Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What could have been!!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

: October 10, 2006, 01:21:54 PM

Mangini praised rookie center Nick Mangold, noting that the fewer times a player is picked out on game tapes, the better he is generally performing. “I haven’t had to say Nick’s name very often,” Mangini said.

http://www.nickmangold.net/

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 10, 2006, 01:32:27 PM

Mangini praised rookie center Nick Mangold, noting that the fewer times a player is picked out on game tapes, the better he is generally performing. “I haven’t had to say Nick’s name very often,” Mangini said.

http://www.nickmangold.net/

Obviously the Bucs deemed RG a more pressing need.

Marcus McNeill is doing a good job at LT for the Chargers....that was the one that got away.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#2 : October 10, 2006, 01:37:10 PM

I may be wrong, but I still think McNeil's career will be short lived with that spinal stenosis.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 10, 2006, 02:51:14 PM

I may be wrong, but I still think McNeil's career will be short lived with that spinal stenosis.

You are right there.  They will be looking for another stud in about 3 years...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 10, 2006, 03:20:28 PM

hows Winston Justice doing? Eric Winston?

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#5 : October 10, 2006, 03:27:24 PM

Well at least they've have a stud on the OL. We're still looking for one now.

maybe Santa will come early this year for us....

CadillacPower24_2006

Practice Squad

#6 : October 10, 2006, 03:36:27 PM

Hey, if Santa's fat butt can block get him on the line.

league minimum???? ;D :o ;)

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#7 : October 10, 2006, 03:37:56 PM

Hey, if Santa's fat butt can block get him on the line.
Forget it...Rosenhaus is his agent.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 10, 2006, 03:55:31 PM

So far, taking Joseph over Mangold was foolish.   But that may change.

simms22

Second String

#9 : October 10, 2006, 04:22:56 PM

Obviously the Bucs deemed RG a more pressing need.

Marcus McNeill is doing a good job at LT for the Chargers....that was the one that got away.
agreed marcus mcneill is a stud, and while he had back issues, his play so far is by no means a suprise.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#10 : October 11, 2006, 10:21:13 AM

agreed marcus mcneill is a stud, and while he had back issues, his play so far is by no means a suprise.
Had back issues??? He has an incurable degenerative back problem.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#11 : October 11, 2006, 10:50:07 AM

Had back issues??? He has an incurable degenerative back problem.

Yeah.  Kind of like the Bills fans and their incurable Lombardi-Envy.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#12 : October 11, 2006, 11:04:30 AM

Don't see how you can make that observation considering that we have a major issue at RG without Joseph in the starting lineup. Mahan has be horrible, even forced Coach to pull him out of Sunday's game with his play. So if you draft Mangold you still have a GAPING hole at RG. Seems like a wash either way you go, Rg/C, because either way you go to the other position still has to be addressed.

ABuccs Fan

Practice Squad

#13 : October 11, 2006, 11:23:11 AM

Don't see how you can make that observation considering that we have a major issue at RG without Joseph in the starting lineup. Mahan has be horrible, even forced Coach to pull him out of Sunday's game with his play. So if you draft Mangold you still have a GAPING hole at RG. Seems like a wash either way you go, Rg/C, because either way you go to the other position still has to be addressed.
Maybe, just maybe it's 2 fold. Not only do we have a lack of physical talent, but I think the O-line calls are also a big problem. There was obviously some blocking assignment confusion on the play where AD didn't block anyone and Caddy got dropped for a 6 yard loss. AD had a guy right over his outside shoulder, but didn't even breathe on him, and went out to block the LB. DE untouched for a 6 yard loss. What the hell was that. There are some serious problems with this O-line, and it's not just a lack of talent.

CeriousBuc

Practice Squad

#14 : October 11, 2006, 11:38:43 AM

Maybe, just maybe it's 2 fold. Not only do we have a lack of physical talent, but I think the O-line calls are also a big problem. There was obviously some blocking assignment confusion on the play where AD didn't block anyone and Caddy got dropped for a 6 yard loss. AD had a guy right over his outside shoulder, but didn't even breathe on him, and went out to block the LB. DE untouched for a 6 yard loss. What the hell was that. There are some serious problems with this O-line, and it's not just a lack of talent.

I can't argue with that.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: What could have been!!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools