PM

blitz, I don't think anyone is saying we can win without Galloway - we can't.    Losing Galloway was the key in that Giants loss.  But I still think Clayton has a shot at #2 this year.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 10, 2008, 09:25:42 PM

You got all of that negativity out of one drop? Amazing....how about we pimp the 2 catches he made? The defensive player was outta position? How do you know? You in the huddle and recognize that? Just amazing...

Chev, stop playin it like it was ONE drop. It's been many drops over several years.

Ohhh, now I get it we holding a grudge and he's not going to get a fair shake unless he's perfect from here on out...I see now...I get it...I saw ONE drop last night, 2 catches, and one ball that was uncatchable.  So yeah, if I'm being fair to the guy and not holding the past against him I thought he did ok and totally not worthy of these out of control I'm tired of Michael Clayton threads...I'm not against busting a guys chops when he deserves it, Mike didn't deserve half the crap you guys have given him for his performance in his first preseason game this year...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 10, 2008, 09:27:44 PM

blitz, I don't think anyone is saying we can win without Galloway - we can't. 
That's the problem. Pretty sad that this team looks lost on offense without a 37 year old WR. Bryant better step up.

#36 : August 10, 2008, 09:37:41 PM

You got all of that negativity out of one drop? Amazing....how about we pimp the 2 catches he made? The defensive player was outta position? How do you know? You in the huddle and recognize that? Just amazing...

Chev, stop playin it like it was ONE drop. It's been many drops over several years.

Ohhh, now I get it we holding a grudge and he's not going to get a fair shake unless he's perfect from here on out...I see now...I get it...I saw ONE drop last night, 2 catches, and one ball that was uncatchable.  So yeah, if I'm being fair to the guy and not holding the past against him I thought he did ok and totally not worthy of these out of control I'm tired of Michael Clayton threads...I'm not against busting a guys chops when he deserves it, Mike didn't deserve half the crap you guys have given him for his performance in his first preseason game this year...

I don't know what "crap" I gave him that you could be referring to, other than saying that he has to catch that ball.  It's not about holding grudges, it's about acknowledging weaknesses.  Should I join Java on the Simms wagon?  Just forget about all the flaws in his game, and say "let's start over"?  Maybe we should bring grads back and forget his issues too?  Hell, how about wade?  It's a new year, I'll just assume he's a monster now, and give him a pass the first few times he gets ragdolled?

C'mon, Mike has had the dropsies for 3 years, and then he goes and drops a PERFECT PASS that hit him in the hands, and you're saying "nothing to see here"? 

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 10, 2008, 09:40:18 PM

Even if it was one drop and we ignore it his play for the most part was average.

I do not think average play is enough to:

A.) Unseat Hilliard for the #2 spot
B.) Hold off Bryant from challenging him
C.) Obtaining a juicy extension from the Bucs.

Clayton needs to play better than average in the next few pre season showings to impress me.  I refuse to put the bar that low for him (not even for Stovall).

Average is not acceptable.

If the Bucs were seeking average WR play they would trot Warren, Spurlock, or Lucus out there.   Stovall and Clayton need to turn it up a notch or else the Bucs will give opurtunities to the other average WR's on this squad.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 10, 2008, 09:42:34 PM

Ohhh, now I get it we holding a grudge and he's not going to get a fair shake unless he's perfect from here on out...I see now...I get it...I saw ONE drop last night, 2 catches, and one ball that was uncatchable. So yeah, if I'm being fair to the guy and not holding the past against him I thought he did ok and totally not worthy of these out of control I'm tired of Michael Clayton threads...I'm not against busting a guys chops when he deserves it, Mike didn't deserve half the crap you guys have given him for his performance in his first preseason game this year...

I don't know what "crap" I gave him that you could be referring to, other than saying that he has to catch that ball. It's not about holding grudges, it's about acknowledging weaknesses. Should I join Java on the Simms wagon? Just forget about all the flaws in his game, and say "let's start over"? Maybe we should bring grads back and forget his issues too? Hell, how about wade? It's a new year, I'll just assume he's a monster now, and give him a pass the first few times he gets ragdolled?

C'mon, Mike has had the dropsies for 3 years, and then he goes and drops a PERFECT PASS that hit him in the hands, and you're saying "nothing to see here"?

Dude everybody drops the freaking ball!  it's one game, one meaningless game in preparation for the real ones.  You guys sound like he can't ever drop a ball ever again to regain your trust and that, to me, is just short sided.  I'm not disputing his past.  I'm looking to his future.  You guys are dwelling in his past and condemning him for one freaking mistake in a meaningless game...

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 10, 2008, 09:48:49 PM

Even if it was one drop and we ignore it his play for the most part was average.

Clayton needs to play better than average in the next few pre season showings to impress me. I refuse to put the bar that low for him (not even for Stovall).

If the Bucs were seeking average WR play they would trot Warren, Spurlock, or Lucus out there. Stovall and Clayton need to turn it up a notch or else the Bucs will give opurtunities to the other average WR's on this squad.

Average?  Based on what?  Had 5 balls thrown to him, caught 3, dropped one, and the other was uncatchable. 3/5 is not average...come on guys get that little speck of hate outta your eyes and be fair.  That's all I'm asking.  He didn't stink the joint up last night...nor was he spectacular be he caught more than he dropped in his first preseason game...

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 10, 2008, 09:57:22 PM

Clayton needs to play better than average in the next few pre season showings to impress me. I refuse to put the bar that low for him (not even for Stovall).

If the Bucs were seeking average WR play they would trot Warren, Spurlock, or Lucus out there. Stovall and Clayton need to turn it up a notch or else the Bucs will give opurtunities to the other average WR's on this squad.

Average?  Based on what?  Had 5 balls thrown to him, caught 3, dropped one, and the other was uncatchable. 3/5 is not average...come on guys get that little speck of hate outta your eyes and be fair.  That's all I'm asking.  He didn't stink the joint up last night...nor was he spectacular be he caught more than he dropped in his first preseason game...

I agree he didn't stink up the joint but he also wasn't spectacular.

Average, ordinary play.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 10, 2008, 10:03:01 PM

aiight... [banghead]

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 11, 2008, 09:27:39 AM

The oddity of it all IMHO is how in the world can Stovall not pass Clayton? I mean that scares the hell outta me...

Baghead #2

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 11, 2008, 09:30:02 AM

I posted this in another thread but it applies here...

Michael Clayton...for a few minutes, he looked like rookie in 04 who hauled in 80 passes and 1100 yds. He was getting separation, looked big fighting for balls. He looked great....and then the Clayton from 05-07 reared his ugly mug. That drop was just horrible...and Clayton's body language said it all. It was as if all the confidence he built for himself completely drained out of him. It was an awful thing to see. You saw the drooped head and slumped shoulders again when McCown overthrew him in the endzone. If there was ever a kid who needed a sports psychologist, its this kid. He needs to have a big night one of these pre-season games, just to let himself know he can do it.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 11, 2008, 09:32:51 AM

The oddity of it all IMHO is how in the world can Stovall not pass Clayton? I mean that scares the hell outta me...

To say I am concerned is an understatement.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Clayton « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools