Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: david carr? « previous next »
Page: 1

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

: December 21, 2006, 08:30:57 AM

I agree with what Dal said a few days ago. Carr is Rob JOhnson all over again, he's super-athletic but the decision-making is questionable. You can't hang the sacks on him, well not all of them.

big bad bob

Rookie

#1 : December 21, 2006, 08:23:09 AM

You can agree with me or disagree but numbers dont lie.2002 -2006
74 games
64 interceptions
248 sacks
1463 yards lost
65 fumbles
58 tds
did he have a good o line?
do the bucs have a great o line?
he will have the same stats if the bucs have the same o line.

big bad bob

Rookie

#2 : December 21, 2006, 08:42:31 AM

i didnt blame the sacks on him.i said if the bucs got him with a bad o line he would be the same qb with the
same stats.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : December 21, 2006, 08:53:04 AM

He's the worst kind of player because he'll have throws, he'll have drives heck he'll even have games where the talent just shines through and you are blown away but then it all goes away. He's a tease.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

bklynbucs11

Starter

#4 : December 21, 2006, 11:38:15 AM

Carr isn't a WCO Qb by any stretch. None of the offenses they've run in Houston resemble what we're trying to do in Tampa. In my eyes, he's Chris Simms with slightly crisper motion and more mobility (which he doesn't know how to use) but less experience in our system.

cvillebucfan

Hall of Famer

#5 : December 21, 2006, 12:00:24 PM

hmmm, I don't know I think Gruden def brings out the best in QB's, track record shows he can elevate their games. Carr is a bit of a tease no question. I wouldn't mind seeing him here one bit to be honest because I think Gruden could make him a good QB. Carr has elite ability, just never really had any coaching to speak of. Kubiak did great with Elway and I know all of that but sometimes a change of scenery can do a lot. Do I think he is our savior, no, but I do think that if we could get him on our terms (not breaking the bank or affecting how we approach FA) I wouldn't mind seeing what Gruden can do with the kid.

Baghead #2

naplesbuc

Pro Bowler

#6 : December 21, 2006, 12:17:16 PM

Carr doesn't seem to have enough upstairs to be a top level QB.  I'm not sure that's fixable but Gruden could probably elevate his game.

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#7 : December 21, 2006, 03:50:55 PM

listening to sirrus radio today , there is talk of Carr not being the QB in 07, they maybe looking to bring in plumer from Denver

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : December 21, 2006, 04:05:53 PM

listening to sirrus radio today , there is talk of Carr not being the QB in 07, they maybe looking to bring in plumer from Denver

There's not a lot of qB's out there and the teams that need 'em: TB, DET, PHL, OAK, HOU, CLE are all gonna be fishing in the same pond and the names worth even knowing are, possibly, Carr, Plummer, Simms, Garcia, Huard and......

That's basically 5 QB's of dubious quality being fought over by 6 teams. Should be a scary thought.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#9 : December 21, 2006, 04:38:19 PM

There's not a lot of qB's out there and the teams that need 'em: TB, DET, PHL, OAK, HOU, CLE are all gonna be fishing in the same pond and the names worth even knowing are, possibly, Carr, Plummer, Simms, Garcia, Huard and......

That's basically 5 QB's of dubious quality being fought over by 6 teams. Should be a scary thought.
Me definitely scared.

coopsxx

Starter
#10 : December 22, 2006, 11:40:58 AM

he is better than Rattay, Plummer, Gradkowski, Simms Bledsoe or Brunell though.

I still think that Leftwich might be the best guy out there

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#11 : December 22, 2006, 11:46:37 AM

i would take a hard look at Carr, its always hard for a rookie to start out on a exspansion team, i think he has the tools and maybe a new start will do him good

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#12 : December 22, 2006, 12:58:19 PM

good read on QB's  http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9886005
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: david carr? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools